• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you go barefoot on non-carpeted floors?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just moved into a new place with wood and tile floors. Previously I've always lived in carpeted apartments and always walk around barefoot. I don't find the new floors too hard but the major problem is that my feet are constantly picking up dirt, even after I mop the floors. I have to wear sandals or have to wash my feet several times a day.

I never had this problem with carpet. Am I mopping improperly or is this a natural property of smooth floors?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That stuff was there with carpeting, but was hidden in the fibers. It's just a natural effect of having wood floors.

Having said that, put on a pair of slippers you effing hippie.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes are a luxury. Just go barefoot. *******.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I don't find the new floors too hard but the major problem is that my feet are constantly picking up dirt, even after I mop the floors.

Whew, I thought it was just me, since I've been living in places with polished concrete or hardwood for a few years no.

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
That stuff was there with carpeting, but was hidden in the fibers. It's just a natural effect of having wood floors.

I don't care how dirty the carpets are as long as it doesn't get onto my feet. It feels gross having my feet covered in dust/dirt/pubes.

turboman808

Reaction score
Clean your floors. Seriously why does someone have to tell you this? LOL

Mopping is one thing but what you need to do next is get a large beach towel to dry the floor. This combo picks up all the dirt.

Doctor

Reaction score
Buy some slippers?

I have a pair of sneakers that I wear around the house all the time. They are totally clean. I never go barefoot - I don't like the feeling.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the disadvantage of non-carpeted floors. Hardwood is more attractive, and cleaner in the sense that you don't have all those allergens hiding in the shag, but the price you pay is having to wear slippers or sandals (or shoes) all the time, or to clean obsessively, if you don't want your feet filthy.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asian wife = no Shoes in the House!
Seriously get some slippers.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm wearing slippers but find them inconvenient and not as comfortable as au naturel.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I don't find the new floors too hard but the major problem is that my feet are constantly picking up dirt, even after I mop the floors.

Learn how to clean. Why are your floors dirty?

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Learn how to clean. Why are your floors dirty?

Hardwood floors get dirty very quickly...do you expect him to give his floors a 1-hour vacuum and scrubdown every day?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Hardwood floors get dirty very quickly...do you expect him to give his floors a 1-hour vacuum and scrubdown every day?

Servants, or a cleaning lady several times a week and a roomba to maintain.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Servants, or a cleaning lady several times a week and a roomba to maintain.

THIS, plus a majordomo to sweep in front of me as I walk about the mansion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads