Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 10:45 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:20pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 300post #4486 of 57914/30/14 at 5:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4487 of 57915/1/14 at 8:17ampost #4488 of 57915/1/14 at 8:22ampost #4489 of 57915/5/14 at 1:18pmpost #4490 of 57915/5/14 at 6:14pmpost #4491 of 57915/6/14 at 4:34pm
Anyone have any interest in getting an order for a Robert Derby going? I'm thinking Antique Marron with a dainite sole. It's on the W2298 last, similar to Alden's barrie last, but a little more shapely. Something like this:
But with a dainite sole. Thoughts?post #4492 of 57915/7/14 at 10:26ampost #4493 of 57915/7/14 at 11:01am
Some people can, I personally find for a good fit with thin socks, an additional 0.5 size down is required. I ordered a pair of Robert derbies once and went with my Barrie size (8). I found them too roomy with thin socks, so I think 7.5 would be a good fit for me. So for you, I would guess you need a 7. Someone else feel free to chime in though.post #4494 of 57915/7/14 at 11:16am
Im not familiar with the W2298 last, but I can say this, most of the common Trickers Last's 4497 for example Fitting 5, are wider than the Barrie. Although I didnt find it any longer per say.
So it poses a perdicament with Trickers. Either special order a lower width or know that they will fit wider than Alden.
I cannot really speak to vary many other brands other than possibly Wolverine or Viberg.
*Just wanted to add this, I think 4497 is more like a Trubalance in Alden.*post #4495 of 57915/7/14 at 11:23ampost #4496 of 57915/7/14 at 11:47amThat heel is super thick already. Can we make it with Dainite but thinner than the example posted?
This level of sole thickness (with red Dainite, of course) would be perfect.
Edited by sacafotos - 5/7/14 at 2:46pmpost #4497 of 57915/7/14 at 2:52pmpost #4498 of 57915/7/14 at 3:15pmpost #4499 of 57915/7/14 at 5:04pmpost #4500 of 57915/7/14 at 6:16pm
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 seconds ago
- › G&G DG70 lasted Shoe trees in 11UK - new 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Long Sleeved Henley Shirts (Size S and L), Cortina Tan,... 7 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...