• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What I'd wear today if I was given $1500 to spend.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought that it might be fun to do this, sort of a riff off the "what are you wearing now" thread. Rules are that the pieces have to be in your size, and available online. Be a stylist for yourself. Let's cap the total cost at $1500, including everything. The cap makes the exercise more interesting. I'll start. A chillier day in Boston today, so I am going to bust out a fall outfit (would still be too hot for the day though. Engineered Garments Herringbone jacket, in medium, available from www.stevenalan.com, $398. Troglodyte Homunculus shirt (Brick is Red) by group seize sur vingt ($140) available at www.16sur20.com. Crate James IV jeans in blue, available from www.activeendeavors.com, $134. Nyovee tobacco colored belt (simple, classic, good leather, for this classic Americana look) available from Bluebeeonline.com, $98. Dill sneakers by Steven Alan $165 in brown with aqua trim. (pic not available) Anyway, this is my take on the blazer with jeans look, prevented from looking cliched by the atypical blazer and the strong Americana themes. More tomorrow. Please add!

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
**** I'm stumped!!

I know I could finish that money in a day easily, but this thread just made me realize that I would probably pick up just a bunch of random **** that I otherwise would not have been able to buy.

Talk about reality check LA Guy.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Engineered Garments Herringbone jacket, in medium, available from www.stevenalan.com, $398.

Excellent choice. Too bad they're out of mediums already.

Maybe I'll get a chance later to post an outfit.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to parse, but to narrow the parameters, I have to buy new stuff, an entire ensemble, and we'll say the month is... early November
smile.gif
. I'm afraid this is going to be very boring and Styleforum/Superfuture hype-centric.

Alden Indy Boots in dark brown - $290
Gap socks - $4
5EP Straight resin - $275
gray AA tshirt - $10
Brown Filson belt - $50
Blue/Orange - Steven Alan shirt - $170
Trovata vneck sweater in blue - $150
Filson cruiser - $265
Jpress red/black/white schoolboy scarf - $70
Navy carhartt watch cap - $8
Hamilton khaki watch in olive - $250

Total - $1542

I have to lose $42 somewhere. Surprising how fast it adds up. I can probably find better prices on a few items, but I haven't included shipping... hmmm... Maybe cheaper jeans. And apprently I'm going commando.

familyman

Reaction score
My list (pictures will be added soon) Tweed Cap from Cable Car $98
71623_RichardsCountryCap.jpg
Mercer Button down $78
sht2_c1.jpg
Filson Tin Cruiser $265
pFILSON1-2230805t130.jpg
Alden Cordovan Indy's $575 (that's how much they are now yes?)
20060403_Indy.jpg
Leather Goods Connection Belt $40 That leaves me $444 so spend on some 501 Repro, probably 'canes.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fok, did you find me the whipcord jacket yet?
laugh.gif

How about the rb safari jacket?
crackup[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
PBJ xx-005 Jeans mailordered from B.I.G. $220 (see long ass SF thread for pics)

Band of Outsiders white s/s shirt $182
http://www.bluebeeonline.com/Auspien...&t=236&clr=000

Fred Perry Limited edition tailored sportswear VNeck checked sweater $200 (can't link flash images but this is the bees knees)

Paul Smith oxblood laceups $420 (I actually own these in teal)
s4xc-1028-hur-b9-6213.jpg

D&G "cream" black resin/stainless watch $350
dandg-cream-watch-mens-dw0059-190x107.jpg

grand total: $1372 still enough for some JCrew argyle socks and a Paul Smith scarf

nomovement

Reaction score

lemond filmore track bike, $1099 leaves me 401 left for

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement

lemond filmore track bike, $1099 leaves me 401 left for

For extra points, use them concurrently!
biggrin.gif

nomovement

Reaction score
those oki-ni rod lavers look reat; I just hate the fact that they're $125 more than my white ones...the rubber band on that watch is a little too agressive though. I wouldn't even spend fake internet money on that watch. besides it doesn't go with the classic look you got goin with those wayfarers and that field shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads