or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 276

post #4126 of 5306
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Fok,

We're you ever able to gain any traction with this? I would still love a marbled shell loafer or some other really unique idea

I'll be interested in some a MTO, not limited to shell. Anything cool will do. or Maybe we can have two models going. One summer shoe and one winter boot. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4127 of 5306
I'd still be interested in a Styleforum x Rancourt makeup. My suggestion - a blue suede beefroll loafer or unlined Ranger Moc. I'm suggesting it for no other reason than I'm considering ordering something like that from them and if we can get it for a few $$$ less....
post #4128 of 5306
There wouldn't be any discount on a group purchase, and even with a waived MTO charge it would still just be the same price as getting them through PDG (which will waive the MTO charge for you). So there isn't any motivation for a group buy as there is for, say, Viberg where you need the group to even get an order, or some other brands where you need a group to get a MTO order. There's no need for people to agree on a consensus makeup if everyone can just get their ideal pair at the same price.
post #4129 of 5306
I disagree. Kyle had offered 10% off in the past so I wouldn't say a discount is out of the question.
post #4130 of 5306
My understanding was that the 10% off Kyle offered is basically the same 10% off you'd get through PDG. Basically, take the custom price and go down to their pre-designed prices. But if he's offering 10% off the pre-designed prices, well, that's a different ball game.
post #4131 of 5306
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I disagree. Kyle had offered 10% off in the past so I wouldn't say a discount is out of the question.

10% off retail, or 10% off retail+mto fee? If it's the former, it would be worth it. If it's the latter, PDG would be cheaper and I could get exactly what I wanted.

post #4132 of 5306
I'd probably be in for a navy suede beefroll.
post #4133 of 5306
I was actually considering doing a parisian blue CXL loafer with the reltex honey... blue suede is a nice idea.
post #4134 of 5306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Dry Goods View Post

I was actually considering doing a parisian blue CXL loafer with the reltex honey... blue suede is a nice idea.

I'm not married to blue suede, but would like a blue of some sort.
post #4135 of 5306
Well if I can get 8 of you guys to come to a conclusion on details I'd happily talk to my camp and try to work something out!

would be fun to put together something unique for the forums
post #4136 of 5306

The Parisian blue is pretty damn nice.  Nice and vibrant, without being "too much."  

 

RLH = perfection.

post #4137 of 5306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Dry Goods View Post

I was actually considering doing a parisian blue CXL loafer with the reltex honey... blue suede is a nice idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathpah View Post

The Parisian blue is pretty damn nice.  Nice and vibrant, without being "too much."  

RLH = perfection.

Parisian blue cxl sounds right to me. and honey RLH might just work better, though I was thinking crepe.
post #4138 of 5306
Is there a special email to get in touch with them or do they just take a long time to respond?
post #4139 of 5306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post


Parisian blue cxl sounds right to me. and honey RLH might just work better, though I was thinking crepe.

the reason we've done RLH over plantation crepe in the past is because the RLH is heeled, giving it a more dressy profile than the wedge would. a wedge on a loafer still looks great, but the RLH sole really is something unique - just as comfortable, perhaps more durable, and far dressier. either one would work well, it boils down mostly to personal opinion
post #4140 of 5306
The RLH sole is truly amazing. I have it on my ranger mocs and am almost eager to wear through the leather soles on my penny loafers so I can get them resoled with RLH.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine