Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 5:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Today at 8:56 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 201post #3002 of 696812/27/12 at 8:12amQuote:Originally Posted by milw50717
The commando sole is nice and chunky, but no more than a thicker vibram. Certainly thicker than a gumlite or the thin cleated sole on the Red Wing 9011/Beckman/GT. The Tricker's shoes that have the commando sole are generally heavy enough leather to support the heavier sole and to wear appropriately.
Go for it.
Thanks, I'm getting close. Where do you wear your llkley's - hiking? Casual?
Edited by seer - 12/27/12 at 11:28ampost #3003 of 696812/27/12 at 8:13amQuote:
Thanks, to bad the vibram sole is so rare on Trickers - I can't find any on line.post #3004 of 696812/27/12 at 8:45ampost #3005 of 696812/27/12 at 9:06ampost #3006 of 696812/27/12 at 9:08ampost #3007 of 696812/27/12 at 9:10ampost #3008 of 696812/27/12 at 9:12ampost #3009 of 696812/27/12 at 9:33ampost #3010 of 696812/27/12 at 10:43ampost #3011 of 696812/27/12 at 12:15pmJesus christ seer those are beautiful... Not my size, unfortunately...
About Tricker's commando sole... Honestly on most models I prefer a dainite sole... On mine, though, the commando sole looks pretty good... Doesn't stand out... And in terms of comfort: no complaints at all... Broke 'm in in about two days... They're about one year old now... They're also the shoes/ boots I can work in the longest for without getting sore feet...post #3012 of 696812/27/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by seer
Suede with red brick vibram.
Yoox had a bunch recently but seems to have sold them.post #3013 of 696812/27/12 at 12:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by hc4thehc
Jesus christ seer those are beautiful... Not my size, unfortunately...
About Tricker's commando sole... Honestly on most models I prefer a dainite sole... On mine, though, the commando sole looks pretty good... Doesn't stand out... And in terms of comfort: no complaints at all... Broke 'm in in about two days... They're about one year old now... They're also the shoes/ boots I can work in the longest for without getting sore feet...
Those are Edmund's boots. I'm thinking about buying them - I'm a 10E or 10.5D US size so I'm not sure if they will fit and they look to nice to wear . Your boots look very comfortable!post #3014 of 696812/27/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
Suede with red brick vibram.
Yoox had a bunch recently but seems to have sold them.
Just my luck - I don't do suede either!post #3015 of 696812/27/12 at 12:51pm
Yoox has some very strange Trickers atm, marked on the insole as 'made in Italy':
There are others as well.... on these shoes the broguing looks about right but the sole doesn't and even allowing for the unflattering Yoox pics the shoes look a bit cheap. What's going on here?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Cars We Drive! 24 seconds ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 57 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 1 minute ago
- › What wallet do you use? 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Opinion on Istante by Versace Shirts 18 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding