Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:11pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
Last edited: 9/24/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 118
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1757 of 610912/21/11 at 8:10pmpost #1758 of 610912/22/11 at 7:39ampost #1759 of 610912/22/11 at 7:43ampost #1760 of 610912/22/11 at 8:11ampost #1761 of 610912/22/11 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpsonQuote:Originally Posted by renn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like these "tramping" shoes. Did you get them from retrickers?
I noticed their site was down this morning, then they relisted everything again. So had to review everything to see what was new today.
Christmas Holiday shutdown from 23rd December until 3rd January 2012
please note that nothing can be sent out
or questions answered during this time
They're from a british seller. I didn't get them. Far more expensive than Crockett and Jones' Veldtschoen construction. But considering they're made by request, the 399GBP price is still reasonable.post #1762 of 610912/22/11 at 10:56ampost #1763 of 610912/23/11 at 1:07ampost #1764 of 610912/23/11 at 5:36am
Just thought I might add my comments Guys as my store name has been mentioned.
The Tricker's Stow Acorn Antique were supplied to Liam by myself. Liam did contact me right away with his concerns and I immediatley had the shoes brought back at my expense. I have checked several pairs since and found 'issues' with the Facing Alingnments of several new pairs arrived this week for our stock, which I have subsequently sent back. By and large, we have few issues with the quality of Tricker's, considering the significant amount we handle. Until now I have never had any problems with Facing alignment.
The 'Overpaint' of the Welt Stain is commonplace and almost all are affected by this, especially on lighter coloured models and of course it is much more noticeable. Punching Blanks we do see occasionally still in place and as one of SF members suggests, are easily removed with Tweezers or similar. we have on occasion removed them oursleves if they have been noticed in our store.
Customer Sevice, Satisfaction and Quality are always utmost important to us, and should we find customers with concenrs we always try to act in a very swift and effective manner.
Customers should always feel totally free to contact us anytime of they have concerns or issues of any kind associated with our sevice or goods sent.
Wishing all SF menbers a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Richard...............Shoehealer.post #1765 of 610912/23/11 at 9:32am
Yes, I should stress that the seller of that Stow boot was not really important, and therefore initially I didn't want to mention that it was Shoe Healer. Customer service there was above criticism.
I certainly don't put any blame on the retailer. They cannot be expected to inspect every pair they sell. That's what quality control at the factory is for.
Edited by LMTLiam - 12/23/11 at 10:20ampost #1766 of 610912/24/11 at 4:00pmpost #1767 of 610912/24/11 at 4:24pmpost #1768 of 610912/24/11 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Okay, anyone interested in a model of Trickers balmoral boot should PM me directly with statements of interest and preferred design as Richard needs to get the order in fairly soon. This is not a group buy, but some measure of commitment would be required.
pm sentpost #1769 of 610912/25/11 at 4:33ampost #1770 of 610912/25/11 at 9:29pmChristmas loot from wifey.
Orange cordovan from the Bureau, RRL jacket and Paul Smith dopp kit.
The flash really makes them look orange. In normal light they look like an orangish rust color.
There was a post a while back from some one ranting about how horrible the Comipel cordovan was and how it smelled chemically and felt plastic.
These smell pretty much the same as every new pair of Tricker's (i.e. like shoe polish).
The cordovan feels softer than the Horween stuff on Aldens and C&J. I wouldn't call it plastic feeling.
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 9 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 18 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth