Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 2:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 2/6/16 at 2:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 300post #4486 of 64834/30/14 at 5:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4487 of 64835/1/14 at 8:17ampost #4488 of 64835/1/14 at 8:22ampost #4489 of 64835/5/14 at 1:18pmpost #4490 of 64835/5/14 at 6:14pmpost #4491 of 64835/6/14 at 4:34pm
Anyone have any interest in getting an order for a Robert Derby going? I'm thinking Antique Marron with a dainite sole. It's on the W2298 last, similar to Alden's barrie last, but a little more shapely. Something like this:
But with a dainite sole. Thoughts?post #4492 of 64835/7/14 at 10:26ampost #4493 of 64835/7/14 at 11:01am
Some people can, I personally find for a good fit with thin socks, an additional 0.5 size down is required. I ordered a pair of Robert derbies once and went with my Barrie size (8). I found them too roomy with thin socks, so I think 7.5 would be a good fit for me. So for you, I would guess you need a 7. Someone else feel free to chime in though.post #4494 of 64835/7/14 at 11:16am
Im not familiar with the W2298 last, but I can say this, most of the common Trickers Last's 4497 for example Fitting 5, are wider than the Barrie. Although I didnt find it any longer per say.
So it poses a perdicament with Trickers. Either special order a lower width or know that they will fit wider than Alden.
I cannot really speak to vary many other brands other than possibly Wolverine or Viberg.
*Just wanted to add this, I think 4497 is more like a Trubalance in Alden.*post #4495 of 64835/7/14 at 11:23ampost #4496 of 64835/7/14 at 11:47amThat heel is super thick already. Can we make it with Dainite but thinner than the example posted?
This level of sole thickness (with red Dainite, of course) would be perfect.
Edited by sacafotos - 5/7/14 at 2:46pmpost #4497 of 64835/7/14 at 2:52pmpost #4498 of 64835/7/14 at 3:15pmpost #4499 of 64835/7/14 at 5:04pmpost #4500 of 64835/7/14 at 6:16pm
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...