or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 489

post #7321 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post


Pics?

I've got Tod's.

My bro-in-law has the Westbrooks.

$355 aint bad at all!

Funny how inconsistent they are about MTO upcharges. Supposed to be $50, but sometimes they say $100. In the past they have charged me less than $50 and just an upcharge for a more expensive sole.

Sorry, I don't have any live pics, but these are the Westbrooks that I have in Congnac...

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/american-driving-mocs/westbrook-driving-moc-14057.html

And these are the Tod's I'm interested in...

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/tods-gommini-driving-shoe-men/4065532?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=HAZEL%20SUEDE

Very sharp looking. I'm really digging the woven leather front tie with branded shoelace clasps.
post #7322 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post


Sorry, I don't have any live pics, but these are the Westbrooks that I have in Congnac...

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/american-driving-mocs/westbrook-driving-moc-14057.html

And these are the Tod's I'm interested in...

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/tods-gommini-driving-shoe-men/4065532?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=HAZEL%20SUEDE

Very sharp looking. I'm really digging the woven leather front tie with branded shoelace clasps.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

XXM0LR00051RE0S800-E-Tods-gommino-loafer-Dark-brown-008.jpg

post #7323 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





XXM0LR00051RE0S800-E-Tods-gommino-loafer-Dark-brown-008.jpg

Very nice! Those are the City Gommino Loafers, which are more of a full rubber sole driver. Definitely more durable than the Gommino Drivers, but I prefer the later.
post #7324 of 7493
After painstaking deliberation, I ordered my first pair of Rancourts - Clymer 2.0 ranger mocs in dark olive. Had some difficulty deciding between the Cristy and rlh sole (Robinson ranger moc) but ended up liking the casual look of the cristy sole for what I want. I may decide to resole differently down the road. Will be sure to post pics when they arrive.
post #7325 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianguy View Post

After painstaking deliberation, I ordered my first pair of Rancourts - Clymer 2.0 ranger mocs in dark olive. Had some difficulty deciding between the Cristy and rlh sole (Robinson ranger moc) but ended up liking the casual look of the cristy sole for what I want. I may decide to resole differently down the road. Will be sure to post pics when they arrive.

Solid choice. Will look forward to photos.
post #7326 of 7493
Hi gents, so I ordered my ranger mocs in my Brannock size (7.5 D) based on the advice of a rancourt rep but now I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information regarding this topic.

Should I have gone down .5 for the 800 last? It might still be possible for me to change my order. For the record, I wear a 7.5 D in Allen Edmonds and have never worn a size lower than that in any brand. Thanks in advance.
post #7327 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianguy View Post

Hi gents, so I ordered my ranger mocs in my Brannock size (7.5 D) based on the advice of a rancourt rep but now I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information regarding this topic.

Should I have gone down .5 for the 800 last? It might still be possible for me to change my order. For the record, I wear a 7.5 D in Allen Edmonds and have never worn a size lower than that in any brand. Thanks in advance.


 I go Brannock.

post #7328 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

 I go Brannock.

Thanks for the reassurance. I will hold strong on my decision.
post #7329 of 7493
Also, slightly too big you can work with. Slightly too small you can't.

I think you'll be fine.
post #7330 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Also, slightly too big you can work with. Slightly too small you can't.

I think you'll be fine.

Good point. I guess I'm just a little nervous because shipping costs to canada are insane ($36 USD for one pair of shoes) so I'm really hoping to get it right the first time. Many thanks for your input.
post #7331 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianguy View Post

Good point. I guess I'm just a little nervous because shipping costs to canada are insane ($36 USD for one pair of shoes) so I'm really hoping to get it right the first time. Many thanks for your input.

I hear you. Wrong fit is no fun.

Not that you really want to get into this, but I believe Rancourt can last the shoe down to a smaller size during a resole.
post #7332 of 7493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I hear you. Wrong fit is no fun.

Not that you really want to get into this, but I believe Rancourt can last the shoe down to a smaller size during a resole.

Cool, that's good to know.
post #7333 of 7493
Can someone help me with a question on sole structure. I have a Baxter and it is very comfortable on the balls of my feet maybe due to the leather midsole. I'd also like to buy a Classic Ranger with natural Chromexcel and the new red sole. Is this Classic sole as comfortable as the Baxter? I have the Westport Loafer without the leather midsole and it's rough on the feet if used outdoors for long distances. I'm looking for a city and country shoe.
post #7334 of 7493
Cross post, here are my Rancourt shell pinch penny loafers. So so comfy. Love these.

post #7335 of 7493
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Cross post, here are my Rancourt shell pinch penny loafers. So so comfy. Love these.

 

Agree on the comfort. Been wearing these a lot due to the 90+ degree days we've continued to have.  Note to self: need more unlined shell in my life.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine