Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:24 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on 3/31/16 at 2:02pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 118post #1757 of 679612/21/11 at 8:10pmpost #1758 of 679612/22/11 at 7:39ampost #1759 of 679612/22/11 at 7:43ampost #1760 of 679612/22/11 at 8:11ampost #1761 of 679612/22/11 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpsonQuote:Originally Posted by renn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like these "tramping" shoes. Did you get them from retrickers?
I noticed their site was down this morning, then they relisted everything again. So had to review everything to see what was new today.
Christmas Holiday shutdown from 23rd December until 3rd January 2012
please note that nothing can be sent out
or questions answered during this time
They're from a british seller. I didn't get them. Far more expensive than Crockett and Jones' Veldtschoen construction. But considering they're made by request, the 399GBP price is still reasonable.post #1762 of 679612/22/11 at 10:56ampost #1763 of 679612/23/11 at 1:07ampost #1764 of 679612/23/11 at 5:36am
Just thought I might add my comments Guys as my store name has been mentioned.
The Tricker's Stow Acorn Antique were supplied to Liam by myself. Liam did contact me right away with his concerns and I immediatley had the shoes brought back at my expense. I have checked several pairs since and found 'issues' with the Facing Alingnments of several new pairs arrived this week for our stock, which I have subsequently sent back. By and large, we have few issues with the quality of Tricker's, considering the significant amount we handle. Until now I have never had any problems with Facing alignment.
The 'Overpaint' of the Welt Stain is commonplace and almost all are affected by this, especially on lighter coloured models and of course it is much more noticeable. Punching Blanks we do see occasionally still in place and as one of SF members suggests, are easily removed with Tweezers or similar. we have on occasion removed them oursleves if they have been noticed in our store.
Customer Sevice, Satisfaction and Quality are always utmost important to us, and should we find customers with concenrs we always try to act in a very swift and effective manner.
Customers should always feel totally free to contact us anytime of they have concerns or issues of any kind associated with our sevice or goods sent.
Wishing all SF menbers a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Richard...............Shoehealer.post #1765 of 679612/23/11 at 9:32am
Yes, I should stress that the seller of that Stow boot was not really important, and therefore initially I didn't want to mention that it was Shoe Healer. Customer service there was above criticism.
I certainly don't put any blame on the retailer. They cannot be expected to inspect every pair they sell. That's what quality control at the factory is for.
Edited by LMTLiam - 12/23/11 at 10:20ampost #1766 of 679612/24/11 at 4:00pmpost #1767 of 679612/24/11 at 4:24pmpost #1768 of 679612/24/11 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Okay, anyone interested in a model of Trickers balmoral boot should PM me directly with statements of interest and preferred design as Richard needs to get the order in fairly soon. This is not a group buy, but some measure of commitment would be required.
pm sentpost #1769 of 679612/25/11 at 4:33ampost #1770 of 679612/25/11 at 9:29pmChristmas loot from wifey.
Orange cordovan from the Bureau, RRL jacket and Paul Smith dopp kit.
The flash really makes them look orange. In normal light they look like an orangish rust color.
There was a post a while back from some one ranting about how horrible the Comipel cordovan was and how it smelled chemically and felt plastic.
These smell pretty much the same as every new pair of Tricker's (i.e. like shoe polish).
The cordovan feels softer than the Horween stuff on Aldens and C&J. I wouldn't call it plastic feeling.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The Official Beer Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 53 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Handmade T-Shirts Market Research 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 8 minutes ago
- › What's On Your Feet? - Streetwear WAYWT for shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts