There's nothing wrong with the boots, as Richard just confirmed. I'll get it fixed myself, no need to abuse BB's or Tricker's generosity...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 11:10 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Today at 9:24 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 121post #1801 of 70651/12/12 at 4:56ampost #1802 of 70651/12/12 at 7:11ampost #1803 of 70651/12/12 at 10:47ampost #1804 of 70651/12/12 at 11:51amQuote:
i disagree, they provided you a product thats faulty, have them fix it,
you paid them money for a good product, why should you pay to fix a faulty product?post #1805 of 70651/12/12 at 12:41pm
May I offer a suggestion if this will be a 'DIY' fix?
Open the gap as wide as possible and use something like a Suede Brush to clean both sides of the surface. Use an 'Emery Board' (sand paper) to clean and scour both surfaces. Blow out any loose particles and Brush again. Apply the Latex Contact Adhesive to both sides evenly with a brush, being careful Not to apply too much (important). You must keep the gap open until the Adhesive is dry to the touch. Once dry to the touch, warm up the area with a Hair Dryer and press together tightly. Grip should be instant and sound. Apair of 'Pliers' can be used carefuly to 'pinch' the area together.post #1806 of 70651/12/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
If this re-occurs I will ask them to fix it. But as it truly seems to be a small flaw, I wil have my shoecobbler have a go at it. I trust her.post #1807 of 70651/14/12 at 3:33am
If I may Sir.
I am certain that the colour of the 'Paul Smith' Collaboration is the regular 'Marron Antique Calf'. The Stow, Bourton and Woodstock are stock Tricker's models in this colour.
What differentiates your Paul Smith model from a regular Stow, is the 'figure of eight' Brogue Detailing on the Wing Cap and Heel Counter.post #1808 of 70651/14/12 at 4:06amhttp://www.sierratradingpost.com/trickers-handmade-derby-boots-wingtip-for-men~p~1797c/?filterString=search~trickers%2F&colorFamily=04
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?post #1809 of 70651/14/12 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Francisco
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?
We call that the Not-Stow. It is not as large as the Stow. I don't think "sleek" is a good word for it; it is much like a Barrie-lasted Alden boot in terms of shape.
There are many pictures and much discussion of the boot in the Trickers for Sierra Trading Post thread ...
I keep a bottle of Bish's Original Tear Mender in my shoe kit. It is good to have on hand, and I think it's the kind of product Richard is recommending for repairing the sole separation.post #1810 of 70651/14/12 at 4:17ampost #1811 of 70651/14/12 at 4:30ampost #1812 of 70651/14/12 at 5:59ampost #1813 of 70651/14/12 at 7:09ampost #1814 of 70651/14/12 at 7:25am
Hi guys, this is my first post, so be nice to me! Thank you.
While I was reading this thread, I came across the MTO Tricker's Coffee Eaton and I knew immediately that I wanted a pair - not boots but shoes!
Now the good news, I contacted Richard of Shoe Healer and after half a dozen emails Richard had just advised me that he had managed to place a bulk order (12) of a shoe version of coffee Eaton.
Similar specification to the Eaton boots, 4444 last fitting 5, brass eyelets and dainite sole.
I am truly excited but what's the right sizing? I wear 8.5E to 9D in Allen Edmonds, 7.5H in RM Williams.
Would 7.5 be the right size for me?post #1815 of 70651/14/12 at 8:13amI got the same boots as hc4thehc... I'm not quiet sure which last it is. I got the same size as my c&j shoes. It is abot half a size bigger, I can wear them with sole insert and thick socks, but it is a tight squeeze, especially in instep. Without the insert and thick sock they are perfect.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Eidos Napoli 35 seconds ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 17 minutes ago
- › PANTS/JEANS FIRESALE: Our Legacy Linen Pants - Last One! 24 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 36 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 38 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 38 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 48 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 52 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding