• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garden Parties

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Share your garden party stories, recipes, pics etc.

I provided a 100% vegan raw garden cake.

Recipe: Watermelon cut into square. Glazed with a whipped avocado icing. Sliced pears for a tangy crust. Topped with 100% organic raw pumpkin seeds. Chilled for 2 hours.

Everyone loved the cake but it looks a little dismantled. I was late in making it and the avocado wasn't ripe so it couldn't be whipped. I didn't have enough time to chill it so I put it in a cooler with ice and it kind of fell apart from there.

gardencake.jpg

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I an not really sure what that is, it might taste nice, I'm not sure and I am not judging. I will say if I was told I was getting cake and got a slice of that I would be confused. Confused and disappointed.

I used to go to quite a few garden parties, and my family hosted some, that ended. They were good fun though.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to be in early on this one. Subscribed.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
3 post summary:

vegan 'cake' falling apart > family falling apart

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully most of the guests vomited it up, because it might have actually been more appetizing that way.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
I will say if I was told I was getting cake and got a slice of that I would be confused. Confused and disappointed.

lollercopter, is so true

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dolphin=people
cake=slice of watermelon

get it?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
watermelon, avocado, pumpkin seed, and pears, all in one bite? Culinary genius. No-bake cake on the next level.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garden party = fancy name for a picnic?

Watermelon cake = fancy name for compost?

confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
OP has to be a troll attempt.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lately I'm trying to teach my girlfriend proper usages of English slang; OP w/ watermelon cake will be helpful in explaining when to say 'this sucks'

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Garden party = fancy name for a picnic?

Watermelon cake = fancy name for compost?

Similar to a picnic but not the same. Usually held in a garden or forest.

It looks bad because I didn't have time! I didn't search for a recipe and just used whatever produce I had from the previous day. Once I found out the avocado wasn't ripe I gave up hope for it turning out decent looking, but it still tasted fine. Got the idea for it at the last minute and made it right before leaving.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Similar to a picnic but not the same. Usually held in a garden or forest.

It looks bad because I didn't have time! I didn't search for a recipe and just used whatever produce I had from the previous day. Once I found out the avocado wasn't ripe I gave up hope for it turning out decent looking, but it still tasted fine. Got the idea for it at the last minute and made it right before leaving.

Why bother with a recipe? You should have just brought cubed watermelon and quartered pears, and some chips to go with guac.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Why bother with a recipe? You should have just brought cubed watermelon and quartered pears, and some chips to go with guac.

Then it would not have been a cake. Duh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads