Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Today at 6:04 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 449post #6721 of 76184/6/16 at 10:17ampost #6722 of 76184/6/16 at 2:36pmpost #6723 of 76184/6/16 at 3:11pmpost #6724 of 76184/6/16 at 3:32pmQuote:
these are my daily beaters. so comfortable. but sleek is not a term i would use with these. the toe box profiles very much like my trubalance boots.
agree in the brass. will prob change them myself eventually.post #6725 of 76184/6/16 at 6:25pmQuote:
Great boots. Mogano shell is really nice. Brian @ Role Club boots down in L.A. put some nice brass hooks and eyes on my Alden 403's, so you might look him up. http://www.roleclub.com/boots/post #6726 of 76184/6/16 at 7:17pmpost #6727 of 76184/6/16 at 7:30pmpost #6728 of 76184/8/16 at 6:47am
I've had both the Stow boot and Bourton shoe. Since you could have got away with a 9.5 in the Grensons I'd go for a 9.5 in the Trickers Stow boot as these are made on their 4497S last which is true to size but generous. However the 444 last on which the Bourton shoe is made definitely comes up big, at least half a size big, so I'd go for the size 9 in those. I get mine from http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/trickers who include Tricker's trees with each order.post #6729 of 76184/8/16 at 7:06ampost #6730 of 76184/8/16 at 7:49amQuote:
I can confirm this is the case for me as well, Malton and Stows in 8.5; got Henrys in 8.5 as well, far too roomy without thick socks, will get 8.0 next time for the 4444 last.post #6731 of 76184/8/16 at 12:35pmpost #6732 of 76184/8/16 at 1:59pmQuote:
If anyone takes a UK 10.5 stow, hurry up and buy the Walnut Antique Cordovan Stow on red dainite from retricker.
I'd buy them myself, but I would need about 5 pairs of socks to fill them out!
The size 7 1/2 chocolate suede "Logger" with a plain front crepe rubber sole currently up for auction from retricker would fit me perfectly without the need for extra socks. But I do wonder if the "defects" part of the description pertains to the whole design concept behind this most alarmingly hairy-looking of boots and not merely to the large gob of white gunk that appears to be oozing from the welt.post #6733 of 76184/8/16 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Olderfellow
The size 7 1/2 chocolate suede "Logger" with a plain front crepe rubber sole currently up for auction from retricker would fit me perfectly without the need for extra socks. But I do wonder if the "defects" part of the description pertains to the whole design concept behind this most alarmingly hairy-looking of boots and not merely to the large gob of white gunk that appears to be oozing from the welt.
They have white crepe soles, so the white you can see on the sole edge looks like the edge dressing/paint has been chipped up revealing the white underneath.
Would be an easy fix to cover up. Nice looking boot!
ETA: Actually, the white does extend to the welt leather, so not exactly sure what it is!post #6734 of 76184/9/16 at 5:08am
Fellow Tricker's aficionados, a tale of how I have just ended up with an improved pair of boots that I really love.
I bought a pair of Tricker's Polos on eBay nearly two years ago. They were a bargain ... a never-worn collaboration with ASOS for £101. They looked like this:
Well, I am a bit more traditional and never really liked the red soles, nor the very pale welt, but they were light and easy to wear on a warm day. I darkened the welt, and that improved the look, however I never felt like I was wearing a pair of Tricker's. They just felt a bit cheap, no "build quality", just a flimsy boot. I knew that they could be better so I sent them off to Richard at The Shoe Healer for a refit last week.
As fortune would have it, I was driving by Doncaster yesterday so was able to collect them in person. What a difference. Richard's team added an interim sole, a mid-sole and finally a Dainite studded sole, together with a proper heelstack. The boots are transformed and now feel like the pair of Northampton-made boots that they are. They have gained the rigidity that they should always have had, not to mention the looks that they deserve. I know that some of you would have been happier with the red sole, but this is what I really wanted.
Moral .... if you have a pair of boots that you aren't quite happy with, a resole might be all that is required to turn them into an object of desire.
Big thanks again to Richard, Michelle and the team.post #6735 of 76184/9/16 at 5:24am
I know that these aren't Tricker's, so a little off-topic, but I thought that you might all like to see what Richard and his team did for my Cheaney Mallorys. A less-popular sole these days, but very well deserving of a revival ... the ITSHIDE Golfer. Super comfortable and I am delighted with the result. Miles better on this boot, and much more interesting, than the original Dainite studded sole:
Thanks again, Richard.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 36 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pinky toe callus from dress shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NWT L.B.M.1911 Navy Donegal Wool Suits 36R 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...