Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 344
Styleforum Top Picks
So one more addendum. Dustin at PDG was awesome to work with and I highly recommend going through him. Not that Rancourt us difficult at all by the way. They've always been responsive to my emails too. Dustin I'm already dreaming up my next order! One other thing: lead time was 40 days from placing the order to delivery.
glad to be of help. you've also dreamed up one of my future purchases with those shearlings. I almost regret not doing it on my own boots!
They do. The first Rancourts I got were the hand-sewn camp-mocs with the rubber sole in brown cxl so now I have them in the boot version. These are just as comfortable.
What's the fit like on those shearlings? What size is the shearling vs the ranger moc or loafer?
I finally destroyed my ugg tasmans after 4 years of wear...they were always ugly but insanely comfortable. Would love to step up to something that actually looks good.
Would also love to know if the sock lining (I think that's what they call the bottom of the foot lining) is replaceable? That was the first thing to go on my uggs.
just curious, would you wear these in the winter time? how do you think a camp-sole would fair with snow?
The camp sole is not ideal in the ice and snow but I've worn worse. I honestly don't think it's any worse than Rancourt's Tempest sole (or the Dainite sole) which I've always found to be much less grippy than other people report and have never understood the love of. If I lived somewhere like Chicago or NYC where I was liable to be out walking much more than we do in Detroit I would be less likely to wear these in the winter. Around here though, they will probably still get a fair amount of use unless it is absolutely freezing or if there are 6" or more of snow, and even then the lack of a lining is what will keep me from wearing them, not the sole.
In the only pair of shearling-lined shoes I've tried on from Rancourt (at the factory), they were only partially lined, and had no shearling in the forefoot/toes (where I'd really want it). I'm sure there shearling lining would get squished down in that area and would likely make sizing a lot more difficult, but as potential slippers I was disappointed by this. Does anyone know if it's possible to get them fully shearling lined?
- RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
- › Viberg Boots 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...