or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 435

post #6511 of 7378
3rd wearing of new boots. Pretty comfortable and should get better with each wear. Switched out the laces to leather. Looks a little more casual

post #6512 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post


DO YOU EVEN STYLEFORUM?

 

What does this mean, Meso?  

post #6513 of 7378
post #6514 of 7378
Navy cordovan Roy.
post #6515 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Navy cordovan Roy.

This is a really nice looking boot.
post #6516 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Navy cordovan Roy.

How did sizing work out for you on this?
post #6517 of 7378
I went same size as 4497.
post #6518 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I went same size as 4497.

Thanks! Trying to figure my sizing out for this, it seems like some people go down 1/2 from a Barrie and others go down a full size.

One last question - what denim is that? I really like the way they look with those boots!
post #6519 of 7378

My Stows have arrived!  Impressed so far.

 

I would like some advice on initial care of the brand new boots please.

 

With new shoes, I would usually start with a layer of conditioner (Lexol/Bick 4) and then some Saphir cream polish to give them some initial softening/protection before the first wear.  The leather on these Stows feels quite a lot thicker/stiffer somehow.

 

Should I do my usual polish/condition regieme on thesr boots, or shold they be treated differently?

 

Pic-

post #6520 of 7378
Sorry if this is off topic, but any plans to bring back the Combat Boot? I missed out on the black version. A burgundy version would be very tempting as well.
post #6521 of 7378
I pretty much just take them out of the box and wear them.
post #6522 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtubs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I went same size as 4497.

Thanks! Trying to figure my sizing out for this, it seems like some people go down 1/2 from a Barrie and others go down a full size.

One last question - what denim is that? I really like the way they look with those boots!

Jeans are Levis Made &Crafted.

I take US10.5 Barrie.
UK9.5 in 4497.
That size Barrie fits me relatively loose as compared to 4497.
post #6523 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtubs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I went same size as 4497.

Thanks! Trying to figure my sizing out for this, it seems like some people go down 1/2 from a Barrie and others go down a full size.

One last question - what denim is that? I really like the way they look with those boots!

Jeans are Levis Made &Crafted.

I take US10.5 Barrie.
UK9.5 in 4497.
That size Barrie fits me relatively loose as compared to 4497.

Thank you sir - much appreciated.
post #6524 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I pretty much just take them out of the box and wear them.

Yup, I have an established routine for my shoes but for my Stows and Maltons I'd only work on them if there's scratches or dirt. These things are tanks, they can take serious punishment. Last November I did a 3 week-long work trip in Asia with my Maltons and a pair of 1880 Loakes (for any meetings where I needed to wear a suit). The month before that the Maltons were the go-to shoe for my holiday in Europe. I think there's 2 scratches I can see, if I squint, apart from that just normal wear and tear on the soles. Mind, I walk a lot when I travel, the weather was pretty crappy for half of my trip and I also wore them when going drinking/clubbing (there were some messy nights). Absolute tanks.

post #6525 of 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishShoes View Post

My Stows have arrived!  Impressed so far.

I would like some advice on initial care of the brand new boots please.

With new shoes, I would usually start with a layer of conditioner (Lexol/Bick 4) and then some Saphir cream polish to give them some initial softening/protection before the first wear.  The leather on these Stows feels quite a lot thicker/stiffer somehow.

Should I do my usual polish/condition regieme on thesr boots, or shold they be treated differently?

Pic-

Just wear them. I've worn mine to muddy music festivals in Ireland for days. Don't get all precious with fancy products, the boots are well able for a bit of abuse. The odd polish and they'll be fine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread