or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The American.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The American. - Page 2

post #16 of 63
What the hell? Who actually goes to George Clooney movies? He's like the male equivalent of Juiia Roberts.
post #17 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril View Post
What the hell? Who actually goes to George Clooney movies? He's like the male equivalent of Juiia Roberts.



Twas bad.
post #18 of 63
It didn't have enough stuff blownin' up real good for some folks, I suppose.
post #19 of 63
links to nudity pls...
post #20 of 63
It started out slow, annoyingly slow, but it grew on me. Yes, there could have been more stuff being blown up, but other than that, it did have a good amount of nudity and suspense...an interesting combo.
post #21 of 63
Well at least if it sucks we're even. Australians have that dogpile of a movie called Australia and Americans now have The American.
post #22 of 63
How much did you think Omega paid for those shots of Clooney's speedy?
post #23 of 63
It was kind of a slow, sad, wintery sort of movie with some decent outerwear in it.

I entered the theater prepared to cringe my face off. Which is why I was so pleasantly surprised.
post #24 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
the most pointless nudity in history, it somehow managed to make a spy movie boring. . . . a 3 minute shot of her boobs, for no reason. Just kept on shooting them, for no reason.

huh what. did you just put the words "pointless" and "nudity" next to each other?

how long have you been on the planet?
post #25 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
huh what. did you just put the words "pointless" and "nudity" next to each other? how long have you been on the planet?
He's a homosensual. They come from Venus.
post #26 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVoer View Post
It didn't have enough stuff blownin' up real good for some folks, I suppose.

I appreciate the lack of special effects/car chases/explosions. This movie is for grownups. If you liked Salt then you probably won't like The American, and vice versa.

And if you ever need to hire a hit squad, don't hire the Scandinavians even if they are cheaper than the alternatives.
post #27 of 63
Any professional assassin who uses as imprecise a firearm as a hoked-up Ruger Mini-14 loses a lot of credibility right off the bat!
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
Any professional assassin who uses as imprecise a firearm as a hoked-up Ruger Mini-14 loses a lot of credibility right off the bat!

Yeah, Jan, I don't quite have your credentials but I noticed that. In the movie's defense, the shot that was to be taken was specified and it was so close-ranged that I figured it didn't really matter.
post #29 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
I appreciate the lack of special effects/car chases/explosions. This movie is for grownups. If you liked Salt then you probably won't like The American, and vice versa.

I liked both of them. What now, motherfucker?
post #30 of 63
beautifully shot.
love interest was gorgeous.
as were her titties.
i did doze off for a bit.
but i enjoyed it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The American.