Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Marketplace
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 344
Styleforum Top Picks
So one more addendum. Dustin at PDG was awesome to work with and I highly recommend going through him. Not that Rancourt us difficult at all by the way. They've always been responsive to my emails too. Dustin I'm already dreaming up my next order! One other thing: lead time was 40 days from placing the order to delivery.
glad to be of help. you've also dreamed up one of my future purchases with those shearlings. I almost regret not doing it on my own boots!
They do. The first Rancourts I got were the hand-sewn camp-mocs with the rubber sole in brown cxl so now I have them in the boot version. These are just as comfortable.
What's the fit like on those shearlings? What size is the shearling vs the ranger moc or loafer?
I finally destroyed my ugg tasmans after 4 years of wear...they were always ugly but insanely comfortable. Would love to step up to something that actually looks good.
Would also love to know if the sock lining (I think that's what they call the bottom of the foot lining) is replaceable? That was the first thing to go on my uggs.
just curious, would you wear these in the winter time? how do you think a camp-sole would fair with snow?
The camp sole is not ideal in the ice and snow but I've worn worse. I honestly don't think it's any worse than Rancourt's Tempest sole (or the Dainite sole) which I've always found to be much less grippy than other people report and have never understood the love of. If I lived somewhere like Chicago or NYC where I was liable to be out walking much more than we do in Detroit I would be less likely to wear these in the winter. Around here though, they will probably still get a fair amount of use unless it is absolutely freezing or if there are 6" or more of snow, and even then the lack of a lining is what will keep me from wearing them, not the sole.
In the only pair of shearling-lined shoes I've tried on from Rancourt (at the factory), they were only partially lined, and had no shearling in the forefoot/toes (where I'd really want it). I'm sure there shearling lining would get squished down in that area and would likely make sizing a lot more difficult, but as potential slippers I was disappointed by this. Does anyone know if it's possible to get them fully shearling lined?
- RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › How many meters did you swim today? 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015