or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 272

post #4066 of 4837

Quick camera work - well done!

post #4067 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

81 and 2298 are pretty similar fit.


Thanks - that's useful info.

post #4068 of 4837
post #4069 of 4837

^very cool

post #4070 of 4837

DHL showed up early yesterday morning with a package from ShoeHealer.

I must say the Eaton's more comfortable than the stows with a bit more room

on the toe box.

 

I slapped some Saphir burgundy creme to give them a reddish tint.

 

 


Edited by rainbowgrease - 1/4/14 at 5:29pm
post #4071 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgrease View Post

DHL showed up early yesterday morning with a package from ShoeHealer.
I must say the Eaton's a bit more comfortable than the stow with a bit more room
on the toe box.

I slapped some Saphir burgundy creme to give them a reddish tint.




Very nice congratulations.
post #4072 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquin View Post
 

I heard that if group ordering MTO - the price would be around 445gbp per pair, Excluding Vat.

With normal VAT, it would be around 530gbp.

 

For a single order, I think it's around 700-720gbp.

 

(Shipment is free)

 

I'll probably do a single order via a store in Sweden instead. I got a bit cheaper price (equiv. 655 gbp) , and I'll probably get it faster...

 

I was thinking of a Stow with a dainite sole, but this MTO so would be interested in this.

post #4073 of 4837

^

|

That is the Tricker's STow in Teak Cordovan 

post #4074 of 4837

Hey all, I just received my MTO books from Richard at Shoe Healer.  They are beauts (some images attached) and I was curious what I should use to treat/protect them from watermarks w/o changing the color of them.  The are Acorn Antique leather.  I don't plan on wearing them in the rain or snow but you never know when you might spill some liquid on them.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

 

 

post #4075 of 4837
Just thought I'd contribute to the never-ending sizing discussion.

Bowood in 4444 UK8.5 which I've owned for a while and fits like a glove.
Allan in 4497 UK9 that just got in from The Bureau.

Sized up on the 4497 and it was a mistake. While I'll keep the boot since it'll be perfect with thick wool socks for the winter, I think I should've stayed on an 8.5. This is definitely big. At least in the case of the Allan, the 4497 is definitely as generous as the 4444 in my experience.

post #4076 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post
 

Hey all, I just received my MTO books from Richard at Shoe Healer.  They are beauts (some images attached) and I was curious what I should use to treat/protect them from watermarks w/o changing the color of them.  The are Acorn Antique leather.  I don't plan on wearing them in the rain or snow but you never know when you might spill some liquid on them.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

 

 

 

I suggest a neutral creme and wax to protect them from rain and what not, if you are looking to keep the color try a lighter shade creme, I believe Saphir makes a 'Tan' color, I find the light brown creme darkens the Acorn color a bit. If you do go with light brown or a tan creme apply it to the boot tongue first to see the results.

 

Just a quick question, how do these fit?


Edited by rainbowgrease - 1/7/14 at 12:09pm
post #4077 of 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by prurient View Post

Just thought I'd contribute to the never-ending sizing discussion.

Bowood in 4444 UK8.5 which I've owned for a while and fits like a glove.
Allan in 4497 UK9 that just got in from The Bureau.

Sized up on the 4497 and it was a mistake. While I'll keep the boot since it'll be perfect with thick wool socks for the winter, I think I should've stayed on an 8.5. This is definitely big. At least in the case of the Allan, the 4497 is definitely as generous as the 4444 in my experience.

Folks say that 4444 is more generous than 4497 and even Tricker's recommends a full size down on the 4444 last. 

I own 2 pairs in 6UK on the 4497 last and the fit is flawless. I am wondering if 5.5UK on 4444 would be rather small. 

Just out of curiosity, have you measured your feet in centimeters? I happen to order my first pair of Tricker's in 6.5UK and it 

was a huge mistake. I took the good old measuring tape and got accurate sizing down.

http://www.trickers.com/sizing.htm

post #4078 of 4837

Hey I'll add to the confusion!

 

I go half a size up in the 4497s from the 4444, but with a super thin leather insole from Pedag. Yeah.

post #4079 of 4837
Additional confusion: I wear an 8UK in the 4497. I've tried both an 8 and a 7.5 in the 4444, and neither one fits.
post #4080 of 4837

I GIVE UP!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread