or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox) - Page 11

post #151 of 179
I do like snappy colors. But they do need to be put together right.
post #152 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post
White is not a color. Nor is black. Why were black ever called colored? And then there are white people with black hair, which is absolute contrast. One person I saw his clothes, skin and hair all looked the same. Once in a while that looks fine.

Define colour and then go look up "additive colour" and "subtractive colour."
post #153 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
He was born in Rome, educated at some defunct Sartotecnica school, as was his father (both diplomas are on the wall). I think he's around 60 years old. He doesn't do Western shirts. He does work for some local politicians, one of whom I have seen in his shop. He also does work for a few clients who work between Calgary and London (in the energy business). He told me he was recently asked to hand-make some MTM items for a store in NYC but turned them down. He is busy.

That is strange that he doesn't do western shirts. Maybe he hasn't lived there very long. I think a person should become part of the culture he is living in. I wonder if he makes Western style coats. Texas has lots of them. Nudies did lots of Western styles and entertainment specialty garments, and he was from Russia. The Fedado Loung has a small thread dedicated to Nudie if you want to see some of what he made. In fact there might be a Nudie website. Those kinds of clothes cost much, and a good way to pad ones pocket.
post #154 of 179
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post
That is strange that he doesn't do western shirts. Maybe he hasn't lived there very long. I think a person should become part of the culture he is living in. I wonder if he makes Western style coats. Texas has lots of them. Nudies did lots of Western styles and entertainment specialty garments, and he was from Russia. The Fedado Loung has a small thread dedicated to Nudie if you want to see some of what he made. In fact there might be a Nudie website. Those kinds of clothes cost much, and a good way to pad ones pocket.

I can't speak for Texas, but we only wear Western wear in Calgary for two weeks of the year. The rest of the time most of us look like anyone else in any other major North American city - pretty much like crap. The guy is an Italian tailor who caters to old people. I don't really feel like he would want to make bespoke Western shirts. I'm sure he could, but there's not that much demand here for MTM Western-wear. There are plenty of stores selling Wrangler and Roper.
post #155 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
OSTRICH CHECKBOOK YESSSSSSSSIR!

It's from the old Abercrombie & Fitch, the pith helmet A&F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Who makes the watch?

It's a c.1962 Jaegar-LeCoultre that I got unused at auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post
Where is Boston are these photos taken? Thanks.

-LR

Little Brewster Island.


- B
post #156 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
I can't speak for Texas, but we only wear Western wear in Calgary for two weeks of the year. The rest of the time most of us look like anyone else in any other major North American city - pretty much like crap. The guy is an Italian tailor who caters to old people. I don't really feel like he would want to make bespoke Western shirts. I'm sure he could, but there's not that much demand here for MTM Western-wear. There are plenty of stores selling Wrangler and Roper.

Not much for regional clothes anymore, is there? If the landscape is boring then everywhere it is boring. It is very possible that nobody ever asked him. On the otherhand Nudie became famous and charged a fortune- that was well worh his time. But some people like simpliar.

MTM is different than custom. Some m2m is better than others. Some custom is not all that good. Bespoke means custom with an English twist. Years ago the m2m lost in court the right to us custom in the US, there aren't any tailors around now to protect the word now. The tailors of England have lost the rights to Bespoke recently. When words get muddled they are useless.
post #157 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
I can't speak for Texas, but we only wear Western wear in Calgary for two weeks of the year. The rest of the time most of us look like anyone else in any other major North American city - pretty much like crap. The guy is an Italian tailor who caters to old people. I don't really feel like he would want to make bespoke Western shirts. I'm sure he could, but there's not that much demand here for MTM Western-wear. There are plenty of stores selling Wrangler and Roper.

Does he make tooks?


- B
post #158 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
It's a c.1962 Jaegar-LeCoultre that I got unused at auction. - B
Looks like a nice watch, much better than that bloody cuckoo clock you sometimes wear.
post #159 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
It's from the old Abercrombie & Fitch, the pith helmet A&F.



It's a c.1962 Jaegar-LeCoultre that I got unused at auction.



Little Brewster Island.


- B

Oh so you just take a boat over to the Harbor Islands in the morning on your way to work?
That makes sense. Is it actually your house? The only reason I ask is because I don't recognize it as being anywhere in particular in Boston.

-LR
post #160 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Looks like a nice watch, much better than that bloody cuckoo clock you sometimes wear.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post
Oh so you just take a boat over to the Harbor Islands in the morning on your way to work?

-LR

I'm afraid that I do not take the boat. I find that the frigid Harbor water and sea salt to form an ideal environment for a bracing swim.


- B
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #161 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Does he make touques?


- B

FTFY
post #162 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxe View Post
FTFY




- B
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #163 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Does he make tooks?


- B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxe View Post
FTFY


TOQUES.
post #164 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
TOQUES.




- B
post #165 of 179
Dopey we need you in this threak, to weigh in.
Vaclava, is, wel,come to,o
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox)