or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Let's see your weight loss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's see your weight loss - Page 16

post #226 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustik View Post
Detrimental effects from lard stem from high levels of cholesterol, not from "bad calories". There is no rate of glucose absorption for a donut nor vegetables because glucose does not appear in monomer form naturally. Sucrose and fructose, found in donuts, is in much higher concentration in donuts than in vegetables. If I were to eat the same AMOUNT of sugar from a donut and the same AMOUNT from a vegetable the effect would be the same. Insulin does the same thing regardless of the food that triggers it because the beta cells are only triggered by glucose, which is the same regardless of the food it came from. Do you guys do no research before posting? :\\
What evidence do you have that eating lard will cause high cholesterol? What makes you think it's possible to consume the same amount of sugar that's been refined and processed into a doughnut, in the form of vegetables? Wouldn't the fiber fill you up before you could achieve such a feat? Not to mention, simultaneously lower the rate of glucose absorption, and subsequent spike in insulin secretion?
post #227 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm9128 View Post
I was replying to acoustik; pointing out that, in fact, all calories are not, and could not, be created equal.

Oh my bad.
post #228 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm9128 View Post
What evidence do you have that eating lard will cause high cholesterol? What makes you think it's possible to consume the same amount of sugar that's been refined and processed into a doughnut, in the form of vegetables? Wouldn't the fiber fill you up before you could achieve such a feat? Not to mention, simultaneously lower the rate of glucose absorption, and subsequent spike in insulin secretion?
Consuming too many carbs can cause high cholesterol as well. Carbs break down into sugar which then are stored as fat. Saturated fat isn't bad for us, contrary to popular belief.
post #229 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
Saturated fat isn't bad for us, contrary to popular belief.

That's what I'm getting at.
post #230 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm9128 View Post
That's what I'm getting at.

I'm agreeing with you.
post #231 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
I'm agreeing with you.

I know. So am I.
post #232 of 240
Hey, mm84321, you know circumnavigating a ban is itself bannable right?
post #233 of 240
Legendary threak, Taubes is ALREADY up in this bitch. All we need now is some paleo and no gluten thing and this shit will reach greatness. Making diet comparisons between, say, an adequate protein 2000 cal diet and an isocaloric diet containing barely anything consisting mostly of sugar is retarded.
post #234 of 240
Back in 2006, I list over 100 lbs. in about 6 months. Unfortunately, I don't have any of my old pics. I hate myself so much, that I destroyed any visual proof of me ever being fat. I've kept it off since that time. Weight loss isn't nearly as hard as some people in here are making it out to be. Weight loss is mostly about going back to the basics, that's really about it. Don't bother trying to challenge that statement because I won't debate or argue about it.
post #235 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
Weight loss is mostly about going back to the basics, that's really about it. Don't bother trying to challenge that statement because I won't debate or argue about it.

I'd have to concur with that. I had convinced myself your years that it was all too hard, until I got a health scare last year. It was impressed on me that I had no choice. In just 6 months I have lost more than 20 kilos and now weigh what I did a quarter-century ago.

All that took was a shift in my dietary habits. I got to keep on eating a lot of things that I like, but had to totally eliminate the rubbish. I only needed to marginally increase my exercise; I still do not go to the gym, or run, or anything dramatic.

What I found worked is having a plan I can stick to in my lifestyle, and sticking to it. Taking it to extremes in either diet or exercise is self-defeating, because you will eventually give up and revert.
post #236 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post
I'd have to concur with that. I had convinced myself your years that it was all too hard, until I got a health scare last year. It was impressed on me that I had no choice. In just 6 months I have lost more than 20 kilos and now weigh what I did a quarter-century ago.

All that took was a shift in my dietary habits. I got to keep on eating a lot of things that I like, but had to totally eliminate the rubbish. I only needed to marginally increase my exercise; I still do not go to the gym, or run, or anything dramatic.

What I found worked is having a plan I can stick to in my lifestyle, and sticking to it. Taking it to extremes in either diet or exercise is self-defeating, because you will eventually give up and revert.
Exactly.
Most of the times when a person loses weight, like in my case, we just go back to eating reasonable protein portions, vegetables, small amounts of starch, fruits and cutting out the crap. When you look at it, the only thing you're doing is going back to eating the way you're supposed to be eating anyways. If we stuck to those eating habits, we wouldn't get fat in the first place.
post #237 of 240
Jeez there was some good overnight.
post #238 of 240
I am going to cut simple sugars & processed shit to a minimum and see what happens. I get the feeling they actually do slow fat loss.
post #239 of 240
update: so far I've lost 11 lbs in a little more than a month. Now I need to lose another 17 and I'll be there biggrin.gif
post #240 of 240
Some idiocy in here. The energy from 100 calories is still 100 calories whether from a donut or broccoli. Arguing that broccoli is more nutritious is a strawman ie Broccoli might be absorbed less efficiently but that's a different argument.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Let's see your weight loss