Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 1:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Today at 3:15 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 201
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3002 of 579112/27/12 at 8:12amQuote:Originally Posted by milw50717
The commando sole is nice and chunky, but no more than a thicker vibram. Certainly thicker than a gumlite or the thin cleated sole on the Red Wing 9011/Beckman/GT. The Tricker's shoes that have the commando sole are generally heavy enough leather to support the heavier sole and to wear appropriately.
Go for it.
Thanks, I'm getting close. Where do you wear your llkley's - hiking? Casual?
Edited by seer - 12/27/12 at 11:28ampost #3003 of 579112/27/12 at 8:13amQuote:
Thanks, to bad the vibram sole is so rare on Trickers - I can't find any on line.post #3004 of 579112/27/12 at 8:45ampost #3005 of 579112/27/12 at 9:06ampost #3006 of 579112/27/12 at 9:08ampost #3007 of 579112/27/12 at 9:10ampost #3008 of 579112/27/12 at 9:12ampost #3009 of 579112/27/12 at 9:33ampost #3010 of 579112/27/12 at 10:43ampost #3011 of 579112/27/12 at 12:15pmJesus christ seer those are beautiful... Not my size, unfortunately...
About Tricker's commando sole... Honestly on most models I prefer a dainite sole... On mine, though, the commando sole looks pretty good... Doesn't stand out... And in terms of comfort: no complaints at all... Broke 'm in in about two days... They're about one year old now... They're also the shoes/ boots I can work in the longest for without getting sore feet...post #3012 of 579112/27/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by seer
Suede with red brick vibram.
Yoox had a bunch recently but seems to have sold them.post #3013 of 579112/27/12 at 12:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by hc4thehc
Jesus christ seer those are beautiful... Not my size, unfortunately...
About Tricker's commando sole... Honestly on most models I prefer a dainite sole... On mine, though, the commando sole looks pretty good... Doesn't stand out... And in terms of comfort: no complaints at all... Broke 'm in in about two days... They're about one year old now... They're also the shoes/ boots I can work in the longest for without getting sore feet...
Those are Edmund's boots. I'm thinking about buying them - I'm a 10E or 10.5D US size so I'm not sure if they will fit and they look to nice to wear . Your boots look very comfortable!post #3014 of 579112/27/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
Suede with red brick vibram.
Yoox had a bunch recently but seems to have sold them.
Just my luck - I don't do suede either!post #3015 of 579112/27/12 at 12:51pm
Yoox has some very strange Trickers atm, marked on the insole as 'made in Italy':
There are others as well.... on these shoes the broguing looks about right but the sole doesn't and even allowing for the unflattering Yoox pics the shoes look a bit cheap. What's going on here?
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › New Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece White Sea Island Cotton Shirt... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 14 minutes ago
- › GATS GERMAN ARMY TRAINERS NEW / ALL SIZES /WORDWIDE SHIPPING 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...