or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 146

post #2176 of 4663
Got these 30 year old Tricker's Veldtschoen boots on Monday... Quickly tried on one of them as I had to leave for work and dropped them of at the cobbler's so no other pics... I do, however, get them back tomorrow... So be patient!.. shog[1].gif

a4ff9540.jpg
ef319cb6.jpg
post #2177 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by starclubyeah View Post

Hello there

 

I have just joined this Forum, but have been checking in recently as a 'lurker' to gather all the great information as I looked to buy my first pair of Trickers.

 

Anyway, they arrived today - these beautiful Stow boots in Lollipop red...

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

IMG_6132.JPG

 

 

 

 

Could you please advise me what cream/polishes to buy to treat these with.

 

I intend to wear them a lot, especially initially, to get them worn in. What's their resistance to a bit of rain and bad weather? I feel that I have spent this money on a shoe built to last and they should be able to take a bit of 'rough' weather and handle good use. Would you recommend a commando sole to be fitted and how much would I be looking at for this?

 

Thanks in advance...

 

 


 

damnit, now you got my fiending for some MTO trickers :(

post #2178 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by druffs View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by starclubyeah View Post

Hello there

I have just joined this Forum, but have been checking in recently as a 'lurker' to gather all the great information as I looked to buy my first pair of Trickers.

Anyway, they arrived today - these beautiful Stow boots in Lollipop red...


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


IMG_6132.JPG

Could you please advise me what cream/polishes to buy to treat these with.

I intend to wear them a lot, especially initially, to get them worn in. What's their resistance to a bit of rain and bad weather? I feel that I have spent this money on a shoe built to last and they should be able to take a bit of 'rough' weather and handle good use. Would you recommend a commando sole to be fitted and how much would I be looking at for this?

Thanks in advance...
 
damnit, now you got my fiending for some MTO trickers frown.gif

The Bureau still has the Bourton version in a few sizes.

That lolipop cavalier is one of my favorite leathers. I don't do anything to it but hit it with some Saphir reno once in a while.
lollibourton.jpg
lolistow.jpg
redmonkey2.jpg
post #2179 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAINT View Post

I like it a bit shadier! (bad light doesn't help here) wink.gif
n5l4hgjpmfodj0kuyj-tricker_s_eaton_p1080746.jpg
Crappy pic from this morning too.

Those are smoking
post #2180 of 4663
Did the Red/Black Longwing MTO ever pan out?
post #2181 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Did the Red/Black Longwing MTO ever pan out?

if it does, i may be in for that depending on options. love my black scotch grain longwings but would want something maybe a little more rounded. dunno though. been after a pair of red shoes for a while but havent been able to make up my mind on an MTO for myself.
post #2182 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAINT View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like it a bit shadier! (bad light doesn't help here) wink.gif
n5l4hgjpmfodj0kuyj-tricker_s_eaton_p1080746.jpg
Crappy pic from this morning too.

awesome!
post #2183 of 4663



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post


The Bureau still has the Bourton version in a few sizes.
That lolipop cavalier is one of my favorite leathers. I don't do anything to it but hit it with some Saphir reno once in a while.
lollibourton.jpg

 


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by druffs View Post


 

damnit, now you got my fiending for some MTO trickers :(


 

Stuarts of london still have the boots in a UK 9...

 

http://www.stuartslondon.com/footwear-c67/casual-boots-c71/tricker-s-trickers-stow-oxblood-brogue-boot-m5634-p4622
 

 

post #2184 of 4663
Ok - back from the cobbler's. Sunnovabitch did a great job imo:

7a00f5eb.jpg
a786abfe.jpg
50656e3e-1.jpg


Real colour is more like this, though:

acd0f2ce-1.jpg
post #2185 of 4663
Found another shop who does collaborations with Tricker's : Reads Footwear

Just won the auction for its 1001 burnished Bourton with flat welt/waxed leather sole
post #2186 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post

Found another shop who does collaborations with Tricker's : Reads Footwear

Just won the auction for its 1001 burnished Bourton with flat welt/waxed leather sole

Nice find.
I just bought the brown two tone Bowoods.
post #2187 of 4663
New Marron Burtons.

261

My apologies if this has been answered, but what polish should I use with this color? Thanks!
post #2188 of 4663
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post

New Marron Burtons.

261

My apologies if this has been answered, but what polish should I use with this color? Thanks!

Didn't they come with a tin of cognac Trickers branded Saphir polish?
I seem to recall that's what came with mine.
I used some burgundy polish on my marron Stows since I wanted to enhance the redness.
post #2189 of 4663
Thank you! No, they just came with trees.
post #2190 of 4663
Of Grasmere and laces.

The original brown laces are in need of replacing, so I dipped into the shoe box and brought out some possibilities.

Leather and gold/tan workboot laces

graslace1.jpg

Original laces and Red Wing waxed laces

graslace2.jpg

I quite like this look

graslace3.jpg

But will likely go with the leather that should look better once the laces have a bit of dirt and wear on them

graslace4.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread