Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 210
Those are original wood floors from a really old building, and not a new floor made of reclaimed wood, right?
Edit: Also, nice shoes. I always appreciate it when people post pics. Next time, how about a different angle. I noticed you favor the top-down perspective in a lot of your photography.
Nice jeans too!
Two things to note: They made only one row of stitches on the tempest sole, so that the midsole isn't sewn in separately. Perfect, since these will inevitably be resoled.
Other thing: they shaved the leather slightly, so that it's pale pink on the inside and there's no horween stamp. That's probably both good and bad. The shell is much more breathable this way, so I'm sure that's why they did it. Much more comfortable to wear without socks. That said, no horween stamp.
Also, my laces are wayyyy too short. I'll have to cut my own, I guess.
So glad I got the shiny brass, I think they just look so much better with the #8 shell than the antique brass. Also, you can see how they shaved the shell. It feels like a short nap suede now, and is super comfortable to wear. Has less of that clammy feeling that wearing a lined shoe without socks can give you.
Also, noticed they didn't give me the double whip stitch. Ah well. Anyway, these are an amazing buy, can't wait to see everyone elses.
Pics: The color is most accurate in the last one, the palest red. Also, they got a bit chalky because I'm doing house work, and there is drywall powder everywhere.
Out of curiosity, is the shaving of the shell cordovan normal for Rancourt with their Rangers? Anyone else have experience with whether they've been doing that normally for them? I doubt it affects durability, but it occurs to me that I don't really know one way or another. I don't mind it, and it's actually incredibly comfortable, but curious others' experiences.
I didn't see any shaving for my rangers.
I could clearly see the horween mark inside the shoes
- › roblox tix hack 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › Opinions on Lindberg eyeglasses 8 minutes ago
- › CARMINA POLO SUEDE SEMI-BROGUE, RAIN LAST, 9,5 UK 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding