or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 334

post #4996 of 5502
HA ha.. So now I have to get a belt that matches or at least closely matches my chukka's. Where did you guys buy your belts?
post #4997 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

HA ha.. So now I have to get a belt that matches or at least closely matches my chukka's. Where did you guys buy your belts?

You can probably get Rancourt or @Portland Dry Goods to make you one. I don't think they stock anything in that color suede or what the state of belt MTOs is, but worth a try.

Or you could just forget about matching and wear whatever with them... smile.gif

I take it they are feeling more comfortable?
post #4998 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

HA ha.. So now I have to get a belt that matches or at least closely matches my chukka's. Where did you guys buy your belts?

any chance you're a 32 belt size?
post #4999 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

HA ha.. So now I have to get a belt that matches or at least closely matches my chukka's. Where did you guys buy your belts?

You can probably get Rancourt or @Portland Dry Goods to make you one. I don't think they stock anything in that color suede or what the state of belt MTOs is, but worth a try.

Or you could just forget about matching and wear whatever with them... smile.gif

I take it they are feeling more comfortable?

 

My impression is that Rancourt is as flexible with MTO belts as they are with MTO shoes . . . which is to say, very.  If you go that route, though, be prepared to wait a little while for yours, as their belt guy seems to be a few weeks behind schedule.

post #5000 of 5502

i need some opinions. 

 

so i bought a pair of the beefroll in 5.5D, they fit nice and snug- toes to the box and have stretched out

 

i bought a pair in 6D on sale @ $160 (the BoO collab) but theres  a small gap in the front of the toe box.

 

is that a keeper or will i kick myself once it stretches out a bit?

post #5001 of 5502

I personally prefer my shoes not to start off tight or even snug at the toes. To be quite honest, I dun really understand the fascination with people sizing down so much on jeans and shoes. If it fits well, it will not stretch to the point that it becomes unwearable but that's just me. 

post #5002 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticchasm View Post

i need some opinions. 

so i bought a pair of the beefroll in 5.5D, they fit nice and snug- toes to the box and have stretched out

i bought a pair in 6D on sale @ $160 (the BoO collab) but theres  a small gap in the front of the toe box.

is that a keeper or will i kick myself once it stretches out a bit?

I've got the same issue. I purchased a couple pairs of the Blake Chukkas in 10.5D and they fit quite snug right now but should conform slightly as I wear them. I also purchased the shoes in 11D for comparison. They fit without any squishing right now. I'm planning on keeping the 10.5Ds.

I also bought a pair of Venetian loafers in 11D (smaller sizes sold out). The standard advice in this thread is that I should have bought a 10D - one half size down from the Blakes. However, I did purchase a pair of 10D in a different pair of Venetian loafers a few months ago and had to return them because they were way too small - I can't imagine that they would have stretched sufficiently to be comfortable.

That makes me believe that 10.5D is the correct size in the handsewn loafers for me. But, like I said, they were sold out. The 11D venetian loafers I purchased are a half size up from my supposedly correct Blake size and they do fit comfortably right now although there is a bit of extra room in the toebox. I want to keep them and hope for the best but this thread suggests that they will stretch out so much that I will no longer be able to wear them.

I'm a bit confused why they will stretch so much if they aren't tight to begin with though...
post #5003 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

I've got the same issue. I purchased a couple pairs of the Blake Chukkas in 10.5D and they fit quite snug right now but should conform slightly as I wear them. I also purchased the shoes in 11D for comparison. They fit without any squishing right now. I'm planning on keeping the 10.5Ds.

I also bought a pair of Venetian loafers in 11D (smaller sizes sold out). The standard advice in this thread is that I should have bought a 10D - one half size down from the Blakes. However, I did purchase a pair of 10D in a different pair of Venetian loafers a few months ago and had to return them because they were way too small - I can't imagine that they would have stretched sufficiently to be comfortable.

That makes me believe that 10.5D is the correct size in the handsewn loafers for me. But, like I said, they were sold out. The 11D venetian loafers I purchased are a half size up from my supposedly correct Blake size and they do fit comfortably right now although there is a bit of extra room in the toebox. I want to keep them and hope for the best but this thread suggests that they will stretch out so much that I will no longer be able to wear them.

I'm a bit confused why they will stretch so much if they aren't tight to begin with though...
They will stretch out as you walk in them since you put more stress on the leather when you do so. This happened to me in a pair that was not tight to begin with either.
post #5004 of 5502
Also a good amount of the stretch occurs because a shoe is made in CXL, in my experience. Other leathers don't stretch nearly as much. So how much the venetians stretch will depend on the material.
post #5005 of 5502
Does anybody have any insight on the difference between the Rapello suede and the Orion suede? Or what suede is used for the Clymer 2.0 suede moccasins?

I sent a message off to Rancourt but haven't heard back yet and I'm anxious. I think this cool weather we've been having in Detroit has got me thinking about my fall wardrobe a bit early and I want get an order in for some navy suede ranger mocs.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5006 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopRupp View Post


They will stretch out as you walk in them since you put more stress on the leather when you do so. This happened to me in a pair that was not tight to begin with either.

did you end up keeping that pair? how's it working out for you?

post #5007 of 5502
Received my #8 shell BB x Rancourt boat shoes today. They are awesome, planning on getting 10-20 years out of these boat shoes for sure. A bit snug, but already loosening up. And I'm liking the sole color a lot more than I'd expected. For <$400, a great deal on them too.



post #5008 of 5502
Those really do look great and the seem pretty much perfect for you. What a nice pair of Rancourts. Funny, you could make those up in the custom shoe builder, for what, $605?

Enjoy.
post #5009 of 5502
Yeah, I'd been eyeing them on the BB sale site for a few months, waited for a 15% off coupon to drop them below $400, and jumped ($388 with NY tax). My MiM collection is getting a bit out of hand, but no regrets.
post #5010 of 5502
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Received my #8 shell BB x Rancourt boat shoes today. They are awesome, planning on getting 10-20 years out of these boat shoes for sure. A bit snug, but already loosening up. And I'm liking the sole color a lot more than I'd expected. For <$400, a great deal on them too.



Very cool. Mega props on getting the horween stamp :slayer:. Keep posting fading pix.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine