Been using Saphir in marron clair and that works for me
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 10:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 12:35 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 307
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4592 of 57946/25/14 at 5:21pmpost #4593 of 57946/25/14 at 5:23pmpost #4594 of 57946/25/14 at 5:24pmpost #4595 of 57946/25/14 at 5:29pmpost #4596 of 57946/25/14 at 5:32pmQuote:
C'mon man, how do you let a pesky little detail like "have something very similar" stop you? How do you expect to fill your spare bedroom with shoes?post #4597 of 57946/25/14 at 5:42pmQuote:Quote:
He has a point, Ryden.post #4598 of 57946/25/14 at 5:53pmpost #4599 of 57946/25/14 at 6:59pmpost #4600 of 57946/26/14 at 11:54ampost #4601 of 57946/26/14 at 12:25pmIf you scuff them, feel they need a polish or they look a bit dry and shabby. There is no strict rule as to how frequently you should polish footwear and it will also depend on what sort of a finish you want on your boots.
Some folks will polish after every wear, some every couple of weeks, some every couple of months, some will never polish only condition. You just have to find the regimen that works for you.
Edited by milw50717 - 6/26/14 at 2:50pmpost #4602 of 57946/26/14 at 2:17pmpost #4603 of 57946/26/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Renovateur and mink oil ?
Mink oil is considered to be a conditioner. Saphir renovateur is mink oil based and is a cleaner and conditioner. So, go easy with the separate mink oil if you use the renovateur.
You would typically clean, condition and then polish your boots. Use a cloth/brush to get off all dirt and dust, then use the renovateur and finally the bordeaux polish. If the leather doesn't look dry then you can skip the renavateur.
Edited by milw50717 - 6/26/14 at 3:16pmpost #4604 of 57947/3/14 at 7:48amQuote:
I've got that lollipop boot from The Bureau and it's one of my favorites - wear it all the time. The other two are fantastic. Good job going overboard! Richard told me recently that Horween is not doing lollipop cavalier any longer, so it's good to scoop one up while they're still around.post #4605 of 57947/3/14 at 8:08amQuote:
If that is Horween lollipop cavalier leather, then it doesn't take polish that well, as it's a variation of chromexcel. Nick Horween told me once not to use neats/mink on this version of chromexcel. He suggested renovateur or venetian cream. I use reno + a very very rare application of saphir cream polish in hermes red if i ever need to add a little color in.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Aero J107 Brown Steerhide sz38 20 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › 3 new Suitsupply Lazio suits 38S 2 3pc and 1 2pc 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › StyleForum Searches eBay For You! - Week of August 2 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Phillip II 10.5UK BNIB Paris Brown 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...