or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Would you be comfortable dating a woman who made significantly more money than you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would you be comfortable dating a woman who made significantly more money than you? - Page 4

post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
You must not know much about SF. The only women in the world who make more money than the big-timers on SF are Christy and Alice Walton.

It goes without saying that both rate -1,000 on the SF looks scale, and are also obviously outside the max date-able age of 24.

Therefore, your question is moot.

What about JK Rowling and Oprah?
post #47 of 63
Fuck yeah I want a sugar mama.
post #48 of 63
My wife has always made two to five times more than I did. It was fantastic.

However, after a while the financial ambition becomes kind of a turn off because it sort of dominates her thoughts at all times.

Really, just once, I'd like to talk about a book or something.
post #49 of 63
wow you sound unhappy
post #50 of 63
Nah. It's better to have a woman who talks about money all the time instead of, say, make up or revenge or how much she hates you. ;-)
post #51 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazerac View Post
Nah. It's better to have a woman who talks about money all the time instead of, say, make up or revenge or how much she hates you. ;-)
jesus
post #52 of 63
Dated someone that made way more than significantly more than me, I was fine with it but the desire to compete was kind of killing me.
post #53 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
Not much background to this one. Would you be comfortable dating a woman who makes significantly more money than you? I don't mean a few grand above you; more like double or triple what you make.
Only if she had big tits. Really big tits! Firm, natural really big tits!
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano View Post
Only if she had big tits.











Really big tits!





Firm, natural really big tits!

SF's next great mind.
post #55 of 63
Of course I'd date her...though my wife might not think too much of the idea.
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
You must not know much about SF. The only women in the world who make more money than the big-timers on SF are Christy and Alice Walton.

It goes without saying that both rate -1,000 on the SF looks scale, and are also obviously outside the max date-able age of 24.

Therefore, your question is moot.

Half of the Wal-Mart clan went to my school when I was there; they are the richest white trash in the world. The boys only care about basketball; 22" chrome rims on their ridez, sweatpants with the leg rolled up everyday with a hat cocked to the side, eating burgers from the food court and reading SLAM and the Source. I don't know if that's the way all heirs to 20+ billi are, but it was a pretty sad sight to see everyday.
post #57 of 63
I wanted to revive this thread as I recently met a girl who will surely be making A LOT more money than me that I am considering dating...

I'm decidely in the "yes" camp on this issue. I would not be insecure at all about dating or marrying a woman who makes more than me, and in fact I would be psyched to be with a rich, successful woman.

That being said, I have a somewhat more complex question: Would you date a girl who is super successful (a probable salary of > 500,000 and a Doctor) who is down to earth, interesting and fun to hang out with, but not very attractive?

This might seem kind of shallow at first, but from my prospective, I'm having a real dilemna with this issue. On one hand, I hit it off with this girl and she's just out of a top med school, top of her class and poised to be incredibly rich and successful, and I will most likely never match her success/wealth myself. She is very into me and made this clear by asking me out. The thing is, I'm not really that attracted to her - she isn't ugly, but just doesn't really do it for me. We have pretty good chemistry though...

Do I give it a shot and go on the date or not?
post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmass1 View Post
...She is very into me and made this clear by asking me out. The thing is, I'm not really that attracted to her - she isn't ugly, but just doesn't really do it for me. We have pretty good chemistry though...

I don't understand this ^.
You have good chemistry?
What is the question then, Kenneth?
post #59 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmass1 View Post
That being said, I have a somewhat more complex question: Would you date a girl who is super successful (a probable salary of > 500,000 and a Doctor) who is down to earth, interesting and fun to hang out with, but not very attractive?

This might seem kind of shallow at first, but from my prospective, I'm having a real dilemna with this issue. On one hand, I hit it off with this girl and she's just out of a top med school, top of her class and poised to be incredibly rich and successful, and I will most likely never match her success/wealth myself. She is very into me and made this clear by asking me out. The thing is, I'm not really that attracted to her - she isn't ugly, but just doesn't really do it for me. We have pretty good chemistry though...

Do I give it a shot and go on the date or not?
What does this mean? Are you holding out for a Victoria's Secret model? If she's attractive enough to be girlfriend material (which I would put around a 7 on a 1 - 10 scale), go out with her. If she's not, don't. If it's a borderline call, go for it. Very often a woman's personal qualities make up for what you initially perceive to be physical shortcomings.
post #60 of 63
When I say we have "good chemistry" I mean that we have a lot in common and have had good conversations the two times we've talked.

Ambulance chaser - I'm not holding out for a Victoria's secret model, but I have dated and can pickup much hotter girls than this one. I'd put her at about a 6 on the 1-10 scale and its pretty borderline. I like her personality and respect her drive, but just not initially attracted to her really.

I'm wondering if I should give it a shot and maybe develop an attraction or if its a waste of time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Would you be comfortable dating a woman who made significantly more money than you?