I had those on my watch list, well done. They weren't my size but a friend has been interested in upgrading his shoe collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 4:45 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 9:21 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 445post #6661 of 73783/18/16 at 1:30pmpost #6662 of 73783/19/16 at 9:18am
I wouldn't worry too much about that stain. I've got some Sanders Cheltenhams and on the very first day I wore them my youngest dropped a sugary, fried German cake-thing on one, leaving a greasy stain. Water didn't remove it, and no shoe care product made any real difference. But with time, it went away on its own.
That was about 5 years ago, and since then those boots have become travel boots and have lived a really hard life. Once after filling a vehicle with diesel, the pump glugged (after removing the nozzle) and spewed a load of diesel on the same pair, another ugly stain, and this time massive. I considered chucking them away, but yet again, time took the stain away (and even the smell).
I've got some Trickers in the same colour as yours and wouldn't be happy with the stain either, I'd probably try and remove as much as possible with a few cycles of rubbing with a damp rag, then let time do its thing.post #6663 of 73783/21/16 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by wolfpacktime243
Hey guys, new member here hoping you can help me out. I bought a pair of Tricker's Bourton Brogues from End clothing last week and absolutely love them. Unfortunately, I'm stupid and managed to spill coffee at my desk today and some splashed onto the vamp of my left shoe. There's now a discoloration where the coffee splashed (looks like a slightly darker circle surrounded by a lighter colored ring). You can see a picture below - the point of the wingtip points right to what I am describing.
Can anyone give me some advice on how best to erase that mark? I'd appreciate any tips!
Its a real pain when you get a mark on a lighter coloured leather like Acorn. As others have said it should improve a lot with time and brushing. However, I have found that an application of saddle soap sometimes helps to remove this type of stain.post #6664 of 73783/21/16 at 12:52pm
For those of you who love the monkey boot the Tricker's outlet shop at Gloucester Quays has some boots in blue cordovan on a commando sole with a natural welt. Price is only £280 including the VAT which sounds like a hell of a good price if they are first quality but looks as if they only have UK sizes 6-8. Link below:
I just ordered some Bourtons in burnished burgundy calf from them.post #6665 of 73783/21/16 at 2:21pmpost #6666 of 73783/21/16 at 3:51pmpost #6667 of 73783/21/16 at 7:01pmpost #6668 of 73783/22/16 at 2:17pmI'm in the midst of debating on whether to get the Stow boots or the Bourton shoes. Sizing is making me nervous - I emailed Trickers directly, telling them my shoe size (usually US 11.5 - 12), and that I have a new pair of Grenson Archies, which are UK 10. The Trickers rep said he'd usually recommend the half size down, as you say, but felt that the Stow and Bourton were pretty well aligned with the Grenson Archies, so I would be safe going with a UK 10. I actually even have a bit of extra room in the shoes and could have gone with 9.5. The US/UK equivalency shoe size charts that I see are really all over the board. Zappos says that UK size 10 is US size 12. But other charts give it as US size 11. So confusing.post #6669 of 73783/22/16 at 2:45pmpost #6670 of 73783/22/16 at 3:24pmpost #6671 of 73783/22/16 at 3:57pmFor anyone interested - the vendor kindly agreed the Stows should be seconds and we struck a deal so I'm keeping them. A few coats of Sapphir and the leather is already taking on a nice glow. I find them comfortable and supportive out of the box and I love the unashamedly "country" last shape.
They're about to get a week of hard use in the Welsh countryside; let's set how they hold up.post #6672 of 73783/22/16 at 4:32pm
If it's any help, I've got Stows on 4497s last UK 7 1/2 and Logger boots on 4444 last size 7. Both fit well. The 4444 is a bit tighter for me, but certainly OK. I have Bourton 7 1/2 on 4444 and OK with a thick sock but I would go for a size 7 next time probably. I've also got some Ilkley's on a 4444 last and they are massive. Have to wear two socks.
I was measured on the Brannock in the Crockett & Jones store and they said I was an 8 but when I tried on some shoes there I ended up going with two pairs in 7 1/2, which have been a good comfortable fit.post #6673 of 73783/22/16 at 5:12pmpost #6674 of 73783/22/16 at 6:36pmHmm. Now I'm getting concerned about ordering a size 10, but I suppose I can always return them for a larger or smaller size, if the fit isn't right. Huge pain, though. I have a very wide foot, so the 4444 should be a good fit for me. The Grensons are fantastic for someone with my foot shape - VERY comfortable. I'm hoping that the Trickers will be just as good.post #6675 of 73783/22/16 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chapps
Hmm. Now I'm getting concerned about ordering a size 10, but I suppose I can always return them for a larger or smaller size, if the fit isn't right. Huge pain, though. I have a very wide foot, so the 4444 should be a good fit for me. The Grensons are fantastic for someone with my foot shape - VERY comfortable. I'm hoping that the Trickers will be just as good.
I think you'll be good sizing the same as the Grensons.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 11 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway