Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 12:38 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 2/18/17 at 2:42pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 201post #3002 of 777912/27/12 at 8:12amQuote:Originally Posted by milw50717
The commando sole is nice and chunky, but no more than a thicker vibram. Certainly thicker than a gumlite or the thin cleated sole on the Red Wing 9011/Beckman/GT. The Tricker's shoes that have the commando sole are generally heavy enough leather to support the heavier sole and to wear appropriately.
Go for it.
Thanks, I'm getting close. Where do you wear your llkley's - hiking? Casual?
Edited by seer - 12/27/12 at 11:28ampost #3003 of 777912/27/12 at 8:13amQuote:
Thanks, to bad the vibram sole is so rare on Trickers - I can't find any on line.post #3004 of 777912/27/12 at 8:45ampost #3005 of 777912/27/12 at 9:06ampost #3006 of 777912/27/12 at 9:08ampost #3007 of 777912/27/12 at 9:10ampost #3008 of 777912/27/12 at 9:12ampost #3009 of 777912/27/12 at 9:33ampost #3010 of 777912/27/12 at 10:43ampost #3011 of 777912/27/12 at 12:15pmJesus christ seer those are beautiful... Not my size, unfortunately...
About Tricker's commando sole... Honestly on most models I prefer a dainite sole... On mine, though, the commando sole looks pretty good... Doesn't stand out... And in terms of comfort: no complaints at all... Broke 'm in in about two days... They're about one year old now... They're also the shoes/ boots I can work in the longest for without getting sore feet...post #3012 of 777912/27/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by seer
Suede with red brick vibram.
Yoox had a bunch recently but seems to have sold them.post #3013 of 777912/27/12 at 12:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by hc4thehc
Jesus christ seer those are beautiful... Not my size, unfortunately...
About Tricker's commando sole... Honestly on most models I prefer a dainite sole... On mine, though, the commando sole looks pretty good... Doesn't stand out... And in terms of comfort: no complaints at all... Broke 'm in in about two days... They're about one year old now... They're also the shoes/ boots I can work in the longest for without getting sore feet...
Those are Edmund's boots. I'm thinking about buying them - I'm a 10E or 10.5D US size so I'm not sure if they will fit and they look to nice to wear . Your boots look very comfortable!post #3014 of 777912/27/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
Suede with red brick vibram.
Yoox had a bunch recently but seems to have sold them.
Just my luck - I don't do suede either!post #3015 of 777912/27/12 at 12:51pm
Yoox has some very strange Trickers atm, marked on the insole as 'made in Italy':
There are others as well.... on these shoes the broguing looks about right but the sole doesn't and even allowing for the unflattering Yoox pics the shoes look a bit cheap. What's going on here?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › new wallet at 200 or under 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shopping in Naples Today 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway