Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 2:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 2:41 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 261
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3902 of 648010/28/13 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xancatrius
Hi guys I just got a pair of Espresso Burnished Burford Super Boots, and would like to polish them but would like to maintain the color. I'm afraid Saphir Renovateur would strip the color off and dark brown creme would just recolor them.
Would like you guys opinions on how to polish the boot and still maintain the color. Which product/color should be used?
My pair of espressos came with a tin of Tricker's dark brown which is just rebranded Saphir.
Saphir reno isn't going to strip the color.
You really only need to worry about removing the burnishing when it's something like the Coffee burnished where they use some black over the lighter brown. But it's also easy enough to put it back on with some black polish.post #3903 of 648010/28/13 at 7:40pmhttp://www.yoox.com/us/44518260IS/item?dept=#sts=orders80&cod10=44518260QV&sizeId=10
Got this pair to see if it was cordovan (black / cipresso version) and it is, so this pair probably is shell as wellpost #3904 of 648010/29/13 at 10:27ampost #3905 of 648010/29/13 at 11:31ampost #3906 of 648010/30/13 at 4:42pmpost #3907 of 648010/30/13 at 5:34pmpost #3908 of 648010/30/13 at 7:47pmI have been following this this for a few weeks now and have enjoyed the pictures and information on the various Trickers models. I haven't put my hands on a Trickers boot or shoe yet so I am looking for some comparison info. I am interested in a boot with the Commando sole. I have tried on an Alden with the commando sole and am looking for a comparison to the Trickers boot. From what I read on one of the early pages (around 200 I think) the commando on the Trickers is thicker than Alden and maybe a little more stiff. I am looking for what is the overall more comfortable boot to walk on all day long Trickers Stow on commando versus and Alden commando boot. Anyone have both and have an overall comfort level to share.
thanks in advance
Duck OBpost #3909 of 648010/30/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by DuckOB
I have been following this this for a few weeks now and have enjoyed the pictures and information on the various Trickers models. I haven't put my hands on a Trickers boot or shoe yet so I am looking for some comparison info. I am interested in a boot with the Commando sole. I have tried on an Alden with the commando sole and am looking for a comparison to the Trickers boot. From what I read on one of the early pages (around 200 I think) the commando on the Trickers is thicker than Alden and maybe a little more stiff. I am looking for what is the overall more comfortable boot to walk on all day long Trickers Stow on commando versus and Alden commando boot. Anyone have both and have an overall comfort level to share.
thanks in advance
In general the Tricker's are a bit stiffer when new and maybe a little heavier than Aldens. They might take a little longer to break in.
Comfort is so subjective it's really going to depend on your feet.
Neither one is more comfortable than the other.post #3910 of 648010/31/13 at 10:21pmpost #3911 of 648010/31/13 at 11:09pmpost #3912 of 648011/1/13 at 3:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Rob7333
MTO in Teck Cordovan on a Red dainite sole. See full spec below and a quick/rough image mock up. I need to get 5 more .
PM me if you are interested, I plan to put the order in hopefully as a group MTO before November.
Style: Stow boot
Tricker's Stow Model
Colour: Teck Cordovan
Sole: Red dainite sole
Welt: Natural Welt
Lining: Calf leather
Pull tab: Red
Binding: Dark brown
Eyelets: Brass eyelets
Lace: Heavy wax cotton in brown
Think something like this.
Great initiative! Love the look and would have been thrilled to join but sadly not enough funds
I hope you go through with it and I definately want to see the result here!post #3913 of 648011/1/13 at 5:23ampost #3914 of 648011/1/13 at 10:37am
I'm trying to put together a group MTO for the exact shoe in the above pic with the exception of brass eyelets. So far, we have about 3 interested parties. Please let me know if you'd like to be part of this MTO -
Thanks!post #3915 of 648011/2/13 at 5:27am
Here an update on this MTO -Last, 4497s.Fitting, 5.Colour, Teak Cordovan.Lining Colour, ??Eyelets, Brass Eyelets.Laces, Tan Waxed Cord Laces.Welt, Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.Sole, Double Leather Sole.We only need one (1) more to get this MTO started! Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 9 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Shirt fit on suit when leaving collar unbuttoned 21 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 27 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...