That is good info, thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 2/6/16 at 2:41pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 237post #3541 of 64856/17/13 at 1:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3542 of 64856/17/13 at 2:08pmpost #3543 of 64856/17/13 at 2:21pmpost #3544 of 64856/17/13 at 3:38pmI am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?post #3545 of 64856/17/13 at 3:45pmpost #3546 of 64856/17/13 at 3:47pmpost #3547 of 64856/18/13 at 7:02ampost #3548 of 64856/18/13 at 7:02ampost #3549 of 64856/19/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
I'm definitely interested in discounted shipping! I'm actually looking to purchase a pair of acorn Stows, but I'm conflicted with the color choices for the welt. The color of the storm welt is a bit putrid and the natural doesn't look right against the acorn. I'll probably go with the natural to color the welt to my liking. Has anybody attempted this?post #3550 of 64856/22/13 at 7:58ampost #3551 of 64856/22/13 at 10:57amQuote:Here is what your natural welt could look like after 1 year and a half (the boots are worn once a week, twice maximum).Originally Posted by wurger
I am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?post #3552 of 64856/22/13 at 1:13pmpost #3553 of 64856/22/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Custom_Made_Tricker_s_Gallery/Tricker_s_Eaton_Coffee_Burnished_Calf_L4497s_2344.htmlpost #3554 of 64856/22/13 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by duckyQuote:Here is what your natural welt could look like after 1 year and a half (the boots are worn once a week, twice maximum).Originally Posted by wurger
I am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thank you for the answers and photo, I decided to purchase a pair of acorn Keswick commando in fitting 5 from the Burea Belfast, will post photos when I receive them.
https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/759/commando-acorn-antique-keswick-broguepost #3555 of 64856/22/13 at 6:50pmI also have 2 pairs of Tricker's benchgrade from the 1829 line, Regent and Kensington, they fit me very well, like the 724 last from Alfred Sargent. Though as not elegant, they feel tough and sturdy, and they are my go to shoes if I have to walk a bit in a day in rough areas.
However, I must be unlucky, as their finishing touches are rather poor, the interior lining edges are really rough, so had to use black polish to cover it up, and the welt isn't stuck on properly to the sole!
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 6 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 7 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...