or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 192

post #2866 of 4874
Those do look great, zippyh.
post #2867 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


You could also just buy a standard model from Shoe Healer and have them put on a commando sole.

 

That's an inspired idea zippyh, his work get high praise on this blog which describes one punters happy experience of getting Shoehealer do a resoling rather than Trickers themselves

 

http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=70

post #2868 of 4874
That stitchedandstitched dude sometimes posts on here.

Richard even has a page offering a different sole.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/product_details.asp?product_idx=2041&imgstate=0

Looks like he's even selling Acorn Stows with a new sole.
https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/product_details.asp?product_idx=2476&imgstate=1
post #2869 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7Ups View Post

 

That's an inspired idea zippyh, his work get high praise on this blog which describes one punters happy experience of getting Shoehealer do a resoling rather than Trickers themselves

 

http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=70

 

I can vouch for the staff there, too - Richard's team have worked on a few pairs of my boots and are just starting some work on three pairs of shoes that I sent up there a few days ago.

 

Nothing but good to say about their work, plus Richard went out of his way to track down some Ridgeway soles for a couple of jobs he did for me.

post #2870 of 4874
I have a pair of the stp not stows and I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep them or not.

Has the lack of a storm welt been a problem for anyone? I don't need to walk through a pond, but I'd like to be confidant knowing the can handle the rain.

From the pages of reading I've done, it seems stp's truckers run about 3/4 of a size big, does that sound right?
I.e. I'm and 11, I ordered a 10.5 , they're a bit big but a size 10 would be too small ( I figure with boot socks I'll be better).

Do most of you just wear these with jeans?
post #2871 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post

I have a pair of the stp not stows and I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep them or not.
Has the lack of a storm welt been a problem for anyone? I don't need to walk through a pond, but I'd like to be confidant knowing the can handle the rain.
From the pages of reading I've done, it seems stp's truckers run about 3/4 of a size big, does that sound right?
I.e. I'm and 11, I ordered a 10.5 , they're a bit big but a size 10 would be too small ( I figure with boot socks I'll be better).
Do most of you just wear these with jeans?

What's up with sizing man? STP is easy returns, why not order a few and see which one works best. Same thing with the C&J RL pennys go by what fits you, not what the internet tels you
post #2872 of 4874
Bureau has some of their Tricker's make ups on sale - 25-50% off but random sizes left.
post #2873 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonV View Post

Bureau has some of their Tricker's make ups on sale - 25-50% off but random sizes left.

 

And mywardrobe have a 30% off menswear code until early December. Would be surprised if it didn't apply to Trickers as the last one did. Limited styles and sizes though this time.

 

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/menswear

 

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/trickers

 

Code is EARLYBIRD30

post #2874 of 4874
Hummingbird's Hill in Tokyo has some of the wildest Trickers makeups.



Can scroll through them here:
http://hbhs.jugem.jp/?cid=7
post #2875 of 4874
Some new sophnet trickers collab have appeared on end, Surely it's cheaper to do an MTO pair! smile.gif
post #2876 of 4874
That Sophnet price is ridiculous. You could replicate the same boot MTO twice for 995 GBP.
post #2877 of 4874

Thanks to all those who have contributed with advice and pictures to this thread. As result I've taken the plunge and ordered myself a pair of Stows in espresso from The Bureau. Now the wait

post #2878 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Hummingbird's Hill in Tokyo has some of the wildest Trickers makeups.

Shell Cordovan Monkey Boots !?!

20110327_1881880.jpg

Yep. Wild.
post #2879 of 4874
My Trickers Stow in espresso arrived today from the Bureau. Sized down a half size from my usual and glad I did. Delighted with this boot. Would have liked it to have a chunkier sole but I can always resolve to a commando sole when the time comes

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
post #2880 of 4874
Had an hour at Shoehealer today - not enough!

I could go broke in there, and will be back to collect some resoles and to consider my next purchase...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread