or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 159

post #2371 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

Sanders (& Sanders) are a mid-range maker, notable for their formal military footwear (George boots, and the like). Not sure if they're wholly made in the UK these days or just assembled here, in the style of Loake etc. They seem to be aiming for a more urban market with some of their more recent offerings like the shoes you posted.

 

Bit like Tricker's, really...

 

The Ridgeway sole is a Dainite sole, too, and my favourite sole option.

Yeah I love the Ridgeway.  Just perfect for a country brogue, just a little more than a Dainite (stud) but not as heavy as a commando.  For your Information I spoke to Pediwear and they tell me it is 100% made in England, nothing is made abroad.  I just struggled to justify double the money for a pair of Trickers.  But I'm not ruling out a pair in the future.

 

Marc.

post #2372 of 4743
263

Got a few pairs to show you... first off my Trickers Allan with red dainite soles...

Need breaking in!
post #2373 of 4743
And my latest addition - Trickers Cheyenne Black Grain leather, commando sole, custom Logger boots...

They look a little weary - should update with some pics now they have bathed in Saphir renovateur, black cream, and dubbin. Proper workhorse boots.

263
post #2374 of 4743
Another pair that have benefited from a full Saphir makeover (these are before pics)

They are custom shoes on the 88 last, made as boots.

263
post #2375 of 4743
Some Espresso Burfords, custom Antique marron Stow, Champagne Stow, and a few shoes too..
post #2376 of 4743
Trying to post here, but as a new user my posts are being held back - how long does it take? A few with pics from last night are still not showing, yet this one has?

EDIT ...

They have appeared! more to follow!
Edited by Steve7 - 5/22/12 at 10:09am
post #2377 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcl View Post

Yeah I love the Ridgeway.  Just perfect for a country brogue, just a little more than a Dainite (stud) but not as heavy as a commando.  For your Information I spoke to Pediwear and they tell me it is 100% made in England, nothing is made abroad.  I just struggled to justify double the money for a pair of Trickers.  But I'm not ruling out a pair in the future.

Nothing to be ashamed of, sanders & sanders is a decent maker. I would say the style you bought is a little different from their normal outings but whatever. 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference anyways.
post #2378 of 4743
jxQEK.jpg

q7ula.jpg

gnIaq.jpg

ON7nj.jpg

t63bu.jpg

CyfB3.jpg

TC7tA.jpg

q6C3g.jpg
post #2379 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post


Nothing to be ashamed of, sanders & sanders is a decent maker. I would say the style you bought is a little different from their normal outings but whatever. 99% of people won't be able to tell the difference anyways.

Thanks for your reply,

 

The way I look at it they are extremely well made shoes, look great and are very comfortable. £220 or £250 with Mark McNairy stamped inside. But I had a discount code and paid £167 delivered. I just couldn't resist.

 

Marc.

post #2380 of 4743
My family tree...

Top middle (clockwise)

Trickers Allan in a honey colour grain leather (red dainite)
Trickers Stow in Champagne waxed suede (double leather)
Mark McNairy for Tres Bien - waxy derby boot (commando)
Trickers 88 last black shoe boots (leather)
Trickers Keswick
Trickers Stow Chestnut (antique marron, commando)
Trickers Ilkely
Trickers Burford (espresso, leather)

The Stow Chestnuts are for sale as 7.5 and too small. When I bought them I wrongly thought they matched my 7.5 Keswick on the 4444 last. I take 8 in the 4497 last and so these are tight.
Amazing boots, custom colour that you can't buy, fell in love with them and really don't want to see them go. Only just past the breaking in stage. See my icon, pm if interested.

263

263
post #2381 of 4743
And these, after treatment... Trickers Logger boots with full grain black Cheyenne leather, freshly treated with Saphir (so a bit waxy and the flash hasn't helped)

263

263
post #2382 of 4743
Very nice collection Steve7. msaint.gif
You don't use shoe trees though, do you? transparency.gif
post #2383 of 4743
Expanding my collection slowly...

On rotation. Interestingly, David at the Trickers factory shop says they are a waste of money! They don't match anyones' feet and you can get the same result using cheap rubbish and packing the foot.

They do stop the curl up of the toe, mind you.

Bit of a rushed picture... some need a clean and a more sympathetic shot! The Espresso Burfords are lost in that shot yet look stunning alone!
post #2384 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post

My family tree...
Top middle (clockwise)
Trickers Allan in a honey colour grain leather (red dainite)
Trickers Stow in Champagne waxed suede (double leather)
Mark McNairy for Tres Bien - waxy derby boot (commando)
Trickers 88 last black shoe boots (leather)
Trickers Keswick
Trickers Stow Chestnut (antique marron, commando)
Trickers Ilkely
Trickers Burford (espresso, leather)
The Stow Chestnuts are for sale as 7.5 and too small. When I bought them I wrongly thought they matched my 7.5 Keswick on the 4444 last. I take 8 in the 4497 last and so these are tight.
Amazing boots, custom colour that you can't buy, fell in love with them and really don't want to see them go. Only just past the breaking in stage. See my icon, pm if interested.
263
263

Great collection. That champagne waxed suede is gorgeous!
post #2385 of 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post

Expanding my collection slowly...
On rotation. Interestingly, David at the Trickers factory shop says they are a waste of money! They don't match anyones' feet and you can get the same result using cheap rubbish and packing the foot.
They do stop the curl up of the toe, mind you.!

Well that's something... Shoe trees in raw wood help drying the inside of the shoe while keeping the shoe leather in tension so it does not age prematurely and wrinkle too fast (the best, of course would be to have the matching last/shape shoe tree but the price in this scenario is stratospheric).

I can understand that some people don't use shoe trees as they like their shoes to look rugged and with some heavy, let's say, character.
David certainly does as well as Richard (The Shoe Healer) when I discussed about that with him years ago or one of the sellers in Alden SF I talked with about that too (this guy was wearing some amazing 10 years old cordovan chukkas) but some guys told me you need at least a raw wood shoe trees (C&J, Heschung, Carmina and Weston crews Paris and London) some other will go further and say that when possible you have to get the matching shoes trees with the exact last of your shoes (I've been told at Loob in Paris and at Vass in Budapest). It's a funny subject to bring in every decent shoe store, just for the records!

For me the raw wood shoes trees worth every penny (And it's very easy to find good enough wooden shoe trees at a very low price in France), some of my Tricker's boots are 7 years old and besides the sole it's hard to tell as they all have shoe trees and get Saphir cream on regular basis (once a month) but I also have to admit that I'm sort of "anal" with tat as even my 2 pairs of Ipath sneakers have their own shoe trees!

Anyways, sorry if I'm not clear, I'm French so I'm not sure my English is accurate here... Just be assured that there was no judgment what so ever as I'm a true believer of the "I don't give a rat's ass of what other people think about me, what I wear, think or how I dress" philosophy! smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread