Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 477
That stitch is a perennial problem with any handsewn makers. Rancourt in current runs now uses a box stitch (where a rectangle is stitched around the penny slot) instead of running stitches down the length of the saddle. This has been controversial, as some (myself included) think the box ruins the aesthetic. However, it's not their fault that the full length stitch runs like that, and they're kind of in a bad spot. Especially as the shoes that people are getting right now are from an old run. That said, if you send them to Rancourt, they can probably patch that right up, and their customer service has been spectacular.
I recall the issue you speak of, and I am in the same camp re the aesthetic.
FWIW, the instance that I had in which this occurred was on a Blake boot, not a handsewn.
Ya, def in line with OSB and Quoddy. I'm speaking more in terms of their $495 calf boots and their bluchers than their handsewns.
¡Que Viva Rancourt!
Yep. I don't see myself buying anything other than the handsewns unless I really really need a shell Blake boot. Haven't found the other Blake stitched offerings really work for my feet, quality and price aside.
Personally I don't think Rancourt has the lasts for that kind of shoe. Shape just doesn't work... Shell options do make it tempting but not tempting enough.
Do we know what else, if anything, is on the 2592?
I'm wondering if I have pair on the last. I'll have to see if I can find the order from a few years ago.
I believe that's the same last they use for a lot of Eastland's (and other private label) boots. Size for size, it's longer and has a wider toebox, compared to the 800 last. Personally, it's one of my favorite lasts for handsewn boots - I'm wearing some Rancourt x Trask bourbon cavalier boots today on the 2592. I'm not sure how it'd look in Ranger Moc form, but it's certainly worth a try, since it is a comfortable last.
HERE's a link to pictures of my Rancourt x Trask bison chukkas, which are on the 2592 last. For sizing, on the brannock I measure 9.5D (L) and 9E (R), and I take a 9 in the 2592 last. I have about 1/8" of room in front of my left foot and about 1/4" in front of my right.
I'd say it's about 1/2 size larger than the 800 last. In my size 9 Ranger Mocs (800 last), my toes touch the end. In my size 9 (2592 last) chukkas and boots, I have plenty of room for my toes, even with medium weight socks.
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway