Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Marketplace
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 210
Styleforum Top Picks
Those are original wood floors from a really old building, and not a new floor made of reclaimed wood, right?
Edit: Also, nice shoes. I always appreciate it when people post pics. Next time, how about a different angle. I noticed you favor the top-down perspective in a lot of your photography.
Nice jeans too!
Two things to note: They made only one row of stitches on the tempest sole, so that the midsole isn't sewn in separately. Perfect, since these will inevitably be resoled.
Other thing: they shaved the leather slightly, so that it's pale pink on the inside and there's no horween stamp. That's probably both good and bad. The shell is much more breathable this way, so I'm sure that's why they did it. Much more comfortable to wear without socks. That said, no horween stamp.
Also, my laces are wayyyy too short. I'll have to cut my own, I guess.
So glad I got the shiny brass, I think they just look so much better with the #8 shell than the antique brass. Also, you can see how they shaved the shell. It feels like a short nap suede now, and is super comfortable to wear. Has less of that clammy feeling that wearing a lined shoe without socks can give you.
Also, noticed they didn't give me the double whip stitch. Ah well. Anyway, these are an amazing buy, can't wait to see everyone elses.
Pics: The color is most accurate in the last one, the palest red. Also, they got a bit chalky because I'm doing house work, and there is drywall powder everywhere.
Out of curiosity, is the shaving of the shell cordovan normal for Rancourt with their Rangers? Anyone else have experience with whether they've been doing that normally for them? I doubt it affects durability, but it occurs to me that I don't really know one way or another. I don't mind it, and it's actually incredibly comfortable, but curious others' experiences.
I didn't see any shaving for my rangers.
I could clearly see the horween mark inside the shoes
- RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 1 minute ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015