Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 4:49 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 261post #3901 of 777310/28/13 at 4:42pmpost #3902 of 777310/28/13 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xancatrius
Hi guys I just got a pair of Espresso Burnished Burford Super Boots, and would like to polish them but would like to maintain the color. I'm afraid Saphir Renovateur would strip the color off and dark brown creme would just recolor them.
Would like you guys opinions on how to polish the boot and still maintain the color. Which product/color should be used?
My pair of espressos came with a tin of Tricker's dark brown which is just rebranded Saphir.
Saphir reno isn't going to strip the color.
You really only need to worry about removing the burnishing when it's something like the Coffee burnished where they use some black over the lighter brown. But it's also easy enough to put it back on with some black polish.post #3903 of 777310/28/13 at 7:40pmpost #3904 of 777310/29/13 at 10:27ampost #3905 of 777310/29/13 at 11:31ampost #3906 of 777310/30/13 at 4:42pmpost #3907 of 777310/30/13 at 5:34pmpost #3908 of 777310/30/13 at 7:47pmI have been following this this for a few weeks now and have enjoyed the pictures and information on the various Trickers models. I haven't put my hands on a Trickers boot or shoe yet so I am looking for some comparison info. I am interested in a boot with the Commando sole. I have tried on an Alden with the commando sole and am looking for a comparison to the Trickers boot. From what I read on one of the early pages (around 200 I think) the commando on the Trickers is thicker than Alden and maybe a little more stiff. I am looking for what is the overall more comfortable boot to walk on all day long Trickers Stow on commando versus and Alden commando boot. Anyone have both and have an overall comfort level to share.
thanks in advance
Duck OBpost #3909 of 777310/30/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by DuckOB
I have been following this this for a few weeks now and have enjoyed the pictures and information on the various Trickers models. I haven't put my hands on a Trickers boot or shoe yet so I am looking for some comparison info. I am interested in a boot with the Commando sole. I have tried on an Alden with the commando sole and am looking for a comparison to the Trickers boot. From what I read on one of the early pages (around 200 I think) the commando on the Trickers is thicker than Alden and maybe a little more stiff. I am looking for what is the overall more comfortable boot to walk on all day long Trickers Stow on commando versus and Alden commando boot. Anyone have both and have an overall comfort level to share.
thanks in advance
In general the Tricker's are a bit stiffer when new and maybe a little heavier than Aldens. They might take a little longer to break in.
Comfort is so subjective it's really going to depend on your feet.
Neither one is more comfortable than the other.post #3910 of 777310/31/13 at 10:21pmpost #3911 of 777310/31/13 at 11:09pmpost #3912 of 777311/1/13 at 3:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Rob7333
MTO in Teck Cordovan on a Red dainite sole. See full spec below and a quick/rough image mock up. I need to get 5 more .
PM me if you are interested, I plan to put the order in hopefully as a group MTO before November.
Style: Stow boot
Tricker's Stow Model
Colour: Teck Cordovan
Sole: Red dainite sole
Welt: Natural Welt
Lining: Calf leather
Pull tab: Red
Binding: Dark brown
Eyelets: Brass eyelets
Lace: Heavy wax cotton in brown
Think something like this.
Great initiative! Love the look and would have been thrilled to join but sadly not enough funds
I hope you go through with it and I definately want to see the result here!post #3913 of 777311/1/13 at 5:23ampost #3914 of 777311/1/13 at 10:37am
I'm trying to put together a group MTO for the exact shoe in the above pic with the exception of brass eyelets. So far, we have about 3 interested parties. Please let me know if you'd like to be part of this MTO -
Thanks!post #3915 of 777311/2/13 at 5:27am
Here an update on this MTO -Last, 4497s.Fitting, 5.Colour, Teak Cordovan.Lining Colour, ??Eyelets, Brass Eyelets.Laces, Tan Waxed Cord Laces.Welt, Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.Sole, Double Leather Sole.We only need one (1) more to get this MTO started! Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Bespoke Shoes Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 8 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway