or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 66

post #976 of 4981
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentpax View Post




Fourth pair of Rancourts just arrived. Love my pinch pennies best, so I was planning on asking Kyle for a navy shell version with the honey RLH sole since January. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I'd prefer regular hides for kicking around. Shelved the idea until I saw a Rancourt tweet showing some colorful shoes. Once the colors became available in July I knew it was time to move it forward.
- Unlined Pinch Penny
- Royal Blue Rockford, navy stitched
- Honey RLH with natural midsole and beige stitching

you-win2.jpg
post #977 of 4981
Finally getting around to posting pics from my trip to Lewiston a couple months ago:


Kyle and me talking details.


Some suede options, the two naturl latex soles, and some deerskin lining.
post #978 of 4981
Royal Blue loafers are awesome. Nicely done.

Thanks for posting pics of your visit to Rancourt. Jealous. Would love to see the factory and get hands on with the MTO options.
post #979 of 4981
I like Kyles boat shoes.
They seem to have just the right amount of wear on them to look super comfortable and relaxed and not yet ratty.
I wish my Sebagos would look like that, but the leather has a plasticy shine to it and is just way too stiff.
post #980 of 4981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Dry Goods View Post

woah. looks like I have to talk to kyle about getting some swatches in here. these are KILLER

Managed to stop in PDG on my way through Portland the other day. Definitely worth the visit. Great shop with a lot of nice goods and had an extremely pleasant talk with the gentleman who helped me. Forgetting his name at the moment, but I'll edit when I think if it. And the Rancourt shoe bar is a very nice feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentpax View Post

Fourth pair of Rancourts just arrived. Love my pinch pennies best, so I was planning on asking Kyle for a navy shell version with the honey RLH sole since January. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I'd prefer regular hides for kicking around. Shelved the idea until I saw a Rancourt tweet showing some colorful shoes. Once the colors became available in July I knew it was time to move it forward.
- Unlined Pinch Penny
- Royal Blue Rockford, navy stitched
- Honey RLH with natural midsole and beige stitching

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Enjoy.

And completely understand not wanting to have shell beaters, but the shell can actually put up with a lot. That being said, I think some of the Horween cow hides are pretty indestructible. CXL of course, and let us know how the Rockford wears.
post #981 of 4981
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


And completely understand not wanting to have shell beaters, but the shell can actually put up with a lot. That being said, I think some of the Horween cow hides are pretty indestructible. CXL of course, and let us know how the Rockford wears.
Frank,

Will do. I have several pairs of shell, and I don't treat any of it too dearly. The choice to avoid shell wasn't a durability thing. It's was a hot climate thing.
post #982 of 4981
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentpax View Post

Frank,
Will do. I have several pairs of shell, and I don't treat any of it too dearly. The choice to avoid shell wasn't a durability thing. It's was a hot climate thing.

That makes a great deal of sense, considering how the extraordinarly hot summer has limited my own shell wear outside of the Rancourt beefrolls, which have a nice breathable fit for me.

Again, enjoy and definitely let us know at this Rockford leather is all about.
post #983 of 4981

I am interested in the 5 eyelet boot in some color suede, but wondered if anyone has done one with the Lactae Haeve sole (spelling wrong !!). I think one of the weatherproof suedes from red wing would be an interesting combination with this sole.

Has anybody made up such a boot?
Thanks much

N

post #984 of 4981
Don't think we've seen any boots with a RLH sole on here. Not sure, but it might be a little on the thin side for a boot. Perhaps the crepe sole would be better. Crepe soles are available with a step as well (see link below).

Also interested in the waterproof suedes. Please share any info you are able to gather. (e.g. colors available, comparisons with other types of suede etc)

Just a thought, but for the 5 eyelet boot, you might consider going blind eyed.

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/rancourt--co/product/the-grey-boot-5-eyelet-suede-moccasin-boot-grey-hickorees-exclusive
post #985 of 4981
Are there any discount codes for the main site?
post #986 of 4981
Doubt it.
post #987 of 4981

As it happens, Kyle offered to re-last the Venetian loafers on the 555. Not sure what last was on there before.  Nor am I sure when they will come in, but I must say the Rancourts are stand up business people.  I didn't ask for any consideration.  I was ready to move onto to something else, but I'm optimistic that the adjustments will work out fine.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


PhiPsi: Very sorry to hear that these didn't work out. The green suede is excellent. Glad to hear you are taking the mishap in stride. I can certainly understand sizing fatigue. Too bad this one wasn't even close so you could make it work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Can anyone comment on the whether Rancourt is using different lasts for their loafers (beefroll, pinch, weltline) and camp mocs?

 

They do use different lasts. For example, the BB chukkas that some of us bought are on what they call their 555 last. Kyle describes this as slightly narrower and shorter than the 800 last, which is the standard for the ranger moc. I had my green shell ranger mocs made on the 555 last and am pleased so far.
Not sure how many lasts they use overall.
post #988 of 4981
^^ That's awesome. Glad to hear things are working out, and Rancourt was eager to please.

Anybody know if the 555 last is the standard last for beefroll loafers? I'd like something a little more narrow than my beefrolls, maybe the 555 is the ticket?
post #989 of 4981

What's the best way to get in contact for MTO questions? I sent one through the site last week and haven't received a response. I'm trying to see if a cap toe on the blake boot is a possibility, I think it would look pretty nice in brown cxl or color 8.

post #990 of 4981
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

As it happens, Kyle offered to re-last the Venetian loafers on the 555. Not sure what last was on there before.  Nor am I sure when they will come in, but I must say the Rancourts are stand up business people.  I didn't ask for any consideration.  I was ready to move onto to something else, but I'm optimistic that the adjustments will work out fine.

Truly outstanding. We all know that buying MTO shoes by mail is a risk, and Rancourt's stated policy says as much. It does seem like very good business to me for them to help you out here as best they can. Perhaps they see it as investing in a long-term customer. Whatever the reason, here's to the relasting putting those great loafers on your feet. If this works, We'll have to keep an eye out for some very green suede shoes at airports around the country. We'll all know it's you. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

^^ That's awesome. Glad to hear things are working out, and Rancourt was eager to please.
Anybody know if the 555 last is the standard last for beefroll loafers? I'd like something a little more narrow than my beefrolls, maybe the 555 is the ticket?

My guess is that the beefrolls are not on the 555. Let me try to take a photo of my beefrolls next to my ranger mocs. They are different sizes (11E vs. 11.5D) in addition to being what I think are different lasts, so it may be comparing apples and oranges a bit too much, but I'll give it a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkminusbear View Post

What's the best way to get in contact for MTO questions? I sent one through the site last week and haven't received a response. I'm trying to see if a cap toe on the blake boot is a possibility, I think it would look pretty nice in brown cxl or color 8.

Taryn King is the new MTO manager at Rancourt. She's introduced herself here on the Rancourt thread a few pages back, so you can try to PM her. I'll also PM you her direct email address, in case someone else hasn't already. I think they have a customer service phone number on the website too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine