or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 251

post #3751 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooleo View Post

Maaan that bison leather is super sick. Was thinking about ordering a pair of ranger mocs anyways, anyone know if they could do a pair of ranger mocs with leather like that? 

They offer it as MTO (thought with a different sole) in their Robinson Ranger-moc.
post #3752 of 4278

^I had noticed that, but was thinking more along the lines of the traditional ranger moc sole. Or Possibly even a crepe sole, but I'm sure that could get more and more pricey

post #3753 of 4278
I'm in if we can do something cool.

Just saw that CXL rough out Trench at OSB. Whoa. Anyone know anything about this leather? How does it compare to the Mohave at Rancourt?
post #3754 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooleo View Post

^I had noticed that, but was thinking more along the lines of the traditional ranger moc sole. Or Possibly even a crepe sole, but I'm sure that could get more and more pricey

They'll swap that out for you. Email or call them. There'd be an up charge. But nothing killer. Or try talking with Portland Dry Goods. They can help you put together a makeup.

Btw. I like the sounds of what you are talking about.
post #3755 of 4278
Seconding consulting Portland Dry Goods. They are aware of options that Rancourt doesn't list. They can propose things you haven't actually seen on one of their shoes and might not have thought to ask if it was available.

That, and because of their arrangement with Rancourt, unlike most stores who charge a lot more for buying through them rather than direct, you'll get to kick cash to two great Maine businesses while not paying one cent extra!
post #3756 of 4278

Ordering a custom Rancourt wingtip just got a lot more attractive to me - they just teased a version of their Blake wingtip with a chunkier storm welt: http://instagram.com/p/jugdlwPrAL/

post #3757 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabatic View Post

Ordering a custom Rancourt wingtip just got a lot more attractive to me - they just teased a version of their Blake wingtip with a chunkier storm welt: http://instagram.com/p/jugdlwPrAL/

Just saw that, very nice new offerings for some casual shortwings.
post #3758 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBernier View Post

Seconding consulting Portland Dry Goods. They are aware of options that Rancourt doesn't list. They can propose things you haven't actually seen on one of their shoes and might not have thought to ask if it was available.

That, and because of their arrangement with Rancourt, unlike most stores who charge a lot more for buying through them rather than direct, you'll get to kick cash to two great Maine businesses while not paying one cent extra!

Couldn't agree more.  PDG is downright awesome, and all the guys who work there are exceedingly helpful.

post #3759 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by snchz View Post
 

Hi, could anyoune help me with sizing? I want to buy a pair of theese chukka horwen http://gentrynyc.com/collections/all-footwear/products/eastland-jefferson-dark-brown

 

I want to wear them with normal and thick socks in winter

 

Should I go TTS?

 

Thanks

I think you should go TTS. CXL tends to have good expansive properties, too.

 

And, I scored a pair for myself. Thanks for the heads up :nodding: Pics when I get them.   

post #3760 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 

FC I think you are a bit of an outlier. Rancourt's shoes typically fit a half size large, but with thick socks you will want to stay TTS.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

I think you should go TTS. CXL tends to have good expansive properties, too.

 

And, I scored a pair for myself. Thanks for the heads up :nodding: Pics when I get them.   

I concur (edit: with coolarrow).  I agree with anrobit on just about everything aside from this.  Size down 1/2 size when you plan on going sockless, especially with loafers...but on the rest of their handsewns (with any possibility of socks), I'd go TTS.  My 8.5s Rancourt Beefrolls are quite a bit tighter than my 8.5 OSB trail oxfords.


Edited by cathpah - 1/28/14 at 10:43pm
post #3761 of 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathpah View Post

I concur.  I agree with anrobit on just about everything aside from this.  Size down 1/2 size when you plan on going sockless, especially with loafers...but on the rest of their handsewns (with any possibility of socks), I'd go TTS.  My 8.5s Rancourt Beefrolls are quite a bit tighter than my 8.5 OSB trail oxfords.

I also concur on this. My loafer that I went TTS is now a little too big to go sockless, but fits perfect with thin socks.

My ranger mock which I went half a size larger than normal fits prefect with thick socks.
post #3762 of 4278
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Fooleo, we can definately help you with an MTO style. I've got something like 4 different bison leathers here and we've had a few shoes made up in them before so hit me with a PM with any questions and we can get an order drafted up for you
post #3763 of 4278

Decided to stop babying these and just wear them in the elements.  The tempest is kind of slippery on fresh powder.

 

post #3764 of 4278

They look great! They should definitely be in the rotation

post #3765 of 4278
@Bakes11771 I think those will look great with some wear on them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine