Those are Teck cordovan.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 1:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 10:18 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 223post #3332 of 71062/22/13 at 5:44ampost #3333 of 71062/22/13 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by seer
First, like I mentioned I purchased a pair of Grasmere boot. I had Shoe Healer put on micro soles. Rich and the Michelle are a pleasure to deal with - as you all know. I never had the 4497 last before and when I tried them on the were quite tight across the instep. So much so that I put them up for sale on eBay. There were no takers. So I said the heck with it - I used a heavy pair of wool socks and did a 4 mile hike in 5 inches of fresh snow. Then I shoveled for a couple of hours. The boots broke in great! They are quite light and became extremely comfortable . And the leather is near impervious to water and snow (though there is a coat of Filson boot oil on them). The micro sole worked great in snow - better than my Dainite soles and they don’t track in snow like lug soles. I am so glad that no one bought them when I had them up for bid. A superior boot! I think we will be friends for a long time....
BTW - I have a pair of Trickers Burtons, Expresso color, UK9 double leather soles with box and bags with less that 30 wears. If any one is interested.Yup, I was eyeballing your boots the whole time they were for sale, but despite my best attempts, I couldn't use mind power to bump the size up by a half.How does the 4497 sizing compare to your US size in boots when wearing those thick socks? I have a pair of 'not stows' from STP in 10UK, and they are comfortable but with enough wiggle room that I think maybe the slightly larger last of the 4497 could knock me to a 9.5UK. Normally I take a 10.5 in boots (hiking, etc) that take a thick sock. Any suggestions?post #3334 of 71062/23/13 at 10:10ampost #3335 of 71062/23/13 at 10:55ampost #3336 of 71062/23/13 at 2:22pmpost #3337 of 71062/23/13 at 2:50pmQuote:
That sounds kind of weird to wear a smaller size in 348 than in the 325.
The 81 last is pretty true to size/normal fitting.post #3338 of 71062/23/13 at 2:53pm
If your post is about my pair of eaton, my response would be the lighter shade on the vamp of the left is my only complaint of an otherwise perfect pair of boots. Alas, being an MTO order which is not returnable, I suppose I just have to chalk it up.post #3339 of 71062/23/13 at 6:08pmpost #3340 of 71062/23/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
MOT being non-returnable should not mean they can deliver a boot with defects and expect you to keep it. That said, it's not unusual for different pieces of shell to reflect light differently on the same shoe, depending on the angle of the light. But it's for you to judge whether it's normal variation due to lighting or whether they used a different color entirely.
I wouldn't settle for "MTO" as the excuse if in fact you think they are defective.post #3341 of 71062/23/13 at 8:07pmThank you for pointing that put.
Let me just get this straight: The MTO angle was all just my own take of things. It was not given to me from the vendor where I placed the MTO order. Hence take it for what it's worth.
That said, despite the lighter shade of the left vamp, the actual boots shows that it's a lighter shade of teck cordovan.post #3342 of 71062/24/13 at 1:05ampost #3343 of 71062/24/13 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by conakYup, I was eyeballing your boots the whole time they were for sale, but despite my best attempts, I couldn't use mind power to bump the size up by a half.How does the 4497 sizing compare to your US size in boots when wearing those thick socks? I have a pair of 'not stows' from STP in 10UK, and they are comfortable but with enough wiggle room that I think maybe the slightly larger last of the 4497 could knock me to a 9.5UK. Normally I take a 10.5 in boots (hiking, etc) that take a thick sock. Any suggestions?
I'm usually a 10.5D or a 10E US - I should have gone with the UK9.5 in the 6 wide. I have a very high instep.post #3344 of 71062/25/13 at 3:06am
I recently bought and receive a pair of Trickers Malton in C Shade Gorse. I must say that the quality is higher than American made boots. I am normally a US11D bordering on 11E and ordered a UK10 in a 5 Fitting.
I was debating to either go for a UK10.5 or a UK10 as some have suggested going down only 1/2 a size due to shortness of its length. Thankfully mine fits well with thin/ medium weight socks despite having gone a full size down. They are more snug than most other English shoe brands in the same size and I can see why some might want to either go up in width or a 1/2 size up, I was always of the impression that Tricker's had a generous fit.
The gorse calf is thicker than the regular calf but quite soft and I think will only get softer with use. It has a very matte/ waxy leather look that confines it to country use. I need some advice on whether I should buy the Obenauf LP to treat the boots or simply use what I already have in my shoe care kit i.e. Saphir Renovateur, Lexol, Pate De Luxe wax (Black, Brown and Mahogany which seems to match the C shade color quite well.)post #3345 of 71062/25/13 at 6:49am
Going to order my first pair of Trickers this week.
Does anyone here have both the Eaton in boot in Coffee and the Stowe in Acorn?
I was originally going to get an Acorn Stowe. I tried them on in NYC and really liked how they looked, but I was also wondering if they darken in time.
I would actually prefer this, as they just a little too light. I'm comparing them to some beautiful cordovan ravello aldens I saw a photo of, which are unfortunately impossible to find anywhere. The trickers were not as beautiful, but similar.
They I saw the coffee eatons and thought they looked great and were a nicer color than the maltons, and probably more versatile than the acorns.
But I'm hesitant to get them because I haven't tried them on.
I very rarely wear dress clothes. Mostly wear jeans, even to work. So I'm not concerned about them working with suits and such.
If anyone here has experience with both boots, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 26 seconds ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › NWT Barneys suit w/ Loro Piana cloth 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding