It's not so much of a problem more than, as you said, the lack of variety. I've lost a lot of weight but I'm about 25 lbs off my ideal weight.
You could try to work some of those foodstuffs you may be craving into your daily calories. At least if you've been dieting for quite some time it's a good way to cut yourself some slack. I'm not advocating "cheating" per se, as in going over your maintenance calories, but to just allow maybe 1 day every 2 wks where you're at maintenance and work in some of the foods you like.
If your diet is spot on for 90% of the time, the other 10% wont fuck you over (unless you have a binge ED, but I surmise that's not the case here).
I totally get if you want to be super strict too, that's cool as well.