Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicMade In Englandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- brandPaul By Paul Smithtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
Related Forum Threads
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- decent shoes in San Fran Last post on 8/17/11 at 7:00pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Trickers, Alden, C&J, Ferragamo, Bruno Magli & Shoe trees Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:03am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 4:49 am in Classic Menswear
- suede shoes - post 'em here! Last post on Yesterday at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread - Page 118post #1757 of 777312/21/11 at 8:10pmpost #1758 of 777312/22/11 at 7:39ampost #1759 of 777312/22/11 at 7:43ampost #1760 of 777312/22/11 at 8:11ampost #1761 of 777312/22/11 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by kmdsimpsonQuote:Originally Posted by renn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like these "tramping" shoes. Did you get them from retrickers?
I noticed their site was down this morning, then they relisted everything again. So had to review everything to see what was new today.
Christmas Holiday shutdown from 23rd December until 3rd January 2012
please note that nothing can be sent out
or questions answered during this time
They're from a british seller. I didn't get them. Far more expensive than Crockett and Jones' Veldtschoen construction. But considering they're made by request, the 399GBP price is still reasonable.post #1762 of 777312/22/11 at 10:56ampost #1763 of 777312/23/11 at 1:07ampost #1764 of 777312/23/11 at 5:36am
Just thought I might add my comments Guys as my store name has been mentioned.
The Tricker's Stow Acorn Antique were supplied to Liam by myself. Liam did contact me right away with his concerns and I immediatley had the shoes brought back at my expense. I have checked several pairs since and found 'issues' with the Facing Alingnments of several new pairs arrived this week for our stock, which I have subsequently sent back. By and large, we have few issues with the quality of Tricker's, considering the significant amount we handle. Until now I have never had any problems with Facing alignment.
The 'Overpaint' of the Welt Stain is commonplace and almost all are affected by this, especially on lighter coloured models and of course it is much more noticeable. Punching Blanks we do see occasionally still in place and as one of SF members suggests, are easily removed with Tweezers or similar. we have on occasion removed them oursleves if they have been noticed in our store.
Customer Sevice, Satisfaction and Quality are always utmost important to us, and should we find customers with concenrs we always try to act in a very swift and effective manner.
Customers should always feel totally free to contact us anytime of they have concerns or issues of any kind associated with our sevice or goods sent.
Wishing all SF menbers a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
Richard...............Shoehealer.post #1765 of 777312/23/11 at 9:32am
Yes, I should stress that the seller of that Stow boot was not really important, and therefore initially I didn't want to mention that it was Shoe Healer. Customer service there was above criticism.
I certainly don't put any blame on the retailer. They cannot be expected to inspect every pair they sell. That's what quality control at the factory is for.
Edited by LMTLiam - 12/23/11 at 10:20ampost #1766 of 777312/24/11 at 4:00pmpost #1767 of 777312/24/11 at 4:24pmpost #1768 of 777312/24/11 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
Okay, anyone interested in a model of Trickers balmoral boot should PM me directly with statements of interest and preferred design as Richard needs to get the order in fairly soon. This is not a group buy, but some measure of commitment would be required.
pm sentpost #1769 of 777312/25/11 at 4:33ampost #1770 of 777312/25/11 at 9:29pmChristmas loot from wifey.
Orange cordovan from the Bureau, RRL jacket and Paul Smith dopp kit.
The flash really makes them look orange. In normal light they look like an orangish rust color.
There was a post a while back from some one ranting about how horrible the Comipel cordovan was and how it smelled chemically and felt plastic.
These smell pretty much the same as every new pair of Tricker's (i.e. like shoe polish).
The cordovan feels softer than the Horween stuff on Aldens and C&J. I wouldn't call it plastic feeling.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › SNS Herning- fits? 29 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › new wallet at 200 or under 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway