or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Let's see your weight loss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's see your weight loss - Page 11

post #151 of 240
As much as I'd like to reciprocate your weak-ass ad hominem, I decline to do so.

e. I could have rephrased my original statement by pointing out that from your recommendations, only #7 is the important one. The rest are a bit iffy at best.
post #152 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrH View Post
The rest are a bit iffy at best.

Well that's why you're fat and I'm not.
post #153 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
Last summer, I began my weight loss journey in June. I had been skinny my entire life until it caught up to me in my mid 20s. I'm 5'11 on the dot and started out around 180. Through biking, walking/hiking and diet changes I lost 40 pounds in about 3 months. Briskly walking for an hour burns around 250-300 calories. Screw running. It sucks and it's hard on the body. Hear are some things which helped me: 1)Cut out ALL alcohol(I lost the first 10 pounds with ease just by quitting beer). 2)Only drink skim milk...1% of you really have to. 3)Only drink real, fresh squeezed juice. 4)Make sure you figure out how many calories you burn on a daily basis-then subtract at least 500 calories...I ended up having a daily deficit of 1,000 or more. 6)Water water water...it is your friend...get a nalgene bottle and keep that biznitch filled all day 5)No more fast food 6)No more Junk food 7)Can't emphasize how important it is to have a caloric deficit. 8)Don't eat after 7pm. 9)Get proper sleep 10)When you get a hankering for a big quarter pounder with cheese, stuff your face with vegetables until full. 11)Do interval training. Sounds like a lot of work...because IT IS. There is no magic bullet to losing weight. It's a pain in the ass and takes a lot of will power. Last but not least...don't be scared of saturated fats....despite what people say, it's actually not bad for you. Eating a ton of carbohydrates to the point where your body stores it as fat is what clogs your arteries. In the end, you'll feel great and have more confidence. I played soccer for 13 years in my youth, and I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life now at 28...nearing 29. You can do it guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
So you don't deny being fat?
Him being fat has nothing to do with the bolded BS. For every good tip you posted, you posted like 2 awful meaningless ones. "Only drink pure juice" man get the fuck out of here. There are people doing all the shit in bold who are trying to + aren't losing weight cause they aren't doing the shit that matters. Likewise I've lost about 12lbs so far while still indulging in HFCS & alcoholic drinks, burgers, cookies, crackers, donuts, and cakes.... in moderation + while maintaining a net caloric deficit. I personally have lost weight while literally contradicting every one of the bolded points you made along w/many others. "Clean" eating in the context of weight loss is such bullshit, it doesn't matter, and antagonizing people who call u out when u urself are wrong is about as weak as it gets
post #154 of 240
Remember, this is the same guy who has a better physique than the P90X dudes and would give a forum discount for people if they'd buy a video of him doing the movements.

Also, bruce lee was fucking strong, which I'm guessing a guy squatting with resistance bands would not be.
post #155 of 240
I've been able to get the body I have due to eating clean. Junk food, store bought juices and processed food only get in the way of being shredded. I bet you guys are losing weight but you still look like softies. And by the way, Bruce Lee didn't do a ton of weight lifting...he did mostly cardio and resistance training (sit ups, push ups etc). That's why he was able to stay so small and lean. Heavy weight lifting gives you mass...which makes you big...and slow.
post #156 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrH View Post
Remember, this is the same guy who has a better physique than the P90X dudes and would give a forum discount for people if they'd buy a video of him doing the movements. Also, bruce lee was fucking strong, which I'm guessing a guy squatting with resistance bands would not be.
Is doing 100 push ups in under 2 mins strong to you? How about 20-25 pull ups in a row? 250 crunches without stopping for a break? I think it's probably a little better than average You don't need P90X to get ripped.
post #157 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
Is doing 100 push ups in under 2 mins strong to you?

How about 20-25 pull ups in a row?

250 crunches without stopping for a break?

I think it's probably a little better than average

You don't need P90X to get ripped.

Strong, but I've had 12 year olds bust that out.

Do that + big numbers on your bench, weighted pull up and squat, then you're the hot stuff you think you are.

Plus - better than average is being able to do 2 pull ups.
post #158 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajak View Post
Strong, but I've had 12 year olds bust that out. Do that + big numbers on your bench, weighted pull up and squat, then you're the hot stuff you think you are. Plus - better than average is being able to do 2 pull ups.
Lies. You do not know any 12 year olds who can do that. I usually use 5-10lb weight in a back pack when doing pull ups. I don't think I'm hot stuff, but I do know I'm in the best shape of my life.
post #159 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
Lies. You do not know any 12 year olds who can do that.

I usually use 5-10lb weight in a back pack when doing pull ups.

I don't think I'm hot stuff, but I do know I'm in the best shape of my life.

Not anymore, since they got older, but I have had peewees do 100 pushups in 2 minutes. Also +120 situps in 2 min.
post #160 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
Lies. You do not know any 12 year olds who can do that.

I usually use 5-10lb weight in a back pack when doing pull ups.

I don't think I'm hot stuff, but I do know I'm in the best shape of my life.

Your life, not ours.

I've seen 12 year olds bust out 8 one armed chins. Walk in to any climbing or gymnast gym and you'll find plenty of 12yr olds who can bust of 20+ pull-ups, planches levers etc. Your stats above say your 'in shape' not strong.

And no, lifting heavy does not make you slow.

I hate responding to trolls.
post #161 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano View Post
Your life, not ours.

I've seen 12 year olds bust out 8 one armed chins. Walk in to any climbing or gymnast gym and you'll find plenty of 12yr olds who can bust of 20+ pull-ups, planches levers etc. Your stats above say your 'in shape' not strong.

And no, lifting heavy does not make you slow.

I hate responding to trolls.

haha...not strong?


hahahahhahahaha
post #162 of 240
You are 140lbs.
post #163 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano View Post
You are 140lbs.
The ignorance is strong with this one. You could be my weight and probably couldn't do half the amount of push ups and pull ups I can do. You sound like a typical jealous fat/out of shape guy.
post #164 of 240
This subforum is my favorite sometimes.
post #165 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by landoeffincalrissian View Post
The ignorance is strong with this one.

You could be my weight and probably couldn't do half the amount of push ups and pull ups I can do.

You sound like a typical jealous fat/out of shape guy.

This is true, you know nothing about me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Let's see your weight loss