or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Does Wool/Linen Mix Wrinkle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Does Wool/Linen Mix Wrinkle?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I'm mulling to buy a 52% wool 48% linen suit. How does it wrinkle compared with full linen and full wool?
post #2 of 17
About half as much
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
really that simple?
post #4 of 17
It wrinkles right where the cloth bunches up against itself. You know, like an accordion.

Goes well with Allen Edmonds seconds.
post #5 of 17
i'm wearing a wool/linen tie today. it's totally non-wrinkled

*whoops - there's mohair, too (50/28/22-m/w/l)
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
thanks romafan! first sensible reply... just bough a brown pinstripe RL on yoox on your comments. i plan to wear it at the office so non-wrinkling is a must. thanks!
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
argh! well i can always send it back...
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by quercus View Post
thanks romafan! first sensible reply... just bough a brown pinstripe RL on yoox on your comments. i plan to wear it at the office so non-wrinkling is a must. thanks!

suit & tie might not be best comparison....
post #9 of 17
There is no generic answer. Depends on the weaving and quality of the wool & linen. I have a wool and linen suit from Moxon cloth. It wrinkles. Not as deeply as all linen cloth but it wrinkles. It is the optimal cloth if you want to wear linen without the resort look. If your office is not open to a more casual look it may not work or be appropriate. The suit will have a seasonal aspect to it. You won't be wearing it year round.
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by quercus View Post
thanks romafan! first sensible reply... just bough a brown pinstripe RL on yoox on your comments. i plan to wear it at the office so non-wrinkling is a must. thanks!

if it wrinkles you might get fired.....
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by quercus View Post
I'm mulling to buy a 52% wool 48% linen suit. How does it wrinkle compared with full linen and full wool?
More than wool and less than linen. What were you expecting, a function such that f(x,y)=w where x and y are the linen/wool percentages and w is the resultant wrinkliness coefficient?
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
More than wool and less than linen.

What were you expecting, a formula such that f(x,y)=w where x and y are the linen/wool percentages and w is the resultant wrinkliness coefficient?

post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
There is no generic answer. Depends on the weaving and quality of the wool & linen. I have a wool and linen suit from Moxon cloth. It wrinkles. Not as deeply as all linen cloth but it wrinkles. It is the optimal cloth if you want to wear linen without the resort look. If your office is not open to a more casual look it may not work or be appropriate. The suit will have a seasonal aspect to it. You won't be wearing it year round.

What he said (worn for about 4 hours standing, sitting, walking):



post #14 of 17
I have a similar mix wool linen Pal Zileri suit. It wrinkles a little more than pure wool but is much less prevalent than pure linen. For warm weather I'd say it is an excellent suit option but as Despos says it will vary a fair bit on the cloth and mix, some mixes do seem to wrinkle almost as much as pure linen.
post #15 of 17
I think it wrinkles a lot, no other explanation as to why this was written....

"Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee." -- Leviticus 19:19
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Does Wool/Linen Mix Wrinkle?