Those are Teck cordovan.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on 11/28/15 at 10:17pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 11/25/15 at 5:55am in Classic Menswear
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015Last edited: 9/24/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 223
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3332 of 62452/22/13 at 5:44ampost #3333 of 62452/22/13 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by seer
First, like I mentioned I purchased a pair of Grasmere boot. I had Shoe Healer put on micro soles. Rich and the Michelle are a pleasure to deal with - as you all know. I never had the 4497 last before and when I tried them on the were quite tight across the instep. So much so that I put them up for sale on eBay. There were no takers. So I said the heck with it - I used a heavy pair of wool socks and did a 4 mile hike in 5 inches of fresh snow. Then I shoveled for a couple of hours. The boots broke in great! They are quite light and became extremely comfortable . And the leather is near impervious to water and snow (though there is a coat of Filson boot oil on them). The micro sole worked great in snow - better than my Dainite soles and they don’t track in snow like lug soles. I am so glad that no one bought them when I had them up for bid. A superior boot! I think we will be friends for a long time....
BTW - I have a pair of Trickers Burtons, Expresso color, UK9 double leather soles with box and bags with less that 30 wears. If any one is interested.Yup, I was eyeballing your boots the whole time they were for sale, but despite my best attempts, I couldn't use mind power to bump the size up by a half.How does the 4497 sizing compare to your US size in boots when wearing those thick socks? I have a pair of 'not stows' from STP in 10UK, and they are comfortable but with enough wiggle room that I think maybe the slightly larger last of the 4497 could knock me to a 9.5UK. Normally I take a 10.5 in boots (hiking, etc) that take a thick sock. Any suggestions?post #3334 of 62452/23/13 at 10:10ampost #3335 of 62452/23/13 at 10:55ampost #3336 of 62452/23/13 at 2:22pmpost #3337 of 62452/23/13 at 2:50pmQuote:
That sounds kind of weird to wear a smaller size in 348 than in the 325.
The 81 last is pretty true to size/normal fitting.post #3338 of 62452/23/13 at 2:53pm
If your post is about my pair of eaton, my response would be the lighter shade on the vamp of the left is my only complaint of an otherwise perfect pair of boots. Alas, being an MTO order which is not returnable, I suppose I just have to chalk it up.post #3339 of 62452/23/13 at 6:08pmpost #3340 of 62452/23/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
MOT being non-returnable should not mean they can deliver a boot with defects and expect you to keep it. That said, it's not unusual for different pieces of shell to reflect light differently on the same shoe, depending on the angle of the light. But it's for you to judge whether it's normal variation due to lighting or whether they used a different color entirely.
I wouldn't settle for "MTO" as the excuse if in fact you think they are defective.post #3341 of 62452/23/13 at 8:07pmThank you for pointing that put.
Let me just get this straight: The MTO angle was all just my own take of things. It was not given to me from the vendor where I placed the MTO order. Hence take it for what it's worth.
That said, despite the lighter shade of the left vamp, the actual boots shows that it's a lighter shade of teck cordovan.post #3342 of 62452/24/13 at 1:05ampost #3343 of 62452/24/13 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by conakYup, I was eyeballing your boots the whole time they were for sale, but despite my best attempts, I couldn't use mind power to bump the size up by a half.How does the 4497 sizing compare to your US size in boots when wearing those thick socks? I have a pair of 'not stows' from STP in 10UK, and they are comfortable but with enough wiggle room that I think maybe the slightly larger last of the 4497 could knock me to a 9.5UK. Normally I take a 10.5 in boots (hiking, etc) that take a thick sock. Any suggestions?
I'm usually a 10.5D or a 10E US - I should have gone with the UK9.5 in the 6 wide. I have a very high instep.post #3344 of 62452/25/13 at 3:06am
I recently bought and receive a pair of Trickers Malton in C Shade Gorse. I must say that the quality is higher than American made boots. I am normally a US11D bordering on 11E and ordered a UK10 in a 5 Fitting.
I was debating to either go for a UK10.5 or a UK10 as some have suggested going down only 1/2 a size due to shortness of its length. Thankfully mine fits well with thin/ medium weight socks despite having gone a full size down. They are more snug than most other English shoe brands in the same size and I can see why some might want to either go up in width or a 1/2 size up, I was always of the impression that Tricker's had a generous fit.
The gorse calf is thicker than the regular calf but quite soft and I think will only get softer with use. It has a very matte/ waxy leather look that confines it to country use. I need some advice on whether I should buy the Obenauf LP to treat the boots or simply use what I already have in my shoe care kit i.e. Saphir Renovateur, Lexol, Pate De Luxe wax (Black, Brown and Mahogany which seems to match the C shade color quite well.)post #3345 of 62452/25/13 at 6:49am
Going to order my first pair of Trickers this week.
Does anyone here have both the Eaton in boot in Coffee and the Stowe in Acorn?
I was originally going to get an Acorn Stowe. I tried them on in NYC and really liked how they looked, but I was also wondering if they darken in time.
I would actually prefer this, as they just a little too light. I'm comparing them to some beautiful cordovan ravello aldens I saw a photo of, which are unfortunately impossible to find anywhere. The trickers were not as beautiful, but similar.
They I saw the coffee eatons and thought they looked great and were a nicer color than the maltons, and probably more versatile than the acorns.
But I'm hesitant to get them because I haven't tried them on.
I very rarely wear dress clothes. Mostly wear jeans, even to work. So I'm not concerned about them working with suits and such.
If anyone here has experience with both boots, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread 9 seconds ago
- › 10.5D Ralph Lauren Alligator Driving Shoes Italy 2 minutes ago
- › Video Games 4 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 5 minutes ago
- › What to wear for Chrismas? - Please i need as much tips as possible. 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 12D C&J for Polo Black Calf Chelsea Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories