I'm pretty sure you should call this leather "Maine Crocodile"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 461
I've been toying with joining the club by ordering a pair of bison penny loafers, and this may just have pushed me over the edge...
Though harder to justify ordering loafers given winter will be upon us soon (and I'm in the upper midwest).
Sorry if I stole your thunder by posting it here, but I did give you about 24hrs to act since it was first posted on Insta.
IT'S OFFICIAL AND IN WRITING! OLIVE BISONS TO BE DELIVERED EARLY!
(Just Kidding, Of Course)
BTW, @cathpah I love the Maine Crocodile idea.
Thinking the exact same thing. Maybe call it 'Cadia Gator. Dustin, looking at this, it looks like the stitching is cream or white - I thought the specs were "tonal" stitching? I'm not at all upset if it is cream or white - I actually would prefer that. Just wanted to check though.
and yeah friends I've shown this too all think its from a lizard. turns out the bison in maine have developed a camouflage to blend in with the evergreens
oh, and no thunder stolen. I was on the fence about posting them - sometimes it's fun to see if things get dug up on their own
The real update for this delivery is our Olive Bison Mackworth Mocc. Some of you will be receiving preorders in the near future. I wanted to thank those of you who preordered this style; we do very short runs and it allows for us to produce a slightly larger volume and helps me justify some of my stranger ideas for custom makeups. Thanks for trusting our eye for this stuff!
All of the above faith in the product makes it so much more rewarding when I see the shoes first hand and think they look amazing. The olive bison has beautiful coloring and texture, the lining gives it the perfect amount of structure.
For those of you who didn't pick up a preorder, we've got this in stock for $355. Limited size run per usual, and as far as I'm aware we wont have a chance to restock these for the holidays. Each pair comes with the usual shoe horn & bags, but I wanted to do something little and special for the holiday season. Christmas is a ways out but I wanted this shoe to double as something festive (without going full blown ugly sweater mode) – I had a few plans on how to do that but one in particular was the most simple, and I like that it doubles as a small bonus for our customers.
I thought it would be fun to do it as a surprise so I didn't mention in the pre-order, but it's something for everybody so I'll be sharing it now – I asked our rep to cut a bunch of cinnamon rawhide laces to put in each box. The shoes were put together with chestnut to make them simple – olive bison is fairly stand-outish on it's own, so I didn't want to default with a brighter lace, but I wanted the opportunity to make a slightly cheesy red & green shoe for christmas. Luckily the tones of red & green in the leather here aren't bright and crazy, so even with the cinnamon laces these shoes maintain some sophistication. As I personally packed the laces, I noticed they were a bit long – I decided to leave them in case you guys wanted to use them for another shoe. They should be easy enough to trim with a pair of scissors to whatever size you need, and the extra 2-4” of lace might help sneak these into a 5-eyelet boot.
Bit of a ramble, but here they are! Photo seems to have taken on some 2-tone effect on the leather but I assure you theres only one type of olive bison used. Hope you guys like them as much as I do.
Orders or questions can be placed directly with me via pm or email, or over the phone at the shop. We're redoing our website so they wont be online for some time, but as soon as the new page is up these will be as well. I'll be excited to see these on people in the near future, so shoot me photos if you're rocking yours!
@Portland Dry Goods thanks so much for the detailed post and I have to say when I saw the pictures that were posted earlier I was not sure if they would be too out there for me from a grain standpoint as i do not really care for crok, snake or shark....but the picture you just posted makes me VERY happy - and the laces are a great treat- thanks!
@Portland Dry Goods
thanks so much for the detailed post and I have to say when I saw the pictures that were posted earlier I was not sure if they would be too out there for me from a grain standpoint as i do not really care for crok, snake or shark....but the picture you just posted makes me VERY happy - and the laces are a great treat- thanks!
No reptiles were harmed in the making of this shoe!
Not a great pairing...
Pretty good day...all arriving today
When I get in front of my computer I will spoiler all but the first image so I don't hog the page
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...