That is good info, thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 12:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 1:10 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 237post #3541 of 64646/17/13 at 1:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3542 of 64646/17/13 at 2:08pmpost #3543 of 64646/17/13 at 2:21pmpost #3544 of 64646/17/13 at 3:38pmI am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?post #3545 of 64646/17/13 at 3:45pmpost #3546 of 64646/17/13 at 3:47pmpost #3547 of 64646/18/13 at 7:02ampost #3548 of 64646/18/13 at 7:02ampost #3549 of 64646/19/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
I'm definitely interested in discounted shipping! I'm actually looking to purchase a pair of acorn Stows, but I'm conflicted with the color choices for the welt. The color of the storm welt is a bit putrid and the natural doesn't look right against the acorn. I'll probably go with the natural to color the welt to my liking. Has anybody attempted this?post #3550 of 64646/22/13 at 7:58ampost #3551 of 64646/22/13 at 10:57amQuote:Here is what your natural welt could look like after 1 year and a half (the boots are worn once a week, twice maximum).Originally Posted by wurger
I am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?post #3552 of 64646/22/13 at 1:13pmpost #3553 of 64646/22/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Custom_Made_Tricker_s_Gallery/Tricker_s_Eaton_Coffee_Burnished_Calf_L4497s_2344.htmlpost #3554 of 64646/22/13 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by duckyQuote:Here is what your natural welt could look like after 1 year and a half (the boots are worn once a week, twice maximum).Originally Posted by wurger
I am quite interested in getting a pair with a natural welt as it provides a nice contrast and modern look. But how does it stand up to weather and scuffs? Would it be hard to touch up dark patches and scuff marks, since polish and conditioning may darken it? And lose the striking contrast look?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thank you for the answers and photo, I decided to purchase a pair of acorn Keswick commando in fitting 5 from the Burea Belfast, will post photos when I receive them.
https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/759/commando-acorn-antique-keswick-broguepost #3555 of 64646/22/13 at 6:50pmI also have 2 pairs of Tricker's benchgrade from the 1829 line, Regent and Kensington, they fit me very well, like the 724 last from Alfred Sargent. Though as not elegant, they feel tough and sturdy, and they are my go to shoes if I have to walk a bit in a day in rough areas.
However, I must be unlucky, as their finishing touches are rather poor, the interior lining edges are really rough, so had to use black polish to cover it up, and the welt isn't stuck on properly to the sole!
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 22 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 21 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 26 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 28 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...