Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 9:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 4:24 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 158
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2357 of 57915/19/12 at 9:02ampost #2358 of 57915/19/12 at 9:04ampost #2359 of 57915/19/12 at 9:07ampost #2360 of 57915/19/12 at 9:16ampost #2361 of 57915/19/12 at 9:48amI'm not aware of an image that shows the different lasts, but The Shoe Healer has some information here--
I can share my limited experiences. In their 4497 last I wear a size 8 UK and the 4444 last I take a 7 1/2 (normal width, fitting 5, on both). For comparison, I wear a size 8D in the Barrie and a 8.5D in most other shoes.
Their calf is fantastic, but I don't have any experience with their suede. I know there are people who can give better advice in this thread, but hopefully that helps a bit.
Edit: I forgot to mention, Richard at The Shoe Healer is amazing, and he will go out of his way to help with any questions.post #2362 of 57915/19/12 at 11:17ampost #2363 of 57915/19/12 at 11:14pmpost #2364 of 57915/19/12 at 11:30pmpost #2365 of 57915/20/12 at 12:26ampost #2366 of 57915/20/12 at 12:54ampost #2367 of 57915/20/12 at 8:01ampost #2368 of 57915/20/12 at 8:33ampost #2369 of 57915/20/12 at 11:29am
Guy's I have to ask, I know this is a Trickers thread, but have you had any experience with Sanders? I was about to buy a pair of Trickers long wings,but decided to get these:
Sorry about the big picture. Anyway they are superb, very well built and come with the Ridgeway sole, which fits nicely between a dainite sole and the commando soul.
Just wanted to know your thoughts.
Thanks, Marc.post #2370 of 57915/20/12 at 11:46am
Sanders (& Sanders) are a mid-range maker, notable for their formal military footwear (George boots, and the like). Not sure if they're wholly made in the UK these days or just assembled here, in the style of Loake etc. They seem to be aiming for a more urban market with some of their more recent offerings like the shoes you posted.
Bit like Tricker's, really...
The Ridgeway sole is a Dainite sole, too, and my favourite sole option.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 50 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › CTShirts - current quality and alternatives? 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 18 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 19 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...