or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 217

post #3241 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

What last are the Golash wing tip boots on?  Same as Stow 4497?

I've got three pairs of long wing boots and they're all on the 4444.
I think I've seen them on the W2298 too though.
The Frans Boone Richard boots are an example.
That's assuming they're the same last as the Richard long wing shoe. So that's speculation on my part.
post #3242 of 4997
Brown suede Tankers from Paul and Friends.

post #3243 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProfeto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oven1969 View Post

350



Not quite understand the price of these new Tricker's x Maiden Noir selling at Havenshop.ca, they are US$987 (€757)!!! it is a lot more than Tricker's X Tresbien, Tricker's X Junya....
agreed! does anyone have these for sell tho? size 10 perhaps. or maybe you guys will know better how many sizes they run longer or shorter. I'm a size 10.5 in nikes so... any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Those look like Bourton/Keswick/Illkley on the 4444 last.
There's lots of info in this thread on how the 4444 fits.

You could get an MTO from the Shoe Healer for a lot less than $987.
You could also get a standard black scotch grain Illkley on commando sole for under $500 shipped.
post #3244 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

I've got three pairs of long wing boots and they're all on the 4444.
I think I've seen them on the W2298 too though.
The Frans Boone Richard boots are an example.
That's assuming they're the same last as the Richard long wing shoe. So that's speculation on my part.

I have a pair of the STP not-Stows on the W2298, and I cannot stand them. They are too narrow, especially in the toe box, for anything other than a dress sock. It's a mismatched last for a country style boot. Richard at Shoehealer told me that last is usually used for loafers, which makes sense. I'd recommend avoiding a boot on the W2298, unless you intend to wear it as a dress boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Brown suede Tankers from Paul and Friends.


I really like these.
post #3245 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Brown suede Tankers from Paul and Friends.

Very nice.
post #3246 of 4997
The W2298 is funny. I've got Not-Stows, some suede chukkas, and some calf chukkas on the W2298 all in the same size.
The Not-Stows are kinda tight except with a dress sock.
The chukkas fit noticeably looser than the Not-Stows. I can comfortably wear a thicker sock (not that I do) with them.
post #3247 of 4997
I highly recommend Paul and Friends. Those Tankers were under $400 shipped from Sweden via postal service.
Took a week to get here. No customs/duty to pay.
They've got a few other styles on sale.
post #3248 of 4997

^^Thanks for the input all.  

 

The Shoehealer has some great information.  Sent him a message last year about an AS and he replied quickly with some very helpful information.  Very polite.

 

Recently received a suede low leg logger from end hunting co. over the holidays in 10UK.  Thinking now a 10.5UK would have worked after a few wears.  Not sure of the last so I e-mailed End plus Trickers themselves and waiting for reply on last confirmation.

 

Nice tankers btw.

post #3249 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennzi12 View Post

^^Thanks for the input all.  

The Shoehealer has some great information.  Sent him a message last year about an AS and he replied quickly with some very helpful information.  Very polite.

Recently received a suede low leg logger from end hunting co. over the holidays in 10UK.  Thinking now a 10.5UK would have worked after a few wears.  Not sure of the last so I e-mailed End plus Trickers themselves and waiting for reply on last confirmation.

Nice tankers btw.

THese? http://www.endclothing.com/brands/trickers/tricker-s-x-end-hunting-co-low-leg-logger-boot-61979.html
I'd bet money those are on the 4497.
post #3250 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennzi12 View Post

^^Thanks for the input all.  

The Shoehealer has some great information.  Sent him a message last year about an AS and he replied quickly with some very helpful information.  Very polite.

Recently received a suede low leg logger from end hunting co. over the holidays in 10UK.  Thinking now a 10.5UK would have worked after a few wears.  Not sure of the last so I e-mailed End plus Trickers themselves and waiting for reply on last confirmation.

Nice tankers btw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

THese? http://www.endclothing.com/brands/trickers/tricker-s-x-end-hunting-co-low-leg-logger-boot-61979.html
I'd bet money those are on the 4497.

I just purchased a pair of Cheaney boots from Richard at Shoehealer. Cannot say enough about how nice and helpful he is.

I've only tried on a few Tricker's lasts, but I don't see how this advice to go a full size down converting from US to UK is right. It's always 1/2 size for me, and with the exception of the 4444 last, that's been confirmed by Shoehealer, as well.
post #3251 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


THese? http://www.endclothing.com/brands/trickers/tricker-s-x-end-hunting-co-low-leg-logger-boot-61979.html
I'd bet money those are on the 4497.

 

 

Those are the boots, yes.  

Received a reply from trickers today.

From: Marketing & Sales Support

"The Logger boot made for End was made on 4444 last, 5 fit."

Compared to the other few boots I have seen I could not tell.  Thought there was one posted by retrickers on the 4497S last a while back.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post



I just purchased a pair of Cheaney boots from Richard at Shoehealer. Cannot say enough about how nice and helpful he is.

I've only tried on a few Tricker's lasts, but I don't see how this advice to go a full size down converting from US to UK is right. It's always 1/2 size for me, and with the exception of the 4444 last, that's been confirmed by Shoehealer, as well.

 

Those Cheaney's are sweet.  Picked up a veldt myself recently but still deciding whether to keep them or not.  The 1/2 size down works here most times also.  Until this weekend when I left a C&J shop with a 10UK and 11UK boot.censored.gif

post #3252 of 4997
From superdenim sale. Not bad for about $220 shipped.

post #3253 of 4997

Got my Tricker's Austerity Stow from Leather Soul BH (Thanks Bryan!).  I will be posting a comparison review with Alden Indy Chromexcel once I break it in.  But here is my initial reaction:

 

Shoe came with Tricker's own brand of shoe wax (smells very similar to Saphir), two shoe bag and instead of using plastic, they used a piece of cloth to separate and pack the shoe.

 

Leather is not Chromexcel, it is stiff but not as stiff as Red Wings.  I do not foresee a long break in time for these though.  IMO, quality of leather used is definitely for country/beat them up type.  

 

Tricker's stow last is definitely a better fit than Alden.  More wiggle toe room side ways, and up and down.  Alden shoe size was 10 D, Tricker's shoe size is 9.5 D.  

 

Last of all, quality control is definitely better than Alden.  When I got my Alden, there were still flakes of leather left on the welt. It looked like the sanding part was a bit rush.  A bit of glue residue is visible at where the leather meets the heel.  Tricker's on the other hand, I looked it over and over for flaws and I just can't seem to find any.  

 

Anyway, Tricker's is my intro to English shoe makers, and I am impressed.  Next on the list are: Carmina, Church, Crockett and Jones, Saint Crisipin, John Lobb and Edward Green boots...and just boots.

post #3254 of 4997
Great deal indeed Zippyh!
post #3255 of 4997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

From superdenim sale. Not bad for about $220 shipped.

Love those.

Blue aniline longwings:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread