or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 192

post #2866 of 4989
If the coupon still works, what is it?
post #2867 of 4989
So, trying to decide whether to go with 9EE or 9.5EE on these custom shell rangers. I have 9EE CXL rangers and they fit perfectly, but started out really really snug. However, in his Reddit AMA Kyle made the comment that they engineer their shoes so that you can order shell and cxl in the same sizes. What does that mean? Do they make shell a bit looser so that it takes into account CXL's stretch?
post #2868 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

So, trying to decide whether to go with 9EE or 9.5EE on these custom shell rangers. I have 9EE CXL rangers and they fit perfectly, but started out really really snug. However, in his Reddit AMA Kyle made the comment that they engineer their shoes so that you can order shell and cxl in the same sizes. What does that mean? Do they make shell a bit looser so that it takes into account CXL's stretch?

Typically a shell cordovan shoe is a bit looser out of the box than a CXL shoe (if made on the indentical last). This is because the cordovan does not stretch like CXL and it cannot be pulled as tightly to the last as a CXL shoe. So if they engineer shell to fit like CXL out of the box then they MAY make it on a tiny bit smaller last. Just speculating to make my point clearer.

 

They are only accounting for the difference when first made, not for stretching when broken in.

post #2869 of 4989
Thanks, that's more or less what I was thinking. If it's just a bit looser on the last, then I'll go with the same size as my CXL rangers. If they purposefully use a slightly smaller last, then I'll go with with the 9.5EE. Those AE 800 shell cordovan loafers I tried on (in 9.5EEE) were way too loose, so if shell rangers on that last are that loose then I'll give them a try. I honestly don't know how they recommend the same size for the made to fit 114s and the rangers 800s, at least how I've tried on those lasts from other guys.

I of course shot Katie an email asking her for clarification for that, so hopefully she can clear that up.
post #2870 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Thanks, that's more or less what I was thinking. If it's just a bit looser on the last, then I'll go with the same size as my CXL rangers. If they purposefully use a slightly smaller last, then I'll go with with the 9.5EE. Those AE 800 shell cordovan loafers I tried on (in 9.5EEE) were way too loose, so if shell rangers on that last are that loose then I'll give them a try. I honestly don't know how they recommend the same size for the made to fit 114s and the rangers 800s, at least how I've tried on those lasts from other guys.

I of course shot Katie an email asking her for clarification for that, so hopefully she can clear that up.

The shell and CXL rangers should end up the same size out of the box. I don't know if I would size up for shell. They will just stay a bit snugger than CXL, but feel the same out of the box.

post #2871 of 4989

I wanted to get the 20% off on my Snuff Rangers on Aspen.  Here is what I learned.

 

 

 

If the Aspen sole is not available with the tool, it would not be able to be
selected and therefore receive the 20% discount. If you wanted to custom
design a shoe outside of the customization tool, I can certainly help you
with that, but the 20% discount would not apply.


selected and therefore receive the 20% discount. If you wanted to custom
design a shoe outside of the customization tool, I can certainly help you
with that, but the 20% discount would not apply.

post #2872 of 4989
I wonder why the Aspen sole isn't included.
post #2873 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I wonder why the Aspen sole isn't included.

 

I supposed it is because it is a relatively new sole and not one of their "primary" soles.  When they started making the MTO interface it might not have been introduced yet.  They probably just wanted to go ahead and get this beta version of the feature launched with the options they already have on it, rather than delaying it further to get all the options added.  IIRC, they originally wanted to launch the MTO page in January.  I guess the coupon code is more to get people to submit orders through the MTO page to test its functionality, or get them in the habit of using the feature, rather than to attract sales through the reduced price.

 

Just a thought.

post #2874 of 4989

What laces do you think go best with a blind eyelet snuff ranger?  The brown cord?  or those other cord laces that look like this?

 

 

 

Pic of Snuff Ranger for Reference (Click to show)

 

Was also thinking about switching them out to some funky laces like these (but maybe some less bright colors, they have a dark brown/light brown pattern that might work well.

 

post #2875 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I supposed it is because it is a relatively new sole and not one of their "primary" soles.  When they started making the MTO interface it might not have been introduced yet.  They probably just wanted to go ahead and get this beta version of the feature launched with the options they already have on it, rather than delaying it further to get all the options added.  IIRC, they originally wanted to launch the MTO page in January.  I guess the coupon code is more to get people to submit orders through the MTO page to test its functionality, or get them in the habit of using the feature, rather than to attract sales through the reduced price.

Just a thought.

You are probably exactly right. Seems like they probably want to get the MTO tool out there and then build from there. And considering that to my knowledge Rancourt has never before offered a discount code, it is pretty clearly designed to generate orders from the new design page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

What laces do you think go best with a blind eyelet snuff ranger?  The brown cord?  or those other cord laces that look like this? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Was also thinking about switching them out to some funky laces like these (but maybe some less bright colors, they have a dark brown/light brown pattern that might work well.



By brown cord, do you mean the ones shown in the spoiler photo? (Though I realize those aren't cord...) I think either the dark brown or the yellow/brown would work with snuff suede. For some reason the lighter color seems more traditional to me.

And that purple/yellow mix might be the crazy color that blends in best with snuff. I do like green and brown though.
post #2876 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


You are probably exactly right. Seems like they probably want to get the MTO tool out there and then build from there. And considering that to my knowledge Rancourt has never before offered a discount code, it is pretty clearly designed to generate orders from the new design page.
By brown cord, do you mean the ones shown in the spoiler photo? (Though I realize those aren't cord...) I think either the dark brown or the yellow/brown would work with snuff suede. For some reason the lighter color seems more traditional to me.

And that purple/yellow mix might be the crazy color that blends in best with snuff. I do like green and brown though.

The brown round laces that Rancourt puts in the Blake Boots.

 

Agreed.

post #2877 of 4989

Photos of my Green Shell Ranger Moc

Definitely love them, especially the spongy like reltex lactae hevea sole, very comfortable.

They make me wonder if the Alden's plantation crepe sole offers the same degree of comfort.

 

It turns out that 7E is the right size for me, at least for Rancourt's lace shoes, just some minor heel slippage.

I think after breaking them in, it will be gone.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

post #2878 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkpm View Post

Photos of my Green Shell Ranger Moc

Definitely love them, especially the spongy like reltex lactae hevea sole, very comfortable.

They make me wonder if the Alden's plantation crepe sole offers the same degree of comfort.

 

It turns out that 7E is the right size for me, at least for Rancourt's lace shoes, just some minor heel slippage.

I think after breaking them in, it will be gone.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I'm jealous and I just got my #8 cordovan Ranger Mocs.

 

Very nice, Congrats.

post #2879 of 4989

not seeing this 20% coupon anywhere

post #2880 of 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

not seeing this 20% coupon anywhere
Did you receive an email from Rancourt with a link to the customizer tool?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine