There's nothing wrong with the boots, as Richard just confirmed. I'll get it fixed myself, no need to abuse BB's or Tricker's generosity...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:11pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
Last edited: 9/24/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 121post #1801 of 61011/12/12 at 4:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1802 of 61011/12/12 at 7:11ampost #1803 of 61011/12/12 at 10:47ampost #1804 of 61011/12/12 at 11:51amQuote:
i disagree, they provided you a product thats faulty, have them fix it,
you paid them money for a good product, why should you pay to fix a faulty product?post #1805 of 61011/12/12 at 12:41pm
May I offer a suggestion if this will be a 'DIY' fix?
Open the gap as wide as possible and use something like a Suede Brush to clean both sides of the surface. Use an 'Emery Board' (sand paper) to clean and scour both surfaces. Blow out any loose particles and Brush again. Apply the Latex Contact Adhesive to both sides evenly with a brush, being careful Not to apply too much (important). You must keep the gap open until the Adhesive is dry to the touch. Once dry to the touch, warm up the area with a Hair Dryer and press together tightly. Grip should be instant and sound. Apair of 'Pliers' can be used carefuly to 'pinch' the area together.post #1806 of 61011/12/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
If this re-occurs I will ask them to fix it. But as it truly seems to be a small flaw, I wil have my shoecobbler have a go at it. I trust her.post #1807 of 61011/14/12 at 3:33am
If I may Sir.
I am certain that the colour of the 'Paul Smith' Collaboration is the regular 'Marron Antique Calf'. The Stow, Bourton and Woodstock are stock Tricker's models in this colour.
What differentiates your Paul Smith model from a regular Stow, is the 'figure of eight' Brogue Detailing on the Wing Cap and Heel Counter.post #1808 of 61011/14/12 at 4:06amhttp://www.sierratradingpost.com/trickers-handmade-derby-boots-wingtip-for-men~p~1797c/?filterString=search~trickers%2F&colorFamily=04
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?post #1809 of 61011/14/12 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Francisco
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?
We call that the Not-Stow. It is not as large as the Stow. I don't think "sleek" is a good word for it; it is much like a Barrie-lasted Alden boot in terms of shape.
There are many pictures and much discussion of the boot in the Trickers for Sierra Trading Post thread ...
I keep a bottle of Bish's Original Tear Mender in my shoe kit. It is good to have on hand, and I think it's the kind of product Richard is recommending for repairing the sole separation.post #1810 of 61011/14/12 at 4:17ampost #1811 of 61011/14/12 at 4:30ampost #1812 of 61011/14/12 at 5:59ampost #1813 of 61011/14/12 at 7:09ampost #1814 of 61011/14/12 at 7:25am
Hi guys, this is my first post, so be nice to me! Thank you.
While I was reading this thread, I came across the MTO Tricker's Coffee Eaton and I knew immediately that I wanted a pair - not boots but shoes!
Now the good news, I contacted Richard of Shoe Healer and after half a dozen emails Richard had just advised me that he had managed to place a bulk order (12) of a shoe version of coffee Eaton.
Similar specification to the Eaton boots, 4444 last fitting 5, brass eyelets and dainite sole.
I am truly excited but what's the right sizing? I wear 8.5E to 9D in Allen Edmonds, 7.5H in RM Williams.
Would 7.5 be the right size for me?post #1815 of 61011/14/12 at 8:13amI got the same boots as hc4thehc... I'm not quiet sure which last it is. I got the same size as my c&j shoes. It is abot half a size bigger, I can wear them with sole insert and thick socks, but it is a tight squeeze, especially in instep. Without the insert and thick sock they are perfect.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › New to quality shoes, living in salty/snowy michigan, Allen Edmonds? 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT Eidos Napoli Tipo Fit Sportcoat /Blazer US 36 EU 46 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth