or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Your Very Elegant Mother will Just have to find another seat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your Very Elegant Mother will Just have to find another seat.

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...to-planet.html
post #2 of 35
Um, Jeremy, what are you talking about? What does Pluto have to do with "Your Very Elegant Mother will Just have to find another seat."?

Jon.
post #3 of 35
(Psst...don't anyone tell Jon.)
post #4 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
(Psst...don't anyone tell Jon.)
post #5 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
(Psst...don't anyone tell Jon.)

Oh, god. I can't believe you guys can take such a meaningless story and turn it into the most juvenile thing you can possibly think of.

Jon.
post #6 of 35
I don't get the title. Is it supposed to be another inside joke like brown is for farmer?
post #7 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Oh, god. I can't believe you guys can take such a meaningless story and turn it into the most juvenile thing you can possibly think of.

Jon.
Hmm, somebody's not acting like they deserve fudge . . .
post #8 of 35
I always though she served us nine pies, so I guess she'll have to find something else to fix us.
post #9 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Hmm, somebody's not acting like they deserve fudge . . .

Listen, it wasn't funny and apparently I was not the only person who didn't get it at first ^. And honestly, it wasn't that obvious in the first place. Anyways, I don't like fudge.

Jon.
post #10 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Listen, it wasn't funny and apparently I was not the only person who didn't get it at first ^. And honestly, it wasn't that obvious in the first place. Anyways, I don't like fudge.

Jon.
Personally, I thought it was a little bit funny. YMMV, obviously. My response was intended more to be an opportunistic riff on the whole mnemonic thing as well as a bit of a hint for you or anyone else who didn't get the reference - "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" being a common mnemonic phrase used for learning musical notation.
post #11 of 35
Thread Starter 
Testy testy. Good one lawyerdad. BTW, doesn't anyone care at all that Pluto is no longer a planet? I feel like I've been living a lie all these years!
post #12 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Personally, I thought it was a little bit funny. YMMV, obviously. My response was intended more to be an opportunistic riff on the whole mnemonic thing as well as a bit of a hint for you or anyone else who didn't get the reference - "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" being a common mnemonic phrase used for learning musical notation.
Isn't YMMV a car term?
post #13 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Isn't YMMV a car term?
I think of it ("Your Mileage May Vary") as a literal car term that has through common usage mutated into a metaphorical "internet term" denoting that individuals often have different perceptions of or reactions to comparable experiences, facts, etc.
post #14 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Testy testy. Good one lawyerdad. BTW, doesn't anyone care at all that Pluto is no longer a planet? I feel like I've been living a lie all these years!

I'm still trying to get over the map of Eastern Europe since the Iron Curtain collapsed - you just can't go home again.
post #15 of 35
What I found most interesting about this story is that a group of people can get together and unilaterally decide that something no longer is. Can this be applied to other areas of life? Is there a committee that decides that a woman is no longer a "babe"? If there is, I have some prime candidates for demotion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Your Very Elegant Mother will Just have to find another seat.