Upper case MAY20.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 9/20/16 at 10:07pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 233post #3482 of 71805/11/13 at 3:18pmpost #3483 of 71805/12/13 at 7:20am
Great boots, I'm gonna have to grab a pair soon.
These are my latest addition to the collection, another vintage pair, this time a high leg gorse calf brogue boot with nine pairs of eyelets instead of the usual seven found these days:post #3484 of 71805/12/13 at 6:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by charlesgoodyear
With no luck you can get the 10/10 at sale. Problem is Tricker's factory price is a standard sales prices everywhere twice a year.
Take a look at this shoe as an example, left shoe - or on the picture right shoe. No-one wants to pay GBP 265.00 for this. Why even bother standardizing prices on seconds this close to full retail?
Totally understand if you live in the UK and can get to the Tricker's stores for sales. For those of us in the US, Retrickers is a pretty good deal. And as said, the special makeups are fun.
For what it's worth, I've purchased twice and cannot find the defect on one pair. On the other, they told me that they didn't like how the finishing turned out, but I think it is fine, and it polished over no problem.post #3485 of 71805/13/13 at 1:31pmpost #3486 of 71805/26/13 at 6:41pm
Looking to purchase my first pair of Trickers and have some basic questions. I'm looking for a plain derby and was wondering what the difference is between the Kendal and Woodstock? I normally wear a size 10 in most of my running shoes i.e. New Balance, Asics, etc. and 10 in Allen Edmonds; 10 is my Brannock size. Unfortunately the shoe is not available in my city and i'll have to order online - would i need a 9 or 9.5 UK? Thanks for your help.post #3487 of 71805/26/13 at 7:03pmpost #3488 of 71805/27/13 at 11:06ampost #3489 of 71805/27/13 at 1:10pmpost #3490 of 71805/30/13 at 9:51pm
Dear SF members,
I have been reading this forum with great interest and am looking to purchase some Tricker's boots. But, before I do, I was wondering if you guys could please give me some info. I would like to know how much do the leather boots stretch, as well as the suede? If any of the members could please give me some info, I will greatly appreciate it.
Ryan.post #3491 of 71805/30/13 at 11:08pmpost #3492 of 71805/31/13 at 12:12ampost #3493 of 71805/31/13 at 9:00ampost #3494 of 71805/31/13 at 4:16pm
Recently purchased my first Trickers, a pair of Kendals. Really like the thick double sole, feel like I can go to battle with these shoes. However, aesthetically i think I like the look of a natural sole/welt. Has anyone sanded off the painted colour off their soles to arrive at a more natural look? Is it something i should consider doing myself? Thanks for your help.post #3495 of 71805/31/13 at 4:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mazzasan
Recently purchased my first Trickers, a pair of Kendals. Really like the thick double sole, feel like I can go to battle with these shoes. However, aesthetically i think I like the look of a natural sole/welt. Has anyone sanded off the painted colour off their soles to arrive at a more natural look? Is it something i should consider doing myself? Thanks for your help.
Only if you're able to 'seal' it after sanding it down. I think they use some kind of wax to do this, and not just wax polish...
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 29 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 32 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 33 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...