Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 171
I picked up the Steven Alan peanut mocc chukka for a steal last month. i hadnt tried them on until tonight when as soon as slipped my foot in, the top stich on the middle of the heal just came undone from the leather. it isnt the stitch that tore. its the actual suede. harrumph. anyone know if this is a difficult fix? I'm kind of pissed off that that even happened. The shoes are the perfect size for me, so it must have been a poor stitching job too close to the end of the leather. I'll attach a pic here. i dont want to spend what i paid for them in shipping to steven alan or rancourt. it seems like an oversight in QC.
Every time I try to access their "Made to Order" page, I get a server error.
Here's what I did to fix it:
I can view their pages on the default settings for the site. However, if I use the page's drop down menu to try to adjust the page to view more than the 16 items that is the default, then it crashes, and stays crashed. Repeat attempts to visit the page give a server error.
So, I went to my browser tools and cleared the cache and cookies. This allowed me to revisit the Rancourt pages without crashing. (But I still can't adjust the view to see more than the default 16 items at once, or it crashes again.)
So, clear your cache and cookies, and revisit the pages, but don't use any of the drop down menus to view more items than is on the default.
Edited by Kai - 7/3/13 at 9:15pm
Sorry about the delay, I haven't been around here much lately. A few things: I love the unlined with no socks combo.
It's not harsh as far as I'm concerned, and I think the shoes tend to breathe better.
They are pretty loose and I tie them tight, but they are comfortable.
Unfortunately I don't have any Aldens for a reference point. I have a pair of Red Wing chukkas in 6D that fit best with thick socks, if that helps. I would definitely recommend getting the Made To Fit shoes, probably in 6D and 6.5D (they don't have a 5.5E), especially because the MTF shoes they send are Venetians.
Heel slippage in the Venetians will be important to look out for, and keep in mind the Ranger heel is not as high as the Venetian, and you can can't make the Venetians tighter with laces. As a bonus complication, I tried on some Quoddy Blucher mocs today and the 5.5 was tight and the 6 was loose. What the hell?
Thank you for your response. I am still worried about the sizing and can't make the decision yet...I don't think I should order in size 6.5d, what Katie from Rancourt suggested. I doubt it since I could fit 5.5D Alden Modified last. According to them, their sizing is slightly bigger than Alden's, thus they recommend to go for a 1/2 larger than my Indy's. However Indy uses very wide last which is unusual. It's a wider than Red Wing or Wolverine competitor. My indy fits me well with thick socks.
I am not sure if I should use their MTO program because I am afraid to pick two wrong sizes (and my budget is tight, too T_T). My size could be 5.5D or 6D or 6E or 6.5D.
I see a pair of Venetian on ebay right now (luckily) and checked the actual measurements (11" long x 3.75 wide @ widest on the outsole) - they are of course, way too long, and even a 1/2 size down from it(=6.5D, which Rancourt suggested) seem still big to me. Width seem to be ok, it might be too narrow on my feet.
Now, would you mind giving me the actual measurements on the outsole of your Navy Mocs? I believe that's most trust worthy.
I am very sorry to bug you many times, but I believe it's worth asking before making the decision.
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Sourcing vintage Seiko watches 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Fatigue Pants Olive Outback Canvas Sz32 BNWT 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 16 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts