Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 1:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 2:41 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 242
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3617 of 64737/7/13 at 7:32ampost #3618 of 64737/7/13 at 7:44am
You are welcome to make a suggestion as to something as opposed to just being negative about my selection. I am open to other options and if there is enough interest we can discuss it. Otherwise I wil just move forward with my own MTOpost #3619 of 64737/7/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
I would be more into a leather solepost #3620 of 64737/7/13 at 5:12pmQuote:
meant no ill will, just was commenting on that if your makeup was liked enough by the shop owner to be willing to fill a couple slots himself for the MTO, it would not make much sense to try and alter the sole on my part.
that being said, I'd take the boot pictured with a leather sole.post #3621 of 64737/7/13 at 9:06pmPediwear is having its own Summer sale, for Tricker's
£35 Off These styles from Trickers: Stow, Burford, Keswick and Bourton
We are offering up to £35 off the following products - just enter "cashshoe" in the discount promotion box when checking out.
Please note that this offer is not valid with any other offer or on sale items. Any free gifts will be removed from the basket before checkout. If you wish to order non promotional items which are eligible for free gifts or shoe club discount please make a separate order.post #3622 of 64737/10/13 at 3:33ampost #3623 of 64737/15/13 at 10:32pmpost #3624 of 64737/16/13 at 7:57amQuote:
Pediwear is having a sale on Trickers right now, or you can buy from Trickers factory 2nds store on eBay. And there is not much point on the price if its not your size.post #3625 of 64737/16/13 at 8:12amQuote:
Keep in mind that richard and shoehealer are willing to swap out soles on shoes at a small cost in their shop, so you can have your cake and eat it too! Richard is highly accommodating in what he offers, and offers great prices on extraspost #3626 of 64737/16/13 at 8:16amQuote:
I couldn't tell you exactly - I have two pairs of 8uk tricker boots in the 4497. I also have a pair of 8.5d Barrie chukkas and 9d Barrie tankers. The 8uk 4497 are wider than these and are considered a width '5' in the uk system. I think in the MTO program you can go to a width 6, which I think would be enough in a uk8. But Richard at shoe healer will be able to give you good advice, especially if you can give him exact measurements/brannock sizingpost #3627 of 64737/16/13 at 10:00amQuote:
BTW, I don't believe that Tricker's allow width variations on their bulk MTOs.
So if you wanted in, you'd need to get 4497 in a fitting 5 ("normal" width).
This is speculation on my part, but I'd guess that a EEE on Trubalance is going to translate to a fitting 6.post #3628 of 64737/16/13 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by wombus
I couldn't tell you exactly - I have two pairs of 8uk tricker boots in the 4497. I also have a pair of 8.5d Barrie chukkas and 9d Barrie tankers. The 8uk 4497 are wider than these and are considered a width '5' in the uk system. I think in the MTO program you can go to a width 6, which I think would be enough in a uk8. But Richard at shoe healer will be able to give you good advice, especially if you can give him exact measurements/brannock sizingQuote:
I have spoken to Richard and there is still a bit of uncertainty and with the hassle of dealing with oversea returns, I am still waiting for a chance to head up to a retailer (probably NYC).
Thank you for the suggestions.post #3629 of 64737/16/13 at 5:01pmpost #3630 of 64737/16/13 at 5:22pmQuote:
They fit pretty much the same.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Seiko SKX007 Dive Watch With 7 NATO Straps - Like New 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buzz Ricksons navy USN N1 Deck Jacket 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...