or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 312

post #4666 of 5327

Apropos of recent production delays, I was just notified that my custom Parisian blue SWs that were targeted for Monday the 9th are in fact shipping today.  Score one for Rancourt!

 

I ordered some belts the same day that were also targeted for the 9th so we'll see how much longer it is until I get that shipping notice as well.

post #4667 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Apropos of recent production delays, I was just notified that my custom Parisian blue SWs that were targeted for Monday the 9th are in fact shipping today.  Score one for Rancourt!

 

I ordered some belts the same day that were also targeted for the 9th so we'll see how much longer it is until I get that shipping notice as well.

Belts were a problem for me.

They took 2x the quoted time.

I was also disappointed with the Color 8 shell. It was very orange looking.

I have to send them photos.

post #4668 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Apropos of recent production delays, I was just notified that my custom Parisian blue SWs that were targeted for Monday the 9th are in fact shipping today.  Score one for Rancourt!

 

I ordered some belts the same day that were also targeted for the 9th so we'll see how much longer it is until I get that shipping notice as well.

Belts were a problem for me.

They took 2x the quoted time.

I was also disappointed with the Color 8 shell. It was very orange looking.

I have to send them photos.

 

Hm - that does not augur well. One of mine is a Color 8 CXL.  Hopefully that will be up to spec.  The other two are navy and green shell.

post #4669 of 5327

Finally ordered the BB Rancourt Cordovan Boat Shoes. They had my size  in stock for once, and they are on sale at 30% off.


Edited by dddrees - 6/6/14 at 5:32pm
post #4670 of 5327
Winn Perry exclusive, looks pretty good for year round casual shoe

post #4671 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastquestion View Post
 

If you're disappointed by Rancourt's color 8, take it up with Horween. Rancourt's #8 shell comes straight from them.

How about this.

Rancourt does dye some of their shell. 

I personally don't know about their color 8.

 

I also know that Aldens color 8 is refinished. 

This is not color 8.

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/leather-goods/belt-shell-cordovan-color-8-1-25-wide-6231-roller-buckle-matte-silver-tan-russet-lining-matching-stitching-stitched-edge-buckle-and-keeper-size-32.html

 

 

 

 

post #4672 of 5327
There is nothing color8 about that belt, BK. WTF?
post #4673 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

There is nothing color8 about that belt, BK. WTF?


Might it be #8 Chromexcel?

post #4674 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Might it be #8 Chromexcel?
He mentioned a couple posts up that it was shell.
post #4675 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


He mentioned a couple posts up that it was shell.


II know, but it looks more like Chromexcel to me.

post #4676 of 5327

100% shell. 

post #4677 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

100% shell. 
50% Color8
post #4678 of 5327

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

How about this.

Rancourt does dye some of their shell. 

I personally don't know about their color 8.

 

I also know that Aldens color 8 is refinished. 

This is not color 8.

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/leather-goods/belt-shell-cordovan-color-8-1-25-wide-6231-roller-buckle-matte-silver-tan-russet-lining-matching-stitching-stitched-edge-buckle-and-keeper-size-32.html

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Actually your trying to compare the belt to the wrong pairs of shoes (Alden). You would get a better match comparing it to a pair of color #8s from Rancourt.

 

 

 

Bottom row second from left Color #8 Rancourt Ranger Mocks.

 

 

Bottom row third from left Color #8s Alden Wingtips.

 

 

Color #8s from Rancourt and Alden are a bit different.

 

But then again this is true for all of Alden's shell colors. Alden finishes their Cordovan like no other.

post #4679 of 5327
I've seen #8 that looks that color, and there is a lot of variance in #8 shell. But really, the problem is that your picture is so low contrast, under exposed, and grainy that we can barely see any of the details in it, let alone color variations. Take a better picture in brighter light, so we can actually see the belt.
post #4680 of 5327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastquestion View Post
 

If you're disappointed by Rancourt's color 8, take it up with Horween. Rancourt's #8 shell comes straight from them.

How about this.

Rancourt does dye some of their shell. 

I personally don't know about their color 8.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Katie at Rancourt told me that Color 8 and natural come straight from Horween, and Rancourt dyes all the other colors themselves.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine