There's nothing wrong with the boots, as Richard just confirmed. I'll get it fixed myself, no need to abuse BB's or Tricker's generosity...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Yesterday at 11:50 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 8/3/15 at 12:35am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 121post #1801 of 59041/12/12 at 4:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1802 of 59041/12/12 at 7:11ampost #1803 of 59041/12/12 at 10:47ampost #1804 of 59041/12/12 at 11:51amQuote:
i disagree, they provided you a product thats faulty, have them fix it,
you paid them money for a good product, why should you pay to fix a faulty product?post #1805 of 59041/12/12 at 12:41pm
May I offer a suggestion if this will be a 'DIY' fix?
Open the gap as wide as possible and use something like a Suede Brush to clean both sides of the surface. Use an 'Emery Board' (sand paper) to clean and scour both surfaces. Blow out any loose particles and Brush again. Apply the Latex Contact Adhesive to both sides evenly with a brush, being careful Not to apply too much (important). You must keep the gap open until the Adhesive is dry to the touch. Once dry to the touch, warm up the area with a Hair Dryer and press together tightly. Grip should be instant and sound. Apair of 'Pliers' can be used carefuly to 'pinch' the area together.post #1806 of 59041/12/12 at 12:52pmQuote:
If this re-occurs I will ask them to fix it. But as it truly seems to be a small flaw, I wil have my shoecobbler have a go at it. I trust her.post #1807 of 59041/14/12 at 3:33am
If I may Sir.
I am certain that the colour of the 'Paul Smith' Collaboration is the regular 'Marron Antique Calf'. The Stow, Bourton and Woodstock are stock Tricker's models in this colour.
What differentiates your Paul Smith model from a regular Stow, is the 'figure of eight' Brogue Detailing on the Wing Cap and Heel Counter.post #1808 of 59041/14/12 at 4:06amhttp://www.sierratradingpost.com/trickers-handmade-derby-boots-wingtip-for-men~p~1797c/?filterString=search~trickers%2F&colorFamily=04
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?post #1809 of 59041/14/12 at 4:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Francisco
Is this something sleeker than the stow? If anyone can enlighten me with the name of this shoes?
We call that the Not-Stow. It is not as large as the Stow. I don't think "sleek" is a good word for it; it is much like a Barrie-lasted Alden boot in terms of shape.
There are many pictures and much discussion of the boot in the Trickers for Sierra Trading Post thread ...
I keep a bottle of Bish's Original Tear Mender in my shoe kit. It is good to have on hand, and I think it's the kind of product Richard is recommending for repairing the sole separation.post #1810 of 59041/14/12 at 4:17ampost #1811 of 59041/14/12 at 4:30ampost #1812 of 59041/14/12 at 5:59ampost #1813 of 59041/14/12 at 7:09ampost #1814 of 59041/14/12 at 7:25am
Hi guys, this is my first post, so be nice to me! Thank you.
While I was reading this thread, I came across the MTO Tricker's Coffee Eaton and I knew immediately that I wanted a pair - not boots but shoes!
Now the good news, I contacted Richard of Shoe Healer and after half a dozen emails Richard had just advised me that he had managed to place a bulk order (12) of a shoe version of coffee Eaton.
Similar specification to the Eaton boots, 4444 last fitting 5, brass eyelets and dainite sole.
I am truly excited but what's the right sizing? I wear 8.5E to 9D in Allen Edmonds, 7.5H in RM Williams.
Would 7.5 be the right size for me?post #1815 of 59041/14/12 at 8:13amI got the same boots as hc4thehc... I'm not quiet sure which last it is. I got the same size as my c&j shoes. It is abot half a size bigger, I can wear them with sole insert and thick socks, but it is a tight squeeze, especially in instep. Without the insert and thick sock they are perfect.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FS or For Trade: Edward Green GALWAY Boots -- Dark Oak / Mocha... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Buffalo Horn Suit Buttons!! 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Wool Navy Sport Coat. 46R. Retail $1,495 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015