Been using Saphir in marron clair and that works for me
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 8:50 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 7/1/15 at 10:54pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 307
Styleforum Top Picks
C'mon man, how do you let a pesky little detail like "have something very similar" stop you? How do you expect to fill your spare bedroom with shoes?
He has a point, Ryden.
Some folks will polish after every wear, some every couple of weeks, some every couple of months, some will never polish only condition. You just have to find the regimen that works for you.
Edited by milw50717 - 6/26/14 at 2:50pm
Renovateur and mink oil ?
Mink oil is considered to be a conditioner. Saphir renovateur is mink oil based and is a cleaner and conditioner. So, go easy with the separate mink oil if you use the renovateur.
You would typically clean, condition and then polish your boots. Use a cloth/brush to get off all dirt and dust, then use the renovateur and finally the bordeaux polish. If the leather doesn't look dry then you can skip the renavateur.
Edited by milw50717 - 6/26/14 at 3:16pm
I've got that lollipop boot from The Bureau and it's one of my favorites - wear it all the time. The other two are fantastic. Good job going overboard! Richard told me recently that Horween is not doing lollipop cavalier any longer, so it's good to scoop one up while they're still around.
If that is Horween lollipop cavalier leather, then it doesn't take polish that well, as it's a variation of chromexcel. Nick Horween told me once not to use neats/mink on this version of chromexcel. He suggested renovateur or venetian cream. I use reno + a very very rare application of saphir cream polish in hermes red if i ever need to add a little color in.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › B.Nelson does a great job 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...