or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mr. Fat Thighs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mr. Fat Thighs - Page 2

post #16 of 72
if you're referring to the measurements on the context website ( http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6 ) the measurements are all accurate, except for the thigh measurement, i'd say. i bought a pair of 30's from them (which i got rid of because they were a bit big) and the measurement of the thigh was more like 11" or so, if memory serves.

for what its worth, i'm currently wearing size 28 new standards, and they measure like 12" in the thigh, because they're fully stretched out. i think i'd fit better in size 29's or something, but i bought these about 15lbs ago back when i had like 20" or 21" thighs.
post #17 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post
if you're referring to the measurements on the context website ( http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6 ) the measurements are all accurate, except for the thigh measurement, i'd say. i bought a pair of 30's from them (which i got rid of because they were a bit big) and the measurement of the thigh was more like 11" or so, if memory serves.

for what its worth, i'm currently wearing size 28 new standards, and they measure like 12" in the thigh, because they're fully stretched out. i think i'd fit better in size 29's or something, but i bought these about 15lbs ago back when i had like 20" or 21" thighs.

Hmmm...I got this idea of slender thighs in the A.P.C.'s here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=196135
post #18 of 72
those are new cures, which are APC's skinny jean.
post #19 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post
18" thighs? How is that big?

I am a 33" true waist with 24" thighs... 40" hips But I won't give up squatting for a flatter butt

In any case I don't find it too hard to get denim. I do have to size up sometimes, but since I lost some weight (not a lot. Down from 205 at my biggest to about 185 now) jeans fit better. IDK, I think ppl just like to throw #'s out, i'ts not impossible to find good denim for bigger legs, unless you are Ronnie Coleman

I made a typo boo boo 28 not 18. Although I measured flexed just now and I've downsized somewhat to 26ish since I don't do hill climbing sprints as much anymore. 32/33 inch waist, comes and goes somewhat.

I do look like a genetic freak tbf, because I'm stacked from my hips to my knees, but nowhere else . I used to joke that I was the British Roberto Carlos, because I shared his height, lack of hair and similar measurements in the stupidly large thighs (although I was terrible at football, but thats in line with being British and not Brazilian). It's not really a boast, because if I could trade in 2 inches of thigh thickness for 2 inches of height I would, my inside leg is only 28 inches, which is a good 3 inches off the norm.

It's not that I find denim hard to come by, Skinny jeans wont fit, they don't make it past the knees, regular fit is skinny around the thigh, and loose around the calf, and relaxed is comfortable around the thigh but looks stupidly flappy everywhere else. The issue is I can't have keys or a phone in a pocket without it buldging out, and the fit, while fine everywhere else is always skin tight or nearly skin tight along the thigh.

But the real issue is due to inner thigh rub. My legs are close together, when I stand easy (feet shoulder width apart, my thighs touch a good 3 inches down. This basically just burns holes in the fabric very quickly (Oddly, the right leg seems to go first).

But I also suffer from bubble butt but mine shapes out a little lower than my hips, but hey, the girls seem to like it. Shake that booty boy
post #20 of 72
Fuck another thread with some noob thinks his thighs are somehow abnormal. Just FYI op this happens all the time, there are probably 30 threads with exactly your problem. I don't have crazy fat thighs, a bit oversized from skiing, and I wear a 32 / 31 in some jeans and can't get into anything lower than an 11.75" BIG, which is bigger than yours. It's not hard. My best fitting jeans are Spurr pipe leg raws in 31 at the moment, but Skull 5010xx 32s would be better denim. There are literally 50 good options for you out there. Even if you HAD big thighs I'd just tell you to get Rescues.
post #21 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPO89 View Post
So I've come to the conclusion that the reason why I can't wear some of the beautiful denim on this forum is due to my FAT THIGHS. This is probably, in part, due to my high school career of football but the truth is I can't fit in anything less than 11 inch thigh(BiG). I only have a 32(or 31 for selvedge) waist so its not like I have bublicious cellulite. I just have FAT THIGHS. I bought a pair of Paul Smith Red Ears and they don't fit my FAT THIGHS(which by the way if someone wants them PM me).

What slender leg denim do you fellas go with who have a similar problem?

Just because you can't fit in Paul Smith Red Ear does not mean you have large thighs. I have some denim from that line, and the thighs are tiny as shit. I would say a huge amount of people here wouldn't fit in some of their jeans.
post #22 of 72
My calves measure almost 18", I could wear skinny jeans if it wasn't for my calves.
post #23 of 72
Ok that sounds a little more logical -- 28 inch thighs are indeed big. I have 25 inch thighs, down to 24.5 inches at the moment because I've increased my cardio program, and I often have to size up one to find a pair of jeans that fit in the thighs the problem with doing that is thenthe waist is a size too big, and add that to the natural stretching of raw denim, and yeah...
post #24 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxxman View Post
I made a typo boo boo 28 not 18. Although I measured flexed just now and I've downsized somewhat to 26ish since I don't do hill climbing sprints as much anymore. 32/33 inch waist, comes and goes somewhat.

I do look like a genetic freak tbf, because I'm stacked from my hips to my knees, but nowhere else . I used to joke that I was the British Roberto Carlos, because I shared his height, lack of hair and similar measurements in the stupidly large thighs (although I was terrible at football, but thats in line with being British and not Brazilian). It's not really a boast, because if I could trade in 2 inches of thigh thickness for 2 inches of height I would, my inside leg is only 28 inches, which is a good 3 inches off the norm.

It's not that I find denim hard to come by, Skinny jeans wont fit, they don't make it past the knees, regular fit is skinny around the thigh, and loose around the calf, and relaxed is comfortable around the thigh but looks stupidly flappy everywhere else. The issue is I can't have keys or a phone in a pocket without it buldging out, and the fit, while fine everywhere else is always skin tight or nearly skin tight along the thigh.

But the real issue is due to inner thigh rub. My legs are close together, when I stand easy (feet shoulder width apart, my thighs touch a good 3 inches down. This basically just burns holes in the fabric very quickly (Oddly, the right leg seems to go first).

But I also suffer from bubble butt but mine shapes out a little lower than my hips, but hey, the girls seem to like it. Shake that booty boy
Ah this makes way more sense. These are some pretty gnarly measurements. Your thighs' relative size calls for some alternative measures. I think all you can really do is get relaxed fit jeans and have them tapered below the knee... that's what I did for my New Standards and they look pretty good.
post #25 of 72
Yea your thighs aren't that big. Skinny jeans and tapered jeans look the best on skinny people. I have a 32" waist and 24" thighs and I don't feel like tapered jeans look right on me as it makes my thighs look big. Maybe it's just that I need to size up in them. I don't go for any jeans with anything smaller than an 8" leg opening.
post #26 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
Aren't there like literally 20 threads on this shit?

yes but it is fun to read about the chunkiness of others, provides excellent schadenfreude

okay that was mean but since we are sharing I am prone to lower hip flare/bagginess and must work around it by sizing way down in the waist to get a good leg/lower hip fit. I have basically the opposite problem of the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
Fuck another thread with some noob thinks his thighs are somehow abnormal. Just FYI op this happens all the time, there are probably 30 threads with exactly your problem. I don't have crazy fat thighs, a bit oversized from skiing, and I wear a 32 / 31 in some jeans and can't get into anything lower than an 11.75" BIG, which is bigger than yours. It's not hard. My best fitting jeans are Spurr pipe leg raws in 31 at the moment, but Skull 5010xx 32s would be better denim. There are literally 50 good options for you out there. Even if you HAD big thighs I'd just tell you to get Rescues.

I like my spurrs but they are definitely now too big for me at size 34, I should size down to 31 probably.
post #27 of 72
APC Rescue. Done.

And please, for the love of God, do a search before starting a thread.
post #28 of 72
marathon cardio catabolizes leg muscle, if you have a regular sized waist it's probably more muscle than fat down there
post #29 of 72
You guys should try Olympic Weightlifting, then tell me about having big thighs.
post #30 of 72
33" waist, 24" thighs
skull 5507xx sz32 fit perfect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mr. Fat Thighs