or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 204

post #3046 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

These are fantastic! Are they a custom Eaton or is this a standard color?
Not sure. They were part of Shoe Healer's MTO a while back. I think it's in Coffee.


RE: 2 tone bal boots...tthat is definitely a rad pair. I'd be down for one. Only one pair was made I've heard...was not really his monthly bulk MTO.
post #3047 of 4743
They're burnished coffee. Be careful when polishing or you might mess up the effect on the toes.

Richard has done this bulk MTO several times.
He's got more arriving in Feb.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Tricker_s_For_Shoe_Healer/Tricker_s_Eaton_Arriving_Feb_2505.html
post #3048 of 4743
Those orange shell eatons are crazy, mothball.
post #3049 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Not sure. They were part of Shoe Healer's MTO a while back. I think it's in Coffee.
RE: 2 tone bal boots...tthat is definitely a rad pair. I'd be down for one. Only one pair was made I've heard...was not really his monthly bulk MTO.

Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

They're burnished coffee. Be careful when polishing or you might mess up the effect on the toes.
Richard has done this bulk MTO several times.
He's got more arriving in Feb.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Tricker_s_For_Shoe_Healer/Tricker_s_Eaton_Arriving_Feb_2505.html

Thanks as well. I shouldn't have check those out. How's that last fit?
post #3050 of 4743

Hi all, anyone know how the current Trickers x Junya brogue shoes w/commando sole fit?

 

I called Trickers who told me that they weren't made on the 4444 last and gave some endearingly eccentric explanation about how the stuff that they make for sale in the Japanese market is always marked as half a size smaller than the actual size confused.gif

post #3051 of 4743
Really want a pair of Trickers... Kind of decided on the Vibram sole but can't decide on the rest of the makeup. Will probably be my biggest shoe purchase in a while and would like some input. Preferably not boots... I just can't decide on a color :/
post #3052 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

Really want a pair of Trickers... Kind of decided on the Vibram sole but can't decide on the rest of the makeup. Will probably be my biggest shoe purchase in a while and would like some input. Preferably not boots... I just can't decide on a color :/

I just purchased the Bourton in Espresso. A very nice, deep rich brown color. I think it will go with  just about anything. Next I'm probably going for the C shade in the Keswick or another Burton in the Marron color. Those are my favorites so far, I'm not big on the Acorn color. But it really is a matter of personal taste.

post #3053 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post


Hah! I seem to be in the minority on the two-tone boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Not sure. They were part of Shoe Healer's MTO a while back. I think it's in Coffee.
RE: 2 tone bal boots...tthat is definitely a rad pair. I'd be down for one. Only one pair was made I've heard...was not really his monthly bulk MTO.

I'm probably going to do one with brown suede & espresso leather, but it may be next fall. Too many boots, man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Those orange shell eatons are crazy, mothball.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post

I just purchased the Bourton in Espresso. A very nice, deep rich brown color. I think it will go with  just about anything. Next I'm probably going for the C shade in the Keswick or another Burton in the Marron color. Those are my favorites so far, I'm not big on the Acorn color. But it really is a matter of personal taste.

Congrats--they're great shoes.
post #3054 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post


Congrats--they're great shoes.

Very Rugged. Took them out for their first walk today - 3+ mile hike through a New England winter. Snow, dirt and ice - they did well even with leather soles. There was really no break in. Great dogs that will last for years...

post #3055 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

They're burnished coffee. Be careful when polishing or you might mess up the effect on the toes.
Richard has done this bulk MTO several times.
He's got more arriving in Feb.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Tricker_s_For_Shoe_Healer/Tricker_s_Eaton_Arriving_Feb_2505.html

Damn those are tempting
post #3056 of 4743
My first pair of Tricker's, got them from End - Cuba Waxy Brushed Leather. The right shoe was a little snug but a shot of Meltonian Shoe Stretch and a shoe stretcher left on over night did the trick of a better fit. I'm not too keen on the white sole and may replace them with something more to my liking. In all, they are very comfortable; I really like the leather and chunky style.

post #3057 of 4743

Hi,

 

I recently tried a pair of the Junya Trickers from Mr. Porter.  I take a UK size 10 in the 4444 and 4497 country lasts so ordered the size "Large" which equates to a size 10 (according to the web site and on the inside of the shoe).  The information given to you by Trickers is quite correct, they are half a size smaller than that marked.  I had to return mine as they were too small with no toe wiggle room at all!

 

I hope this helps.

 

Cheers,
Rob.

post #3058 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by FondDeJante View Post

Hi all, anyone know how the current Trickers x Junya brogue shoes w/commando sole fit?

 

I called Trickers who told me that they weren't made on the 4444 last and gave some endearingly eccentric explanation about how the stuff that they make for sale in the Japanese market is always marked as half a size smaller than the actual size confused.gif

 

Going to answer this myself in case anyone else wants to know: I ordered Large and they fit perfectly (I'm a size 10 UK). For comparison, I usually get brogues made on the 4444 last in a size 9.5 (UK) if I'll be wearing them with medium thickness socks, or a 9 for wear with dress socks.

post #3059 of 4743
Dropped an email to Tricker's directly through their site to ask about re-making that lollipop Woodstock that some of you guys got from The Shoe Healer a year or two ago. Got a very prompt reply with a quote... 500 pounds + 30 for shipping. Will need to pass for now and see if something similar pops up from any of this year collaborations.
Edited by prurient - 1/7/13 at 10:58am
post #3060 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by prurient View Post

Dropped an email to Tricker's directly through their site to ask about re-making that lollipop Woodstock that some of you guys have got from The Shoe Healer a year or two. Got a very prompt reply with a quote... 500 pounds + 30 for shipping. Will need to pass for now and see if something similar pops up from any of this year collaborations.

Pediwear has a few sizes left of the burnished coffee version on sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread