@Joenobody0 Thanks for sharing. I think I am leaning towards ordering the 7D as I feel the 7.5 will likely be a little loose, especially once the leather breaks in.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 481
For you guys wearing E width handsewns, any recommendations for a durable, everyday casual boot ? I'm talking Blake boot style, not handsewns. I've heard rumor about Rancourt coming out with an E width for the John last, or a new last entirely, I'm not sure. But until then, any suggestions for different companies offering a higher volume boot?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not an E width myself, but I found that Rancourt's Acadia last runs very, very wide. Rancourts typically fit me very well in a D width, but with that last I was completely lost in my usual 13D. I ended up with a 12D and still have plenty of width (but sadly not enough length...). Even though labeled D, this feels much more like an E width from my perspective. This is also consistent with Rancourt's description of the Acadia last as "a fuller fit and larger toe perfect for wearing heavier socks and providing all the comfort and durability you expect from a workboot." – this is actually an understatement.
In Rancourt's current range, the --> Russell Boot is done on the Acadia last.
In one of the forums Kyle did provide details on how their various lasts fit, they should include this info on their website, IMO. It seems their boot last is the roomiest (thick socks?) the penny and camp mocs are snugger (to combat heel slipping) and their blucher is in the middle. This is all fine and makes sense, but ask for their advice and they tell people to order down a 1/2 size and that all their lasts fit the same. People who spend $300 on boats shoes are expert buyers, IMO, I think they could be more forthcoming and descriptive on their lasts.
Reading this thread it seems most people think they run a little big vs Brannock size but my experience is the opposite. Either that or they are just inconsistent.
All that said, I am a big fan of their shoes, how they make them and their story. They have been really innovative in their soles, which I really dig. I am about to order a Clymer (ranger moc style, trooper sole) in 11e, I will see how that goes. Bluchers are far more forgiving for high insteps.
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of suede penny loafers (probably the Cumberland, but maybe the Kudu), and was hoping to get some sizing advice. I currently have both a Clymer boot and Blake chukka in 9.5 D that fit well. Would you recommend sizing down or sticking with the 9.5D? I'll almost certainly wear them mostly with socks.
There's no question about that. I have a decent fitting pair in 8D and special ordered the same shoe/last in 7.5B for sockless wear. Guess what? The 7.5B fit about a half size bigger than the 8D. Too much hassle for me.
I have a CXL Pinch Penny Loafer from them size 7D which fits perfect (shoe on the left) Because I live in NYC and the soles on those shoes are rather thin (not good for extended walking), I did a custom order with a Lactae Hevea sole in same size - it's definitely 1/2 size too big (shoe on the right). I've let them know, waiting to see what they'll say.
Edited by makingmark - 6/11/16 at 6:16am
I have a CXL Pinch Penny Loafer from them size 7D which fits perfect. Because I live in NYC and the soles on those shoes are rather thin (not good for extended walking), I did a custom order with a Lactae Hevea sole in same size - it's definitely 1/2 size too big. I've let them know, waiting to see what they'll say.
Was your custom order also a penny? In my experience the pennies are tight across the instep. If you ordered a blucher or boat shoe it will fot larger than the penny. If you ordered a penny and it is too big, well then they are inconsistent.
Iirc the penny is on a different, narrower, last than the blucher.
in about a month we'll be receiving some summer styles, including a few repros of our kudu slip ons from last year. if you missed your chance on these you should shoot me a message and lock in a size since we won't be able to do a re-order on them this year. I can personally recommend these seeing as i wore them throughout the winter on days where the sidewalk wasn't iced over, and now as we're back through spring I'm still putting them on before any other shoe.
we'll also have a new boat shoe style and some womens options for handsewns. trying to keep things summer friendly as we prepare some ideas for fall!
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 52 seconds ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Velasca Shoes 25 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 26 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 35 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Shepherd Check Blazer sz 40 or 42 41 minutes ago
- › Dry Cleaning vs. Washing Jeans 44 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 49 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 49 minutes ago
- › New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply 51 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...