That is good info, thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 3:48 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 11:05 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 237post #3541 of 57916/17/13 at 1:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3542 of 57916/17/13 at 2:08pmpost #3543 of 57916/17/13 at 2:21pmpost #3544 of 57916/17/13 at 3:38pmI am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?post #3545 of 57916/17/13 at 3:45pmpost #3546 of 57916/17/13 at 3:47pmpost #3547 of 57916/18/13 at 7:02ampost #3548 of 57916/18/13 at 7:02ampost #3549 of 57916/19/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
I'm definitely interested in discounted shipping! I'm actually looking to purchase a pair of acorn Stows, but I'm conflicted with the color choices for the welt. The color of the storm welt is a bit putrid and the natural doesn't look right against the acorn. I'll probably go with the natural to color the welt to my liking. Has anybody attempted this?post #3550 of 57916/22/13 at 7:58ampost #3551 of 57916/22/13 at 10:57amQuote:Here is what your natural welt could look like after 1 year and a half (the boots are worn once a week, twice maximum).Originally Posted by wurger
I am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?post #3552 of 57916/22/13 at 1:13pmpost #3553 of 57916/22/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Custom_Made_Tricker_s_Gallery/Tricker_s_Eaton_Coffee_Burnished_Calf_L4497s_2344.htmlpost #3554 of 57916/22/13 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by duckyQuote:Here is what your natural welt could look like after 1 year and a half (the boots are worn once a week, twice maximum).Originally Posted by wurger
I am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thank you for the answers and photo, I decided to purchase a pair of acorn Keswick commando in fitting 5 from the Burea Belfast, will post photos when I receive them.
https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/759/commando-acorn-antique-keswick-broguepost #3555 of 57916/22/13 at 6:50pmI also have 2 pairs of Tricker's benchgrade from the 1829 line, Regent and Kensington, they fit me very well, like the 724 last from Alfred Sargent. Though as not elegant, they feel tough and sturdy, and they are my go to shoes if I have to walk a bit in a day in rough areas.
However, I must be unlucky, as their finishing touches are rather poor, the interior lining edges are really rough, so had to use black polish to cover it up, and the welt isn't stuck on properly to the sole!
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 17 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › NIB Ralph Lauren Kendrick 9E Navy Suede Chukka 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Bespoke/MTM Premium T Shirt 18 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 19 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 25 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...