Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CLEARANCE: Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 7/7/13 at 12:16pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- G&G Cannes Loafer in Pebble Grain 10.5DUK KN14 Last Last post on 6/24/13 at 9:20am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Tod's Last post on 2/8/13 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 171
Styleforum Top Picks
I picked up the Steven Alan peanut mocc chukka for a steal last month. i hadnt tried them on until tonight when as soon as slipped my foot in, the top stich on the middle of the heal just came undone from the leather. it isnt the stitch that tore. its the actual suede. harrumph. anyone know if this is a difficult fix? I'm kind of pissed off that that even happened. The shoes are the perfect size for me, so it must have been a poor stitching job too close to the end of the leather. I'll attach a pic here. i dont want to spend what i paid for them in shipping to steven alan or rancourt. it seems like an oversight in QC.
Every time I try to access their "Made to Order" page, I get a server error.
Here's what I did to fix it:
I can view their pages on the default settings for the site. However, if I use the page's drop down menu to try to adjust the page to view more than the 16 items that is the default, then it crashes, and stays crashed. Repeat attempts to visit the page give a server error.
So, I went to my browser tools and cleared the cache and cookies. This allowed me to revisit the Rancourt pages without crashing. (But I still can't adjust the view to see more than the default 16 items at once, or it crashes again.)
So, clear your cache and cookies, and revisit the pages, but don't use any of the drop down menus to view more items than is on the default.
Edited by Kai - 7/3/13 at 9:15pm
Sorry about the delay, I haven't been around here much lately. A few things: I love the unlined with no socks combo.
It's not harsh as far as I'm concerned, and I think the shoes tend to breathe better.
They are pretty loose and I tie them tight, but they are comfortable.
Unfortunately I don't have any Aldens for a reference point. I have a pair of Red Wing chukkas in 6D that fit best with thick socks, if that helps. I would definitely recommend getting the Made To Fit shoes, probably in 6D and 6.5D (they don't have a 5.5E), especially because the MTF shoes they send are Venetians.
Heel slippage in the Venetians will be important to look out for, and keep in mind the Ranger heel is not as high as the Venetian, and you can can't make the Venetians tighter with laces. As a bonus complication, I tried on some Quoddy Blucher mocs today and the 5.5 was tight and the 6 was loose. What the hell?
Thank you for your response. I am still worried about the sizing and can't make the decision yet...I don't think I should order in size 6.5d, what Katie from Rancourt suggested. I doubt it since I could fit 5.5D Alden Modified last. According to them, their sizing is slightly bigger than Alden's, thus they recommend to go for a 1/2 larger than my Indy's. However Indy uses very wide last which is unusual. It's a wider than Red Wing or Wolverine competitor. My indy fits me well with thick socks.
I am not sure if I should use their MTO program because I am afraid to pick two wrong sizes (and my budget is tight, too T_T). My size could be 5.5D or 6D or 6E or 6.5D.
I see a pair of Venetian on ebay right now (luckily) and checked the actual measurements (11" long x 3.75 wide @ widest on the outsole) - they are of course, way too long, and even a 1/2 size down from it(=6.5D, which Rancourt suggested) seem still big to me. Width seem to be ok, it might be too narrow on my feet.
Now, would you mind giving me the actual measurements on the outsole of your Navy Mocs? I believe that's most trust worthy.
I am very sorry to bug you many times, but I believe it's worth asking before making the decision.
- RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
Styleforum Top Picks
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Is this suit too tight? 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › To the SFers that don't work in a field which requires suit and... 9 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw