Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 440

post #6586 of 8008
According to this http://www.styleforum.net/t/241668/trickers-mto-forum-group-buy/1275#post_8335526
they're switching cordovan suppliers and massively raising prices.
post #6587 of 8008
I would guess they may be going with horween which would explain the price increase and color 8/black limitation.
post #6588 of 8008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

End is having sale on bunch of Trickers commando in range of sizes 345 usd + 12 shipping, snapped chestnut captoes.

 

Just wanted to say thanks for making us aware of the END sale.  I too got the chestnut captoes which are now one of my favourites in my entire shoe/boot collection!

 

Have yours arrived yet?  Pics!!

post #6589 of 8008
Monkey
post #6590 of 8008
My monkeys are in the mail and should be here Monday! bounce2.gif
post #6591 of 8008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

According to this http://www.styleforum.net/t/241668/trickers-mto-forum-group-buy/1275#post_8335526
they're switching cordovan suppliers and massively raising prices.

Well shit, that's taking away the uniqueness of Tricker's. They look so great in colors. Who gets excited about black shell?
post #6592 of 8008
^ i do!! I just dont wear them as often not when you can have navy or green

post #6593 of 8008
4497 last vs 81 last. 81 last is longer (slightly), same instep, 81 last is slightly narrow toe box









the green shell is the worst green shell ive seen in all my years of buying green shell. its dry and full of pockmarks. you can see the difference in the shine between the left and right shoes. i dont know whats the issue with their supplier but hopefully the new one means better quality. will probably cost more and have less color options unfortunately.

if you want trickers shell buy, buy, buy, because the colors arent like what they used to be
post #6594 of 8008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

This is such a shame dude, amazing boots. I heard from Richard today that the price of single MTO's has gone up significantly (£645), and that they only have black & burgundy available... indefinitely. I was hoping to get a chocolate cordovan Eaton on 4537 going with GMTO (£445). Brogued captoe and quarters, maybe with medallion too. Do Trickers often run out of cordovan color varieties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

these look superb with a greyish blue tint. tacco insole doesn't help?

makes no sense why they arent selling. im thinking of holding on to them and displaying them on a book shelf to enjoy years later. from all that ive gathered and heard, the exotic shell colors are all but extinct. someone of sense and taste needs to buy the navy shell @kwhitelaw does your pair fit?
post #6595 of 8008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

makes no sense why they arent selling. im thinking of holding on to them and displaying them on a book shelf to enjoy years later. from all that ive gathered and heard, the exotic shell colors are all but extinct.

Just hang onto them. Soon as they go extinct bootbros will pay double your asking.
post #6596 of 8008
^ genius, ill also sell them for $499 shipped today bounce2.gif

btw that cipresso boot up there was the cipresso gmto from 3-4 months ago. aka joker boot
post #6597 of 8008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

This is such a shame dude, amazing boots. I heard from Richard today that the price of single MTO's has gone up significantly (£645), and that they only have black & burgundy available... indefinitely. I was hoping to get a chocolate cordovan Eaton on 4537 going with GMTO (£445). Brogued captoe and quarters, maybe with medallion too. Do Trickers often run out of cordovan color varieties?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

these look superb with a greyish blue tint. tacco insole doesn't help?

makes no sense why they arent selling. im thinking of holding on to them and displaying them on a book shelf to enjoy years later. from all that ive gathered and heard, the exotic shell colors are all but extinct. someone of sense and taste needs to buy the navy shell @kwhitelaw does your pair fit?


not really, a little too big. Shame cause I think they are awesome, but alas, they're for sale

post #6598 of 8008
i recall you sizing uk to uk 11.5? what size did you get? i think they might fit @hoit1981 lets work something out
post #6599 of 8008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i recall you sizing uk to uk 11.5? what size did you get? i think they might fit @hoit1981 lets work something out

I think they might be a bit too small for me.
post #6600 of 8008

i'll have to check but I think I sized to uk12 on the navy pair, as my other pair of trickers were a little snug at 11.5 (different last tho)

 

I'll check when I get in front of them. letting them go for $400

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread