There's nothing wrong with the boots, as Richard just confirmed. I'll get it fixed myself, no need to abuse BB's or Tricker's generosity...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 121post #1801 of 76301/12/12 at 4:56ampost #1802 of 76301/12/12 at 7:11ampost #1803 of 76301/12/12 at 10:47ampost #1804 of 76301/12/12 at 11:51amQuote:
i disagree, they provided you a product thats faulty, have them fix it,
you paid them money for a good product, why should you pay to fix a faulty product?post #1805 of 76301/12/12 at 12:41pm
May I offer a suggestion if this will be a 'DIY' fix?
Open the gap as wide as possible and use something like a Suede Brush to clean both sides of the surface. Use an 'Emery Board' (sand paper) to clean and scour both surfaces. Blow out any loose particles and Brush again. Apply the Latex Contact Adhesive to both sides evenly with a brush, being careful Not to apply too much (important). You must keep the gap open until the Adhesive is dry to the touch. Once dry to the touch, warm up the area with a Hair Dryer and press together tightly. Grip should be instant and sound. Apair of 'Pliers' can be used carefuly to 'pinch' the area together.post #1806 of 76301/12/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
If this re-occurs I will ask them to fix it. But as it truly seems to be a small flaw, I wil have my shoecobbler have a go at it. I trust her.post #1807 of 76301/14/12 at 3:33am
If I may Sir.
I am certain that the colour of the 'Paul Smith' Collaboration is the regular 'Marron Antique Calf'. The Stow, Bourton and Woodstock are stock Tricker's models in this colour.
What differentiates your Paul Smith model from a regular Stow, is the 'figure of eight' Brogue Detailing on the Wing Cap and Heel Counter.post #1808 of 76301/14/12 at 4:06amhttp://www.sierratradingpost.com/trickers-handmade-derby-boots-wingtip-for-men~p~1797c/?filterString=search~trickers%2F&colorFamily=04
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?post #1809 of 76301/14/12 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Francisco
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?
We call that the Not-Stow. It is not as large as the Stow. I don't think "sleek" is a good word for it; it is much like a Barrie-lasted Alden boot in terms of shape.
There are many pictures and much discussion of the boot in the Trickers for Sierra Trading Post thread ...
I keep a bottle of Bish's Original Tear Mender in my shoe kit. It is good to have on hand, and I think it's the kind of product Richard is recommending for repairing the sole separation.post #1810 of 76301/14/12 at 4:17ampost #1811 of 76301/14/12 at 4:30ampost #1812 of 76301/14/12 at 5:59ampost #1813 of 76301/14/12 at 7:09ampost #1814 of 76301/14/12 at 7:25am
Hi guys, this is my first post, so be nice to me! Thank you.
While I was reading this thread, I came across the MTO Tricker's Coffee Eaton and I knew immediately that I wanted a pair - not boots but shoes!
Now the good news, I contacted Richard of Shoe Healer and after half a dozen emails Richard had just advised me that he had managed to place a bulk order (12) of a shoe version of coffee Eaton.
Similar specification to the Eaton boots, 4444 last fitting 5, brass eyelets and dainite sole.
I am truly excited but what's the right sizing? I wear 8.5E to 9D in Allen Edmonds, 7.5H in RM Williams.
Would 7.5 be the right size for me?post #1815 of 76301/14/12 at 8:13amI got the same boots as hc4thehc... I'm not quiet sure which last it is. I got the same size as my c&j shoes. It is abot half a size bigger, I can wear them with sole insert and thick socks, but it is a tight squeeze, especially in instep. Without the insert and thick sock they are perfect.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Double breasted 6x2 double breasted suit in 50R EU 2 minutes ago
- › Size 15 1/2 red checkered Fray barrel cuff 3 minutes ago
- › Navy Hickey Freeman Horsey Jacket 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 10 minutes ago
- › Size 15 1/2 Brioni dress shirt barrel cuff 10 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...