Nice sale finds
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: Yesterday
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 275post #4111 of 65081/13/14 at 9:08am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4112 of 65081/13/14 at 11:12ampost #4113 of 65081/13/14 at 12:28pmpost #4114 of 65081/13/14 at 5:33pmpost #4115 of 65081/13/14 at 6:01pmpost #4116 of 65081/13/14 at 6:44pmpost #4117 of 65081/13/14 at 7:14pmpost #4118 of 65081/13/14 at 7:24pmpost #4119 of 65081/13/14 at 7:28pmThe Comipel cordovan Tricker's uses is thinner than the Horween. It doesn't seem to get the same kind of big wavy ripples with wear the way Horween does. It's almost calf-like. But it's nice enough. As you may be able to tell, I have enough shoes that I don't get a whole lot of wear on any pair but the one other pair of Tricker's cordovan I have are holding up nicely. They're a couple years old now.
I'm willing to pay the premium price for Tricker's cordovan if it's a style I really like but it's not a no-brainer like it would be with Alden.
Besides, where else are you going to get orange cordovan boots?post #4120 of 65081/13/14 at 7:32pmQuote:
By "these" I assume you mean Tricker's.
Leather Soul in Honolulu and Beverly Hills.
Grahame Fowler in NYC.
I think Jack Straw in Seattle carries (or has carried) a few models.post #4121 of 65081/13/14 at 7:40pmpost #4122 of 65081/13/14 at 7:50pmpost #4123 of 65081/13/14 at 8:16pmpost #4124 of 65081/14/14 at 2:01pm
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Currently, there are 940 Active Users (123 Members and 817 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 32 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 32 minutes ago
- › Edward Green (UK6 1/2E) Westminster 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?