or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 220

post #3286 of 4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetarium View Post

I've also heard that. I wish they put the last number with the model number on the boot shaft or committed to model numbers referring to specific last and sizing combinations. It's seems a bit useless to have a model number that can denote multiple last and sizing possibilities.

That being said, I'm much happier with my Tricker's experiences than Alden experiences and have almost finished selling all of my Aldens as a result of longtime frustration with at least one aspect of each boot. I've reached the point where I cannot philosophically settle with anything less than a perfectly comfortable, supportive, and durable garment any longer. Less should be more smile.gif

What has been your issue with Alden? Quality control, customer service, or both?
post #3287 of 4785

Both. The only pair that has stood the test of time is ironically a pair of factory seconds. I've had the following issues, some of which are small but should not happen on a pair of 500 dollar boots:

 

Shipped with an eyelet looking as though it was split with a bolt cutter.

Welt stitching so close to the edge of the that it was worn into after a matter of weeks.

Blown seams due to the extreme act of crouching.

Left shoe being lasted half a size larger than the right.

Right shoe being lasted half a sizer larger than the left.

Plastic left hanging out all over the welt and heel.

Misaligned stitching.

Exposed staples.

 

Since they suspended their MTO program, I find it hard to get the proper length and width combo as well. Sadly I still can't get over my love for their aesthetics so I've banned myself from the Alden thread.

 

My pair of Tricker's factory seconds shipped with such perfect finishing that I cannot find the defect. Tricker's basic calf leather, though thinner and softer than the Alden 405 waxhide, has resisted scratching and tearing despite being worn just as hard and in a variety of conditions. I wouldn't work construction or climb a mountain in them, but they can handle my random day to day physical labors and I wouldn't hesitate taking them on an impromptu hike.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention that a bellows or gusseted tongue is also awesome and doesn't make the dreaded trip around your ankle throughout the day. The only boots I experienced that issue with on the same level of Alden was a pair of 10" Docs back in high school.

post #3288 of 4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetarium View Post

Both. The only pair that has stood the test of time is ironically a pair of factory seconds. I've had the following issues, some of which are small but should not happen on a pair of 500 dollar boots:

Shipped with an eyelet looking as though it was split with a bolt cutter.
Welt stitching so close to the edge of the that it was worn into after a matter of weeks.
Blown seams due to the extreme act of crouching.
Left shoe being lasted half a size larger than the right.
Right shoe being lasted half a sizer larger than the left.
Plastic left hanging out all over the welt and heel.
Misaligned stitching.
Exposed staples.

Since they suspended their MTO program, I find it hard to get the proper length and width combo as well. Sadly I still can't get over my love for their aesthetics so I've banned myself from the Alden thread.

My pair of Tricker's factory seconds shipped with such perfect finishing that I cannot find the defect. Tricker's basic calf leather, though thinner and softer than the Alden 405 waxhide, has resisted scratching and tearing despite being worn just as hard and in a variety of conditions. I wouldn't work construction or climb a mountain in them, but they can handle my random day to day physical labors and I wouldn't hesitate taking them on an impromptu hike.

Thanks, good to know. My only experience is a pair of J Crew Indy boots. So far so good.

But my Tricker's experience has also been fantastic. I have two pair on a dress shoe last (one is suede monk strap, so more casual), and I also cannot find the flaws. Both have channeled stitching, and both are finished better than any Alden or AE shoes I have seen. I emailed them to ask about one of the shoes before I bought, and they said something about not being happy with how the color of the leather came out, or something like that. Maybe the shade is not exactly right, but I can't tell and first polish took care of it.
post #3289 of 4785

Hi, I bought some Trickers Loafers on eBay and it turned out, that this shoes aren't in "good conditions".

The seller seemed to be very serious and in the pictures I couldn't saw one of these damages.

I payed 60€ and now I would like to know, if it's worth to repair this shoes or rather it's possible?

 

 

post #3290 of 4785

Send them to Richard are Shoehealer. By all reports you'll have them back good as new.

post #3291 of 4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post

Hi, I bought some Trickers Loafers on eBay and it turned out, that this shoes aren't in "good conditions". Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The seller seemed to be very serious and in the pictures I couldn't saw one of these damages.
I payed 60€ and now I would like to know, if it's worth to repair this shoes or rather it's possible?









send these back. these are not in good condition and regardless of how much they cost, they are not worth the headache
post #3292 of 4785
+1. The insides look so bad that I shudder to think what bacteria or fungus may have lay siege. Loafers are the worst thing to buy 2nd hand because the previous owner probably wore them without socks. If you subscribe to the gemming theory, it's probably rotting from the inside out.

This is not something even a good shoe "healer" can do something about.
post #3293 of 4785

 

Trickers have just released their collab with Norse Projects. They look nice. You can see more of them here - http://www.norsestore.com/commodity/15273

post #3294 of 4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


send these back. these are not in good condition and regardless of how much they cost, they are not worth the headache

I agree, but the seller says that this are normal signs of usage and that the shoes are in good conditions.

He never mentioned this damages in the description, otherwise I never bought it. 

post #3295 of 4785
If you do send them in for refurbishment, it will be a fair amount of work (e.g., new lining, sock liner, heel, etc.) but the tear on the R heel might still have a mark even after any work done. Also, the soles look to have a fair amount of wear. You might end up paying close to what you paid for the loafers (I do not know how much repair costs in your area but here in NYC the work would cost some money).

I think if the seller did not show the damage to the heel, small tear in the leather upper (by the Achilles area), and worn lining, you have good evidence for a refund. Good luck!
post #3296 of 4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post

Hi, I bought some Trickers Loafers on eBay and it turned out, that this shoes aren't in "good conditions".

The seller seemed to be very serious and in the pictures I couldn't saw one of these damages.

I payed 60€ and now I would like to know, if it's worth to repair this shoes or rather it's possible?

 

 

 

 

 

Dear fellow countryman,

 

do yourself a favour and send them back. Ebay-shops like retrickers have very good offers all the time, I'm sure you'll be able to find brandnew loafers there for a decent price.

post #3297 of 4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post

I agree, but the seller says that this are normal signs of usage and that the shoes are in good conditions.
He never mentioned this damages in the description, otherwise I never bought it. 

I would have to disagree with their opinion. These are clearly not in good condition and that there are not normal signs of usage. Immediately lodge an 'item not as described' complaint with eBay and request a full refund from the seller. If you paid by paypal and/or credit card, then also lodge a case with them.

As others have said, not worth the time nor trouble.
post #3298 of 4785

Today my Stows in acorn tan arrived. UK 9,5.

I wear a 10E in Alden Indys and a 10,5D in Redwing GT.

 

These Stow fit like a glove. The double leather sole ist quite stiff, but by writing these lines I have them on my feet for about 30 minutes, and they're already giving a little bit. No heel slippage noticable.

 

Thank you all esp. for sizing advices in this thread. Had to blind buy, no trickers dealer here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3299 of 4785

Has any one here ever purchased from Superdenim? I have e-mailed them three times and nothing!

post #3300 of 4785

My new Tricker's from Norse.  They look great and are very dark Navy.  I'm thinking either brick red or tan shoe laces.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread