or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 268

post #4006 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

These were my first custom make-ups from Rancourt a bit more than 2 years ago. I've worn them sparingly but I've vowed to get much more use out of them this spring and summer.


Navy shell cordovan beefroll penny loafers

I like those, that navy looks real good.

post #4007 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I'm looking forward to swapping out the leather soles on my Beefrolls too. Maybe at the end of the summer. I might go with RLH. We'll see.

thinking about a suede ranger moc or shell loafer with RLH for summer

post #4008 of 4992
After wearing my CXL rangers with socks all winter, they are now too big to wear without socks. So... still awesome (and at some point I'll post some picks) but I think it's definitely safe to say that I can't dual purpose these CXL shoes. smile.gif Not like I don't have a huge assortment to wear without socks this summer.
post #4009 of 4992
This seems to be a problem especially unique to CXL. Size down...I learned the hard way so far.

My Indy boots are by far the worst culprit, to the point where I needed insoles.
post #4010 of 4992
Those were sized down, to the point where I actually had some sores and callouses on my foot smile.gif
post #4011 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

thinking about a suede ranger moc or shell loafer with RLH for summer


Either one sounds good. They have sine nice MTO suede rangers on RLH.

I'd like a suede pinch penny on RLH or boat sole. Fortunately that's not in the Custom selection...
post #4012 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Either one sounds good. They have sine nice MTO suede rangers on RLH.

I'd like a suede pinch penny on RLH or boat sole. Fortunately that's not in the Custom selection...

Snuff suede beefroll would be awesome!

I really like their snuff "full strap" loafer, even though it's got a leather sole.
post #4013 of 4992
Yup. That full strap loafer is nice too. Both that and the pinch penny offer a pleasantly low profile compared to the beefroll. Just different animals is all.
post #4014 of 4992

Can anyone advise me on sizing for ranger mocs? I'd be wearing sockless most of the time. I used the sizing chart on their website, it said I should get 11.5E on my left and 12E on my right. Can I order two different sized feet in the ready made, or would I have to order custom? From what I've gathered from this thread, the chart is pretty off.

 

I went to an Allen Edmonds store in NY and after being fitted with a brannok, the sales guy tried to get me into a 10.5D, but they were not comfortable.

 

I have AE strands in 11D that are a little tight, pretty good fit with very thin socks.

 

Neumoks in 11.5D are large on me (better with thicker socks, but still a little large)

 

Nike killshot 2 in 11.5D are a hair too small

 

Clark bushacre in 11 which I'm pretty happy with.

 

I've never really found a shoe that I've thought has fit me really well, and these are going to be my first large purchase in a more casual shoe. I know cxl is going to be really comfortable, I just want to get a fit I'm really happy with. Also, I know this is the rancourt thread so there may be a little bias, but how do you guys feel about these vs Quoddy bluchers? 

 

Cheers

post #4015 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollier View Post

Can anyone advise me on sizing for ranger mocs? I'd be wearing sockless most of the time. I used the sizing chart on their website, it said I should get 11.5E on my left and 12E on my right. Can I order two different sized feet in the ready made, or would I have to order custom? From what I've gathered from this thread, the chart is pretty off.

I went to an Allen Edmonds store in NY and after being fitted with a brannok, the sales guy tried to get me into a 10.5D, but they were not comfortable.

I have AE strands in 11D that are a little tight, pretty good fit with very thin socks.

Neumoks in 11.5D are large on me (better with thicker socks, but still a little large)

Nike killshot 2 in 11.5D are a hair too small

Clark bushacre in 11 which I'm pretty happy with.

I've never really found a shoe that I've thought has fit me really well, and these are going to be my first large purchase in a more casual shoe. I know cxl is going to be really comfortable, I just want to get a fit I'm really happy with. Also, I know this is the rancourt thread so there may be a little bias, but how do you guys feel about these vs Quoddy bluchers? 

Cheers

Sorry, I know nothing about Quoddy.

However, it sounds like you were an 11D Brannock, yes? Like he started TTS for the Strand although the last is narrow.

I'm 9D Brannock, and ordered 8.5D in the cxl ranger for sockless wear. CXL stretches like the dickens. FWIW I wear a 9.5 in the vast majority of NIke footwear.

My gut says 10.5D for your ranger mocs.
post #4016 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Yup. That full strap loafer is nice too. Both that and the pinch penny offer a pleasantly low profile compared to the beefroll. Just different animals is all.

Ya, after owning my beefrool. I have been constantly thinking my next one will be either a suede full strap or pinch penny.
post #4017 of 4992
Thanks for the pointers. I'm a little skeptical to order that small - do these really run that large? I can't remember the last time I wore a shoe less than 11, probably middle school. But I have also been wearing shoes too large for a good portion of my life. Like you said, cxl stretches a lot, but I was under the impression that was more in width than length. With a ruler, my foot is between 11-11.25" in length, 4.5" in width. Thanks again for the help.
post #4018 of 4992
^ It stretches in both directions. Honestly, width is the more important consideration, since that is what will render it too stretched out to wear. But your toes will push the shoe out up to 1/2 inch in my experience, if you order it short. The thing with unlined CXL is that it is very, very forgiving with sizing decisions. Other than loafers, where it might be tricky to get your foot into the shoe if it's too small, I'd say you can probably get your shoe within a half-size up or down and ultimately not have too many problems. Worst case scenario is that it ends up being a pair you wear with socks in the winter, and you go a bit smaller on the next pair.
post #4019 of 4992
Yeah, I made sure to order mine small because it's specifically for summer.

Good news is that Katie's last update predicted my MTO rangers to ship around the 17th, so I might have them next week!
post #4020 of 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollier View Post


Are you able to use their Made to Fit program? That could still prove tricky since it won't really tell you how the shoes will fit after they stretch, but you could order 10.5 and 11 and see if the 10.5 is clearly too small.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine