• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you be comfortable dating a woman who made significantly more money than you?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Comfortable? I'd be damn excited.

Edit: Unless she expected me to be able to pony up for half of whatever expensive things she wanted to do together. That would blow.

freeAgent

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be fine with it. I agree with MetroStyles. As long as she doesn't expect me to spend beyond my means in order to keep up with her, I don't have a problem.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am about to marry someone who has made significantly more than me for the last decade.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Yes. But I'm relatively comfortable with the fact that 99% of people I will ever meet in my life will make more than I do.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
+1000. If you only knew how big of a turn-on that is for me..

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be 1,000,000 times more uncomfortable dating a woman who makes significantly less money than me.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't be comfortable doing this. I know I'm a terrible mess of a person so the only reason a woman would be remotely interested in me is because I can pay for dinner and alcohol. If she's the one making the big money then there's no reason for her to hang with me.

BP348

Reaction score
I wish i could marry someone who makes as much or more then I do!!

I find the responses, including my own, interesting because I have a co-worker who tells me that the men she dates often have a hard time dealing with the fact that she makes more money then they do.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Radagast
Not much background to this one. Would you be comfortable dating a woman who makes significantly more money than you? I don't mean a few grand above you; more like double or triple what you make.

Is she hawt? Does she have a nice personality? Does she indulge my sartorial and alcohol splurges? If yes to at least 2 out of the 3, then no I have absolutely no problem and actually dream of such a thing.

The personality thing is actually most important because I know plenty of girls that would get sick of making so much more than the guy and would probably look down on him/cheat on him because of this.

Stokely

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Am about to marry someone who has made significantly more than me for the last decade.
I did this about two years ago. I love her, regardless of money, so everything works out. It doesn't really matter unless you let it matter. Be honest, talk about it. Tax time is always a bit funny, especially the first time. If need be, ******* out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads